Titan Rain Universe

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Titan Rain Universe

Post by Kaori »

It is the 41st millenium and mankind is once again at war.
The battlefields of the future are dominated by huge robotic war machines known as Mobile Suits.
Piloting these awesome weapons of war are men and women, the elite of the elite, knowing that each battle could be their last.
They are... MechWarriors.

I decided to use the term mechwarrior for a mobile suit pilot since its easier on the ears than Eishi.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Character: Crea Muad'Dib

A woman from the future who claims to have travelled into the past to bring Houses Marik and Steiner to justice, she at first refuses to help Archer with her problems, stating that her problems is not hers, in the end though, Crea and her forces decided to assist Archer, albeit with great reluctance and annoyance, currently, Crea hopes to train Archer to prepare her for the Clan Wars.

SPOILER
Crea is actually a very cynical and Jaded Archer from the Future, she lost everything in the clan wars, friends, family, and even her home, without anybody to reinforce her conscience, she has become ruthless and pragmatic, making her a far more effective fighter than before, her psychic abilities have also blossomed thanks in part to the lack of a close connection with any living being, she views her past self with loathing and disdain for her apparent "weaknesses"(READ: her compassion and kindness) but chooses to assist her anyway in hopes of preparing her for the Clan wars.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Crea's teaching for the day on the world of Gundam Wing:

"A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking. Too long did the Earth remain unchallenged. It is a stagnant beast that labors for breath; and has for centuries. The Pacifists were the heart that sustained its sickness — now the Pacifists are lost, we shall see how long their world can survive."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well we're living here in Archertown
And she's driven our lives into the ground
When we woke up we were wasted and drunk
Rei got shot, we got beaten by a monk

I was happy and my life was good
Gettin worshipped like a goddess should
Roasting marshmallows on a stick
I got f***ed in the ass by a girl with a di*k

And we're living here in Archertown
But they're taken Teddy's finger now
And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my sh*t
And shoot Archer in the face
And shoot myself
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

List of universes so far:
Koprulu(Original)- first universe, where it all began
Koprulu(rebooted)-basically same as Original with mechs.
Koprulu(Genesis of Next)-same as rebooted, in fact, its set IN Rebooted in the past.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

(Due to events revealing that "Alis Archer" turns out to be a nobody who was altered to look like and have the real Alis Archer's memories, I decided to lay some rules down about this little identity crisis)

Due to one too many kingdom hearts jokes which I have difficulty understanding, Nobody is to be known as Alis Archer, no exceptions, anybody else who calls her Nobody will be put through the Gom Jabbar or pain of death via poison.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The Mercenaries Guild:
Basically, an NGO that monitors all mercenary activity within the Universe, from Adventurers from Feudal worlds to Mobile Suit Pilots from Hive worlds, they take in anybody who has the necessary experience to tackle jobs for a price, They are rather decentralized and tend to operate in cells, its usually odd to see one cell working with another as most cells have numerous mercenaries under them.

Junk Guild:
The Junk Guild is an NGO devoted to the upkeep, maintenance, and salvage of the technology forming the infrastructure of The Universe the Junk Guild has non-aggression treaties with both major factions, any person or vessel that bears the emblem of the Junk Guild cannot be denied entry to any treaty signatory, as long as they obey the laws within (though they may be restricted as to where they may go, Terra, for example, does not allow Junk Guild members onto their planet itself unless they are granted special permission.) The Junk Guild is rather decentralized, while there is an overseeing body that governs the Guild as a whole, most of the work is done by small teams of technicians who act independently.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Operation Meteor Cells

Post by Kaori »

Ever since the Stargazer initiative was approved, Battlegroup Tenno was contracted to act as the armed forces of the Stargazer initiative, the goal of the Stargazer initiative is to explore and colonize new worlds beyond Koprulu, their first and current destination is referred to as the M-verse, first contact between battlegroup tenno and aliens ended rather badly and as a result, battlegroup tenno led the charge against them, however, after months of fighting, they had discovered a planet near identical to earth-that-was that was inhabited by humans, they sent an advance team to find out more about it, the recon team's findings troubled the Stargazer initiative, the humans are amassing dangerous substances which have rather adverse effects of rending space-time, so as a result, Operation Meteor was greenlit, the mission: Destroy the dangerous substance known as Element G and prepare planet for dialogues, five teams, each having their own squad of Mobile Suits and Motherships were sent into the planet disguised as meteor showers.

Avenger Squad:
B-Strike Gundam with B-Booster support flier
GM Sniper K9
Powered GM Guardian
Bombardier Squad:
Gundam X M-type
Slaughter Dagger with Aile Striker
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita
Crasher squad:
Duel Gundam with assault Shroud
Destiny Gundam
ZAKU Gunner
Damrey squad:
Sengoku Astray
Mega Shiki
Astrea Type-F(Prototype undergoing field evaluations)
Age-1 Normal(Experimental learning MS, undergoing evaluation for use in designing future MS)
ECOAS squad:(not really under Battlegroup Tenno's supervision, this particular squad's job is to use subversive means and sabotage in order to cover the tracks of the other squads operating on the planet)
(List of MS classified)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Titan Rain Universe: War of Assassins

Post by Kaori »

A war of Assassins, its basically a fancy term for controlled warfare between the great houses of the Imperium, they deploy full scale armies to fight each other with, whoever's army is left standing is the victor, least that's how its supposed to work.

