Titan Rain: Tales from the Dominion

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Titan Rain: Tales from the Dominion

Post by Kaori »

It is the 41st Millenium and Emperor Ana Lewis controls and leads 87,000 Galaxies under her banner, its been 4 years since she took the throne and now has to fight a war against Rebels Aliens, and others seeking to oust her, and she will do anything to stay in power, no matter who may die for her to maintain her right to rule...

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in this grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods....

Here are their stories.....
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Justice

Post by Kaori »

The Village of Arroyo is an okay place to live, there's plenty of food and water, and running electricity brought about by infrastructure projects by the Dominion to "modernize" feudal worlds, many of the young ones go off to join the Dominion Armed Forces to see new worlds while most old folks are content living in more comfortable lives thanks to the machinery they are provided with, the days go by without incident, but not everything lasts forever......

Two Dominion Marines stood in front of the Village entrance, behind them was their commanding officer and their VTOL transport, the CO was holding a portable Mic, the officer then spoke into it and adressed the people standing in front of him, "People of Arroyo, I come here with news, we have recieved a report that a man and his family came in here and sought refuge, what you don't know was that this man is a wanted fugitive." He spoke in the local language, the people murmured among themselves, "Now, does anybody know where this man is now?" Asked the Officer, everybody stayed silent, the Officer was rather annoyed, he sighed and asked, "does anybody here speak English?", with that, a man raised his hand, he seemed to be in his late thirties, had a beard and mustache and sported a rugged look of a farmer, the officer motioned for him to come closer and he did, he asked for his name and he got it, they conversed in english, leaving the rest of the village out of the conversation, as they continued to talk, they saw that the man's face had a look of frozen fear on it, the officer was speaking softly in a very polite tone though, the villagers believed the officer was telling the man something serious, and as the conversation went on, they noticed how the man's eyes began to develop tears, clearly, this conversation was doing him no good, it ended with the officer shaking his hand and leaving, the man was on the verge of tears and looked at the townspeople, he knew what he had to do....

That night, a man and a woman went through the forest, having left the village, "hurry, its not much farther." Said the man, "I hope so, I don't think Seamus like being out in the cold like this." Said the woman as she carried her baby, as they continued to their getaway, the man stopped cold when he saw something on his wife's forehead, it was a little red dot.

"We got them sir." Reported a Marine to the officer from earlier, "Good, that's three less rebel sympathisers." Said the officer, he then stretched his arms and proceeded to slouch behind his desk, tonight was another job well done for the Dominion.

That very same night, the Farmer from Earlier couldn't sleep, he had done something he will never forgive himself for, but what choice did he have? He had his own family to care for and the rest of the village's lives depended on the choice he had to make, he knew that either way, he would never be able to sleep well, knowing what he had done....