Table Top .hack

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Sizzdaddy

Table Top .hack

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Wow it's been awhile since I've been here, not even sure how many people still frequent this forum.

I'm even less sure how this topic will be received or even if it's on the right place on this forum. But here goes....

I've come up with, won't say invented because I'm sure others have tried before. But I've come up with a fairly workable table top version of .hack using the first video game series as my source. So that makes it R:1 I suppose. It operates mostly like D&D with dice and paper and pencil. I won't go crazily into detail about it atm because I'd hate to write this long explanation on it only to find that two people still access this site lol. However I will entertain any questions that anyone posts here about it.

Thanks
Falions

Re: Table Top .hack

Post by Falions »

This sounds super interesting! How does it work? Let's all get together and play.
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

It really works quite like D&D, at least the game mechanics do. Activate a portal, the DM rolls to see which monsters appear from portals and how many, then players and monsters roll for initiative, then combat ensues using D20 and D30 dies for hits and damage. Skills can be used, spells, scrolls, items etc just as in hack. It's not 100% teched out and I'm sure some things might still seem buggy, but the difficulty is set to be high so players are forced to use their GP on items to prepare for fields. That was always one thing I always disliked about video game RPGs was carrying around a ton of items that you never even used. Monsters hit hard and some are even all but impossible to hit with one type of attack or another. I didn't make any completely physically tolerant or magically tolerant cause that would just slow things down to much. But say for example Deadly Moth is really tough to hit with physical attacks, this forces the team to use spells and or carry some scrolls to beat him down. At least far enough to activate protect break.

I've also added grunty races, a player vs monster and player vs player arena. Most all weapons and items from the series appear in this as well.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

This is actually a very insteresting idea. I'd love to find out more about it. Does it follow the original 4 games storyline? Or does the GM decide for one? Do you have a physical board for this? Or is it digital?

I could post some other questions, but I'll restrain myself to avoid making stupid questions... As of now, how much can you tell us asides from what you already have? I'm interested in it.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I like tabletop, but I prefer wargaming due to this:

And I'm not so familir with D&D but I did play warhammer fantasy roleplaying game and I do have a videogame with tabletop elements, crimson shroud in case you were wondering.
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Firstly there are no stupid questions and I'll entertain anything you wanna know. Grunty racing, yes, guild battles yes, arena battles yes, etc.

Secondly to the questions you did ask. I currently don't have a story line established. It operates more like Fragmnet was intended to where everyone gets to enjoy the World as it was intended. Data drain is still the main means of acquiring armor and weapons though. As far as boards/manuals are concerned I currently have it written down in a huge stack of notebook paper lol. However I am currently in the process of working with a buddy of mine who's a wiz on Microsoft excel, to clean it up a bit. Hopefully I'll get it into a PDF form or something like that to host online.