first anime ever seen.

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Amaso

Re: first anime ever seen.

Post by Amaso »

TheSorrow wrote:Hey, Sailor Moon was freaking awesome!! And every little male kid had funny thoughts when they'd transform and you'd see their shiny naked silhouettes!! D8 lol
I watched the original series completely, and then just watched random episodes of R and S. I remember thinking that Tuxedo Mask was so awesome XD And i would compare him with Ikki of Saint Seiya, because of how he would arrive at the PERFECT moment to save the "girl" (called Shun in Saint Seiya. LOL).
Also, it's nice to see several people here got introduced to the anime world with Sailor Moon XD lol

And Digimon....ohh Digimon TT3TT
I recently (well, like 2 years ago) downloaded the first series in japanese, and it was SO amazing and nostalgic to rewatch it. I probably cried in every episode TT3TT Also, even though the spanish version i watched in my childhood was dubbed from the english version (and so keeping all the censorship and all), they used the original music themes from the japanese version, including the songs Butterfly and Brave Heart, so simply listening to that theme again as they digivolved was enough to fill me with emotions. And then the epic battles, such like Angemon vs Devimon, Myotismon's attacks in the real world, WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon, Apocalymon, the ENDING......i wanna cry now TT333333TT
Also, they sure took out many things from the japanese version; Digimon was sure a nice and cute anime aimed to kids, but it wasn't as childish as you might remember D: Mimi was a freaking survivalist expert and not just a happy kid with cosmetics, Myotismon was a freaking sadist that might've raped someone, the themes of "death" were way stronger...most things remain the same, but it was freaking awesome to watch it without the "happy cover" enforced by the dub, and many things are more serious and emotional than you'd remember.
Well , in my country Digimon ,had a totally different story than the original series , even the Character names are different , and the Censorship level was infinite :P .
Not only Digimon , every Anime dubbed into Arabic gets infinite Censorship and bad Dubbing T_T .
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Amaso wrote:Well , in my country Digimon ,had a totally different story than the original series , even the Character names are different , and the Censorship level was infinite :P .
Not only Digimon , every Anime dubbed into Arabic gets infinite Censorship and bad Dubbing T_T .
Watch them all in japanese with english subs then :D Use the power of media the internet grants you!!! 8DD lol
I actually stopped watching dubbed anime LONG ago...by the time i was watching .Hack//SIGN i already downloaded or watched all my anime online in japanese, with either english or spanish subs. I don't even know if any .Hack anime was ever aired here D: lol
Though spanish dubs weren't really bad. As i said, they were dubbed from the english versions, but they kept ALL the original soundtrack from the japanese versions, with the exception that the main themes were sung by spanish artists...most of them were pretty awesome though, and those artists are VERY popular in the otaku fandom here XDD Not all songs were "dubbed" though, for example in Digimon they kept Brave Heart in japanese, as well as the part where Butterfly plays in the ending. We also had GREAT VA's...Mario Castañeda is so freaking popular in here for being the voice of Goku and has dubbed ALOT of characters from other series and movies. And though the dubbing here retained all the censorship and most dialogue from the english version, the VAs would also manage to throw in random jokes, funny wordplays and local culture referrences with the character's dialogues, while in both japanese and english versions the characters would just say a normal line or their own local joke. I always considered that as very fun and awesome and really made me enjoy watching them more XD

So, while i prefer anime with the original japanese voices and the original dialogue without censorship, i did enjoy all the anime i watched in spanish and i'm sure i'd really enjoy watching them in spanish again XD
And though i haven't watched any recent anime with spanish dubbing, i believe it should be just fine, and if anything sucks with it, then it'd be the censorship since it keeps getting worse and worse D: I think they completely butchered Naruto D8' lol
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

