DBZ Kai might get cancel

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

zaseo

DBZ Kai might get cancel

Post by zaseo »

It appears DBZ Kai might get cancel, or get its time slot changed. This sucks, but what can you say when they haven't been giving the DragonBall fans anything new. I lost interest in most of the games after BT3. What about those fan made things like DBZ AF? Sure many suck, but some people had good ideas. What about the What if scenarios? We could see a SSJ/SS 4 Vegito, or something like that.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: DBZ Kai might get cancel

Post by AZURE-KITE »

yeah, that sucks, I wanted to see a Majin Goku and a SSJ3 Vegeta and a Gohan Goku Fusion D:
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

AZURE-KITE wrote:yeah, that sucks, I wanted to see a Majin Vegeta and a SSJ3 Goku and a Vegeta Goku Fusion D:
Fix'd. Did you even watch the series at all?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

-Aeon- wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:yeah, that sucks, I wanted to see a Majin Vegeta and a SSJ3 Goku and a Vegeta Goku Fusion D:
Fix'd. Did you even watch the series at all?
Actually, i'm almost sure he was talking about the possible "What If" scenarios, in referrence to "fan made things like DBZ AF", not about the actual series, so, he wasn't saying wrong stuff...just stuff that didn't happen but he wanted to see.
Hard to see a Majin Goku, perhaps it wouldn't have worked well since Goku has a very pure mind and heart (...a very pure-hearted that forced his son to fight against some evil android cockroach thing, and then killed himself in front of him, YES I KNOW. lol), a Goku-Gohan fusion would've been interesting too, and in fact that was the original idea with the Potara Rings....but Boo ate Gohan before it could happen and so Goku's last possible choice was Vegeta (yay Vegito). And as of SSJ3 Vegeta...that ACTUALLY exists and you can play with him in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1 and 2. AWESOME game, BTW, i really recommend it, especially Raging Blast 2, it has SEVERAL characters as well as some amazing "What Ifs" (features SSJ3 Vegeta, SSJ3 Broly, and the evil tsufuru-jin/tuffle machine of DOOM AND DESTRUCTION called Hatchiyack), and the gameplay is very awesome too.

Anyways, sad news if Kai gets cancelled, not too sad if it simply gets its show time rearranged, though i don't actually mind it either way...i only watched a couple episodes of it and while it isn't bad, i prefer the original version (especially since the latin-spanish version retained ALL of the original japanese music and ALL of the scenes...EPIC). And while some "What Ifs" are awesome, i don't really want to see them in a new anime or even OVA, since that would require a new storyline and other stuff and IMO, it would kinda ruin things and i prefer all of the Dragon Ball anime to just stay where it ended and not continue anymore at all...remakes are good but that's it :/ Instead, i prefer to see any "What Ifs" in videogames, just like how they were in Raging Blast 2...no real storyline given, just "I HAVE RETURNED AND I'M SUPAH POWERFUL AND IMMA KILL YOU" (no need for anything else, really), and, there's no best way to see all the powers and abilities of the characters, than actually playing with them. SSJ3 Vegeta is agile and badass, while SSJ3 Broly is a FREAKING MASTODON THAT GIVES A NEW DEFINITION OF OVERKILL. XD
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

It just wasn't as good as the DUB with the epic Bruce Falconer music. On another note, I recommend Budokai Tenkaichi 3 over RB 1&2. DBZ games are getting old these days. The story ended like 15 years ago, and it keeps getting reused in every game. The "what if's" don't really cut it, and additions like SSJ3 Broly are retarded. He's already overpowered as is. I'd rather get a new DBZ game with new characters, not the same ones with new forms, or a new original story written by Toriyama himself.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:On another note, I recommend Budokai Tenkaichi 3 over RB 1&2. DBZ games are getting old these days. The story ended like 15 years ago, and it keeps getting reused in every game. The "what if's" don't really cut it, and additions like SSJ3 Broly are retarded. He's already overpowered as is. I'd rather get a new DBZ game with new characters, not the same ones with new forms, or a new original story written by Toriyama himself.
...But Raging Blast 2 doesn't reuse the normal saga stories like the rest of the games, it added the new OVA stories which have been HARDLY used in the other games (no game ever recognized Hatchiyack at all), and SSJ3 Broly was created by Toriyama himself .-.
I know what you mean though, but personally, i do enjoy the new DBZ games and don't think they're getting old...after all they always add more stuff and you don't get bored of just playing through the same thing (especially NOT in Raging Blast 2), the online gaming is great and something that didn't exist before (...only in DBZ Wii?), and i also enjoy the "What Ifs", which i prefer much more than "whole new characters" (as i said, i don't want the story to be fully altered...just to see what we could never see before but would've been possible), and though a whole new original story wouldn't be bad, it wouldn't be the same as playing DBZ at all; perhaps i'd enjoy it, perhaps not, but i would treat them differently and apart from each other. Else it'd be like comparing DBZ with Chrono Trigger >_>;
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Never really watched Kai. I prefer the originals just cuz of the filler. The filler althoug tedious and long and drawn out made the show for me and when me and my friends talk about it thats the first thing we all talk about.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

It would be many fanboys/girls dream if the series was somehow continue, or had another special. I really want to see a Vegito vs Gogeta fight. I think Vegito is stronger, but we haven't seen the full extend of his power. Vegito could have gone SS3 and kicked Buu's ass, but he had to save the others. We've seen the full extend of Gogeta's power in GT. The major downside is the fusion time. I wonder how SS Gogeta would have fared against Buu.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

As long as Kai finishes our the Freiza saga then it wont matter if it gets canceled. The best part would've already been completed, all that unnecessary Android saga, Buu saga, and onward wont be missed.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

zaseo wrote:It would be many fanboys/girls dream if the series was somehow continue, or had another special. I really want to see a Vegito vs Gogeta fight. I think Vegito is stronger, but we haven't seen the full extend of his power. Vegito could have gone SS3 and kicked Buu's ass, but he had to save the others. We've seen the full extend of Gogeta's power in GT. The major downside is the fusion time. I wonder how SS Gogeta would have fared against Buu.
SS4 gogeta would do this:
Gogeta: Big Bang Kamehamehaaaa!!!!
Boo: You will daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
The battle ends......
yeah, gogeta would have pawned off (I don't remember the dragon of the 1 star ball)'s ass wih the big bang kamehameha, but gogeta played much with him and the time was over .-.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

After thinking about some things they could make more stuff dealing with the android time line thing. That saga has too many loopholes.