first anime ever seen.

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

SCP-173

first anime ever seen.

Post by SCP-173 »

Id have to be honest and say mine was dragonball. Or if samurai jack counts then that.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: first anime ever seen.

Post by AZURE-KITE »

i can't believe you're still here... are you gonna reach my record!?

well, my first one was Mazinger Z, whole friggin' series! when i was 5.yeah, or maybe it can be inuyasha, yu gi oh or shaman king.

can't remember well
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Pokemon. Then Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon (not my choice), Inuyasha, and FLCL.

Samurai Jack doesn't count because it's not anime, it was made by Genndy Tartakovski, the same man who made Dexter's Lab.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Ninja Scroll or possibly Sailor Moon? I don't remember exactly.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I don't even remember. I've been watching anime since I was itty bitty.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Wow, first anime i EVER watched? D:
No freaking idea, as i've watched anime ever since my eyes could focus on that colorful box called TV. No way i could remember which one was the VERY FIRST D8
I do have memories of Mach Go Go Go (Speed Racer) and Kyattou Ninden Teyande (Samurai Pizza Cats) from when i was like 2 years old or so. But the first series that introduced me to "anime" properly, viewing them as actual japanese animation and not just random cartoons that happened to be on the colorful box, were Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball.
Eventually on my early childhood, i watched series like Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Card Captor Sakura, Captain Tsubasa, Ranma 1/2, and SEVERAL others, but they definetly weren't the first ones i watched, and by then i was introduced to anime enough to differentiate them from "cartoons" XD And i also watched and enjoyed a heckload of cartoons too. lol
Furie

Post by Furie »

My first anime was Sailor Moon. I used to love the heck out of that show, and it's probably the reason why I still love Magical Girl series' to this day.

Next, was probably pokemon. After that, Zoids and .hack//SIGN. I don't remember which came first.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

I have yet to watch a single episode of .hack//sign but I don't even think dragonball was my first now that I think about it. I think it would have to be bleach or dragonball.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Now I remember, it was Voltron from the 80's. Remember watching that on TV.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

zerokoolpsx wrote:Now I remember, it was Voltron from the 80's. Remember watching that on TV.

I'm only 15. I wish I could have seen some of those classic shows.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

SCP-173 wrote:
zerokoolpsx wrote:Now I remember, it was Voltron from the 80's. Remember watching that on TV.

I'm only 15. I wish I could have seen some of those classic shows.
Eh, age isn't really an excuse to not have watched older shows ;P
I watched Speed Racer even though that was from the 70's, and later in my life i was able to watch Mazinger Z, Astroboy (the first remake, from the 80's), Captain Harlock, and other great classic anime from way before i was born, and i watched them all on TV too since by then the internet wasn't so public and worldwide and you still had to buy VHS tapes to record stuff XD
And even AZURE-KITE, who is about the same age as you, was able to watch Mazinger Z as one of his first anime series. So even in the most recent times you can still enjoy the wonders of VERY classic shows at a young age!! :D lol
Also, even if you didn't watch them years ago, you're still able to watch them all now. lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think it was Samurai Trooper (as "Ronin Warriors"), followed by Tekkaman Blade (as "Teknoman") on syndicated TV in 1995, when I was nine. I didn't know they were anime, I just thought they were "better cartoons" and was immediately hooked to the idea that animation could have an interesting plot. I may have seen one episode of Speed Racer somewhere, but I didn't think is was very good, and I was aware of Voltron the toy but never saw Voltron the show. Sailor Moon came out later on, but I didn't like that at first either. It really wasn't until either Pokemon or Gundam Wing that I discovered (now that the internet was better and my parents finally got cable) what anime was. By the time that .hack//SIGN came out I had already skipped a year ahead in Japanese class and was watching obscure shows like Iketeru Futari and Photon.

In Japan, pretty much all anime fans also like Power Rangers. It's interesting how that preceded the anime boom here.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Galaxy Express 999, on the old original Sci-Fi channel.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

First anime? Pretty sure it was Sailor Moon... next came Dragon Ball, Pokemon, and Digimon. Nnnngh, I feel old.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I remember watching Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and some other rmecha one that I can't remember the name of.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Can't remember exactly.... but I can name some anime as far as I can track back in my memory...

Sailor Moon of course, call me weird, but I grew obsession with this anime *hides under table* even I forgot the storyline, so this is one of the 'first ten anime'. Then there's Popolocrois, I can't remember how or why, but every time I recall this anime, sadness overwhelmed me... maybe I should rewatch it... Oh yeah, there's Ge ge ge Kitaro, and he has emo hair before it was cool. Ah almost forgot! There's Mahojin Guru Guru too!

Then Saint Seiya.... Dragon Ball... Digimon (oh I LOVE this one! especially adventure, the first always the best)

I... I almost cry.... those are my childhood.... anime was miracle back then....
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

mmm... I can't really remember, but all of the anime in my country came out in the same time, I remember , Dragon Ball , Digimon , Pokemon, Let's & Go ...etc.
But they used to call them Cartoons =_=
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I loved the first seasons of Pokemon and Digimon. Especially Digimon. So, soo much... ;_;

And don't feel bad VirusCoreS. I grew a weird obsession with SM too, lol.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Hey, Sailor Moon was freaking awesome!! And every little male kid had funny thoughts when they'd transform and you'd see their shiny naked silhouettes!! D8 lol
I watched the original series completely, and then just watched random episodes of R and S. I remember thinking that Tuxedo Mask was so awesome XD And i would compare him with Ikki of Saint Seiya, because of how he would arrive at the PERFECT moment to save the "girl" (called Shun in Saint Seiya. LOL).
Also, it's nice to see several people here got introduced to the anime world with Sailor Moon XD lol

And Digimon....ohh Digimon TT3TT
I recently (well, like 2 years ago) downloaded the first series in japanese, and it was SO amazing and nostalgic to rewatch it. I probably cried in every episode TT3TT Also, even though the spanish version i watched in my childhood was dubbed from the english version (and so keeping all the censorship and all), they used the original music themes from the japanese version, including the songs Butterfly and Brave Heart, so simply listening to that theme again as they digivolved was enough to fill me with emotions. And then the epic battles, such like Angemon vs Devimon, Myotismon's attacks in the real world, WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon, Apocalymon, the ENDING......i wanna cry now TT333333TT
Also, they sure took out many things from the japanese version; Digimon was sure a nice and cute anime aimed to kids, but it wasn't as childish as you might remember D: Mimi was a freaking survivalist expert and not just a happy kid with cosmetics, Myotismon was a freaking sadist that might've raped someone, the themes of "death" were way stronger...most things remain the same, but it was freaking awesome to watch it without the "happy cover" enforced by the dub, and many things are more serious and emotional than you'd remember.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Digimon was the ****. :D There was so much epic in that. Also I remember I had a "thing" for Lillymon too. (God I feel so bad for admitting that, lol. >_<) Metalgreymon will always be my favourite though. Bad-ass giant flying cyborg dinosaur. 83

I think after Pokemon and Digimon I found Yu-Gi-Oh and a few others. First time I saw .hack//SIGN was in YTV's Bionix block along with InuYasha and Bleach. It wasn't even that far away from the first time I saw Yu-Gi-Oh either, lol.