Good anime on Netflix

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

BrinODea

Good anime on Netflix

Post by BrinODea »

So with summer coming around, I am going to have a lot of spare time, and I was wondering what good anime's you all would recommend, preferably on netfilx. Now I know netflix isn't the best for anime, so if there are any good free sites (legal of course) I'm up for those as all. I have fallen behind in my anime watching, and need to catch up ASAP!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Good anime on Netflix

Post by Kaori »

you got utorrent?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist
Chrome Shelled Regios
Canaan
Samurai Champloo
xxxHolic
Xam'd Lost Memories
Highschool of the Dead
Black Butler
You might also like Trigun.

But really HULU has a better selection of anime.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Erranty wrote:Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist
Chrome Shelled Regios
Canaan
Samurai Champloo
xxxHolic
Xam'd Lost Memories
Highschool of the Dead
Black Butler
You might also like Trigun.

But really HULU has a better selection of anime.
*Facepalm* I totally forget that I also have access to one of my friends HULU accounts.
But by the looks of it, I seen just about all the good animes on netflix then...
I just need to go back home for a few and break into my cousins anime collection... She has shelves upon shelves of anime and manga which were a total b**ch to move.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Hulu has free stuff too, you can make an account without needing to pay for anything.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

I honestly read more than I watch, but if you're not picky about subs vs. dubs then I'd strongly recommend getting a torrent client and looking up some of the more artsy series like Tatami Galaxy and Kemonozume.
The only trouble you should have is getting a video player that can play .mkv files, but you can fix that relatively easily by using your google-fu.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

nobodyknows wrote:I honestly read more than I watch, but if you're not picky about subs vs. dubs then I'd strongly recommend getting a torrent client and looking up some of the more artsy series like Tatami Galaxy and Kemonozume.
The only trouble you should have is getting a video player that can play .mkv files, but you can fix that relatively easily by using your google-fu.
Torrents are the fastest way to getting me blocked off of the campus' internet whether they are "legal or not"...but if I remember correctly Winamp used to be able to play them with just an add-on or two, its been a while since I have used it. I have also used video converts before that have worked well, but like I said, a lot of these are instant ban for my campus.
However thank you for the suggestions! I will look around and see what I can find on them!
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Well, if you look up CCCP Combined Community Codec Pack it'll have everything you need to watch just about any type of video file, including a video program. It works with VLC player too, which I prefer just because of customizing options, but the one that comes with CCCP is better since it auto-fixes video artifacts.

If any of that was confusing, the short version is "just download CCCP and use it's video player."

But I do have to say, if you're at a college it's best just to go though streaming sites like HULU, Netflix, or various other sites like JUSTDUBS, anime44, and a couple others.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Erranty wrote:Well, if you look up CCCP Combined Community Codec Pack it'll have everything you need to watch just about any type of video file, including a video program. It works with VLC player too, which I prefer just because of customizing options, but the one that comes with CCCP is better since it auto-fixes video artifacts.

If any of that was confusing, the short version is "just download CCCP and use it's video player."

But I do have to say, if you're at a college it's best just to go though streaming sites like HULU, Netflix, or various other sites like JUSTDUBS, anime44, and a couple others.
yeah I will deferentially look into that. Hopefully I will be getting an apartment in the beginning of June so I wont have to worry about all these restriction and slow internet anymore.

BTW out of curiosity how does it auto-fix video artifacts? Wouldn't it need access to an original or at least a very well copied version? Or am I getting codes mixed up? Or does is just "properly" open the files?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

BrinODea wrote:
Erranty wrote:Well, if you look up CCCP Combined Community Codec Pack it'll have everything you need to watch just about any type of video file, including a video program. It works with VLC player too, which I prefer just because of customizing options, but the one that comes with CCCP is better since it auto-fixes video artifacts.

yeah I will deferentially look into that. Hopefully I will be getting an apartment in the beginning of June so I wont have to worry about all these restriction and slow internet anymore.

BTW out of curiosity how does it auto-fix video artifacts? Wouldn't it need access to an original or at least a very well copied version? Or am I getting codes mixed up? Or does is just "properly" open the files?
Many applications have trouble reading videos for various reasons. Most of those reasons are because someone made the video with a strange program. Other reasons could be the size of the file vs the power of your hardware, audio pieces being incapable the video pieces, or processing errors in your video player.

As far as your internet when you move out of the dorms, if you have access to a company called Wide Open West (WOW) you should go with them. They have no data limits, better prices than comcast, more stable speeds, and if you know about Port Forwarding you can't get caught using torrents.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Erranty wrote: Many applications have trouble reading videos for various reasons. Most of those reasons are because someone made the video with a strange program. Other reasons could be the size of the file vs the power of your hardware, audio pieces being incapable the video pieces, or processing errors in your video player.

As far as your internet when you move out of the dorms, if you have access to a company called Wide Open West (WOW) you should go with them. They have no data limits, better prices than comcast, more stable speeds, and if you know about Port Forwarding you can't get caught using torrents.
Ok, that makes sense. I have almost always had the latest video/audio adapters and computers designed for well, designing as my mom was a professor at graphics/video design college so I never really worried about that whenever my cousin would give me data discs of anime. I used to be about 1-2 years ahead on watching anime before they made it State side, if they ever did.

Sadly WOW isn't out here yet, but comcast offers some good student deals. I do plan on shopping around for a while, and will probably just go to a coffee shop or the schools libraries and use the internet there for a couple of months.
Kite

Post by Kite »

if you havent already seen it full metal al brotherhood is a good mix of comedy, action, and emotion.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Kite wrote:if you havent already seen it full metal al brotherhood is a good mix of comedy, action, and emotion.
Yeah, I've seen both series of FMA. I enjoyed them, and I plan buying the manga for them eventually, as I can get them used for like $6 and they are actually the larger ones where they put three volumes into 1. I actually got my sister addicted to it one summer, which was a bad idea... she went freaken crazy for everything alchemy afterwards...
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I never really thought Netflix has as a very good anime selections. It just has what's popular at the moment and a few others that aren't really good. Which is sad because the used to have a good selection and then for some reason cleared them all out. Their selection isn't as big as it used to be either.