the "I dislike this/these particular anime" thread

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Re: the "I dislike this/these particular anime" thread

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Vallen wrote:Bleach filler is better than naruto filler though :P
and thats the sad part.. i cant stand bleach filler for some reason, and probably the same dumb reason, im ok with watching naruto filler.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Vallen wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote: What do you consider Part 1 of Naruto?
I consider episode 1 - 140 (ish) after Sasuke leaves as the first part. The other 80 episodes are filler and could be skipped. However, those filler episodes really developed the genin twelve - everybody got character development. So in a way, I would even say all of part one is good. Shippuden onwards is when the anime became bad. I hear it's still in fillers for a 2nd year straight even after the manga finished lol.
Helbaworshipper wrote: As for The OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin... They were made when the manga and anime caught up and the show suffered from filler arcs that caused it to end. It's by no mean cannon for the manga, but they are entertaining.
I am one of those people that are fine with filler endings. For example, I consider FMA 2003 far superior to Brotherhood despite being a a filler story in the second half of the show. Rurouni Kenshin OVAs failed at that. The regular anime stops after about a season of filler, which is fine.

The OVAs however, were not necessary. There are many problems with them:

-The change in art style was horrible
-The change in voice actors killed the mood (at least for the English version)
-The story was a filthy mess
-Character development sucked:
-----Kaoru got reduced to a weak woman dependent on her man who treated her like filth.
-----Kaoru has fallen in my eyes when she still begs for Kenshin after the way he treats her, disgusting.
-----Kenshin's relationship with that whore (although being partly canon) was really sickening.
-----Kenshin became a pathetic hobo who left his wife and kid. I was cheering for that "younger brother" when he was beating Kenshin up.
-----Kenshin had a pathetic death, I think it was Leprosy? A pathetic way to end such a character.
-----And overall the story was a rushed mess - it degraded the well established characters.

Thankfully you can watch the regular anime, and then jump straight into the manga to get a proper conclusion.
I like the first OVA pretty much. The other two vary. The second one is just an enlongated random episode. The last one is pretty much different because it's filler. The first one is the only one I agree.

As for Naruto...

I can only really get to episode 80.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

infinite ryvius is the only series I've ever watched that made me physically tear my own hair out.
jesus h christ it's awful.