TheSorrow wrote: So, while i prefer anime with the original japanese voices and the original dialogue without censorship, i did enjoy all the anime i watched in spanish and i'm sure i'd really enjoy watching them in spanish again XD
And though i haven't watched any recent anime with spanish dubbing, i believe it should be just fine, and if anything sucks with it, then it'd be the censorship since it keeps getting worse and worse D: I think they completely butchered Naruto D8' lol
I only ever watch Japanese with subs anymore just because the Englsih voice acting sucks. I don't know if any of you have watched or D.gray-man but when the manga came out I loved it and I was super hyped when they came out with the anime. I couldn't wait for them to localize it so I watched it in Japanese with subtitles and love it just as much as the manga (Which is rare for me because I always love the manga over the anime). Well, when they finally localized it in English it freaking sucked. I hated it! The voice acting was terrible! It ruined the whole anime for me. My cousin and friends thought the same thing to. They're just getting really crappy with dubbings and any new anime I can't stand watching because the voicing are terrible. I also like watching subs just because they're more accurate then the dubbings. I think the most butchered anime I've watched is One Piece (If you watch the 4kids version). Another reason why I like manga more because they normally don't censor them.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

I think my first anime was Dragonball Z (OH how I hate you Dragonball Z kai though, oh how I loathe you...), then Outlaw Star and Trigun.
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

Dragon Ball Z
lycorispeony

Post by lycorispeony »

Hmm..I can't recall if it was Sailormoon. Technically, I've watched Laputa: Castle in the Sky and Totoro when I was young so, if that counts, then~
Guilty Grunty

Post by Guilty Grunty »

Either Doraemon or Digimon
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

mine was Pokémon, the first English one. And Yu-Gi-Oh, non-stop. Then Bleach, that's all when I was like maybe 4-9 years.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

in order the first ten I ever watched pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, zoids, gundum wing, dragon ball z, Yuyu haku show, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh , .hack//sign,
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Shiori wrote:in order the first ten I ever watched pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, zoids, gundum wing, dragon ball z, Yuyu haku show, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh , .hack//sign,

Oh damn I remember zoids. Zoids was the best of robot animes back then Zoids FTW :D :D :D :lol:
shikiaki

Post by shikiaki »

Haseo_Dude wrote:
Shiori wrote:in order the first ten I ever watched pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, zoids, gundum wing, dragon ball z, Yuyu haku show, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh , .hack//sign,

Oh damn I remember zoids. Zoids was the best of robot animes back then Zoids FTW :D :D :D :lol:
Zoids was awesome! Go Liger Zero!!!
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Everything on the originally toonami? ;P
Although I forgot about Digimons existences for a while. That was one that me and all my friends in elementary school would watch together.
And not to get too far off topic, does anyone else remember thinking that they could get a $100 if they got one of the "ultra-rare" pokemon card or Yu-Gi-Oh card?
Oh, how I miss the days of trading cards before school...
shikiaki

Post by shikiaki »

Probably Totoro. Or sailor moon. Ah... Saturday morning cartoons... The good days
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Haseo_Dude wrote:

Yes! It was the best X3 I even had some of the zoid toys!
shikiaki wrote:
Haseo_Dude wrote:

Zoids was awesome! Go Liger Zero!!!
]
Liger Zero was awsome! Thinking about it makes me kind of want to watch it again! X3
BrinODea wrote:
Everything on the originally toonami? ;P
Although I forgot about Digimons existences for a while. That was one that me and all my friends in elementary school would watch together.
And not to get too far off topic, does anyone else remember thinking that they could get a $100 if they got one of the "ultra-rare" pokemon card or Yu-Gi-Oh card?
Oh, how I miss the days of trading cards before school...
Yep and yeh I remember those days I collected yu-gi-oh cards only to trade them X3
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

shikiaki wrote:Probably Totoro. Or sailor moon. Ah... Saturday morning cartoons... The good days
Mine is Sailor Moon too! However, the episodes would air weekdays afternoon in my region, so it was a after-school cartoon for me :P