Re: What got you into Anime?

Post by sarxous »

Dragonball Z.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

OMG! I totally forgot about when I was about three! I remember watching Case Closed! BRAP
Haseo Vi Awesome

Post by Haseo Vi Awesome »

Sailor Moon was my first anime I've watched. Then DBZ and Pokemon, I used to record episode of DBZ. I was a big fan of Android 18
vagrantAI

Post by vagrantAI »

Cardcaptor Sakura and Pokemon really got me into anime. I will always have a soft spot for Cardcaptor Sakura.

Does anyone else boil with rage when they think of how Toonami got taken off Cartoon Network? I know I do. :evil:
Haseo Vi Awesome

Post by Haseo Vi Awesome »

vagrantAI wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura and Pokemon really got me into anime. I will always have a soft spot for Cardcaptor Sakura.

Does anyone else boil with rage when they think of how Toonami got taken off Cartoon Network? I know I do. :evil:
They ripped a part of my childhood from my memories when they did that. :(
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

It started when I joined my high school's anime club on a whim, because they demanded extra-curricular activity participation, and anime club sounded like it would be the least bothersome choice. Then I got into .hack//Sign and Gundam Seed, and it just snowballed out from there.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

Haseo Vi Awesome wrote:
vagrantAI wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura and Pokemon really got me into anime. I will always have a soft spot for Cardcaptor Sakura.

MINE TOO! ugh! i hated it when they did that! :( and its sad to think that that was years ago now too :(
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Terejima Ryoko wrote:
Haseo Vi Awesome wrote:

MINE TOO! ugh! i hated it when they did that! :( and its sad to think that that was years ago now too :(
Toonami had fallen apart way before they took it off the network. I still remember the old lineup
Sailor Moon
Wing Commander
Reboot
Voltron/Golion
Gundam Wing (A little later)
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

i remember that line up too! oh! and also back in the beginning when they aired Tenchi! i miss Tenchi...
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Terejima Ryoko wrote:i remember that line up too! oh! and also back in the beginning when they aired Tenchi! i miss Tenchi...

Yeah as do I... but I think we're getting off track here. Need a new topic about this one.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

in sweden they only show kids anime like pokemon and beyblade and yugioh :P but umm when i was little i liked watching sailor moon, and i watched digimon too. i think thats how i started to like anime, but i havent seen that much yet. ive only seen hack sign and love hina, because my friend had them :P oh, and when i stayed for a while at a family i know, they had this channel that showed music all the time but sometimes they showed anime :D i watched samurai champloo there, but i missed a few episodes sometimes. now i dont know what anime i should watch...
Reika Y.A.

Post by Reika Y.A. »

Doraemon..age 3...I love it till now!! :)
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

Pokemon was the first one that I can remember.
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

I could've sworn I answered this already...

So I was like, nine, and watching Sailor Moon after school. Didn't even know it was called anime, just thought it was some neat new kind of cartoon. Now when I think about watching Sailor Moon, I could gag. Hot girls in skimpy skirts? Sure. Minute-long transformation sequences, repetitive crap attacks complete with stupid catchphrases and long-winded speeches, formulaic monster-of-the-week pattern, Adaptation Decay to the nth degree, little to no real violence, over-the-top emotes and annoying girls with equally annoying voices? Wallbanger. If it was supposed to be a children's show, I'd understand, but... The only thing I find remotely redeeming about that show is all the Hide Your Lesbians moments. Annwyn likey lesbians. And the Amazon Trio. Tranny, lowlife (dream-)rapists hanging out at a bar, drinking their livers away and literally choosing their enemies according to sexual attraction, then finding out they're actually some freaky animals from the Amazon? That's gold. Probably the only season I would rewatch if I was really bored. Especially for the strange bestiality/pedophilia vibe from that one chick and her horse.

I'm kind of growing out of anime in general... The various tropes and cliches just don't interest me as much anymore. Even .hack is starting to lose its charm in my eyes. Gasp, I must be growing up.
Jindan

Post by Jindan »

I guess Inuyasha get me into anime the music , action some moments completely devoured me..
iLuvGaspard

Post by iLuvGaspard »

Way back in 1997 when CN used to show Sailor Moon!!!
I've been hooked on Anime since then!!!
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

iLuvGaspard wrote:Way back in 1997 when CN used to show Sailor Moon!!!
I've been hooked on Anime since then!!!
S or Super S? Or are we talking R?
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

I started "really" watching anime after watching Hellsing and Elfen Lied.
Reon

Post by Reon »

The first anime I ever saw was .hack//SIGN, but only the last 5 or so minutes. I thought to myself "What the hell was that? That didn't look like a cartoon? I LIKE IT!" and so, I watched the next show right after that, which was Yu Yu Hakusho. But then again, this was when Cartoon Network had Toonami during the afternoon/evening.