*Imperial Senate building, Terra*

Three holograms floated in front of the Imperial Council of High Lords, the current governing leadership with the Emperor having left a while back, on the right was a dark skinned man, he wore a black uniform with blue regalia markings on it, on his left breast was a blue eagle, his eyes looked stern but they hide his benevolence, this man was Duke Achillus Atreides of the Water World of Caladan home of house Atreides, in the middle was a rather portly and probably obese man, wearing extravagant black robes with jewelry and red trimming and highlights, his garish appearance betrayed his scheming thoughts and his eyes were those of a tyrant, this man, was Baron Rakan Harkonnen of Geidi Prime home of House Harkonnen, and the odd creature on the left was unknown to both the duke and the baron, it looked human, but something seemed off about him, he wore a veil on his mouth, had a bald head with machinery at its back and had bloodshot eyes, they stood before the Council of the High Lords of Terra, the head of the council spoke; "We stand here today to speak with you three regarding recent events, specifically, the recent discovery of an alternate universe and the wealth that lies within, however, the claim as to who among you should have custody and responsibility for the new world has been challenged by others." Said the High Lord, the baron scoffed, "House Harkonnen should be the custodian of the new world, after all, we run the largest military industrial complex in the whole Universe, not even MARS industries can compete with us, give us the world my lords and we shall make the Imperium so powerful that not even the damnable republicans can stand against us!",
"I object!", exclaimed the duke, "You people are not fit to be responsible for occupying the new world, you approve and condone abhorrent practices such as slavery, woah to the local people once you trample on their basic human rights, my lords, the Harkonnens are not fit to be in charge of anything, I suggest you put us in charge, we can start by negotiating with the locals for their cooperation and-", "Bah! You would 'reason' with savages? Has the Atreides lost their minds? Ahahahaha!!!", retorted the Baron, "SILENCE!", spoke the third man, his voice sounded inhuman, like a machines, "We of House Ordos would be suited for the job, we already run the most powerful commercial guild withing Imperial space, choose us and we can bring the Imperium Profits beyond your wildest dreams.", spoke the third man, "And who is this 'We'?", asked the duke, the Ordos Hologram expanded to show a most disturbing sight, Four bodies with tubes on their faces, with the tubes connecting to the back of the head of the speaker, "We are the Executrix, the minds of House Ordos!", proclaimed the cyborg, "Enough, all of you have a chance to prove yourselves, but remember the most important rule of the war, use of Atomics on human targets is forbidden, now all of you proceed to the battlefield.", said the High lord, and with thay, the three dissapeared, it was going to be a long war...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Ian's story.

Post by Kaori »

"Let Justice be done though the Heavens fall"

It was a rather gloomy day, sort of, you can't really tell if its even daytime out in deep space for so long, but it was gloomy as usual for young Ian Dresari, heir to the throne of Kentares IV, usurped by his cousin william, and on the run from the Archon of the Sanc system, Relena Peacecraft, it all started when the former Archon of the Sanc system, Marticus Rex, declared somebody from outside his family heir to the Sanc Kingdom, the outsider, a Treize Khushrenada, to lead the sanc kingdom, opinion on Treize was divided, some people approved of him, while others didn't, not all the great houses in the Sanc system wanted him on the throne, and then came the coup, Treize was ousted from power and exiled, unfortunately, it didn't stop there, houses who supported Treize were soon being attacked by houses loyal to the new Archon, Relena Peacecraft, Ian remembers how his own people turned against him and his family, despite Relena's message for peace, he will never forgive her, or the other houses for what they did to his family, he is going to make them pay.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

These are the new main characters of the story ever since Crea went back in time:

Main Lance:

Alissa "Alis" Tachibana Archer(Nobody): the leader of Battlegroup Tenno, a Mercenary outfit made up of ex-SHIELD Personnel, acts and behaves differently than what Crea remembered about herself, pilots the B-Strike Gundam and acts as the Lance's leader.

Monica "Moon Wolf" Wolf: a Navajo Native American and on and off girlfriend to Akito Hyuga, she is a skilled tracker and sharpshooter, despite that, she is assigned as the defence of the Lance and pilots the heavily armed and armored but highly maneuverable Powered GM Guardian.

Shizuru Fujimura: Lance Sniper and pilot of the GM Sniper K9, she is ruthless and pragmatic on the field, and her MS reflects that, it possesses a sentry drone that can act as a support weapons platform and also comes with a support vehicle capable of laying proximity mines, despite her cold exterior, she has warmed up to the lance since their early days, she still doesn't appreciate jokes about her rear though.

Ian Dresari: Exiled Heir to the Throne of Kentares IV, a noble on the run from a tyrant who claims to be doing this for peace, he has witnessed his family massacred by his own people, only he and his faithful retainer have made it out of the system, they were rescued by Archer who was originally supposed to kill him but couldn't bring herself to, he pilots the a highly customized High-Mobility Zaku as his personal machine and wields a rifle made from the cannon of a Baneblade super heavy tank.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Titan Rain Universe: Sentenza

Post by Kaori »

Two figures walked in the darkness of the night, however, one could be identified as a man, he was rather rugged and looked to be a working man, and his companion in a long hooded robe, a woman, they then stopped in front of an inn, the couple entered and the man approached the front desk, manning the front desk was a man in his mid-twenties, the working man asked the man at the desk for a room, and one that's soundproof at that, the man at the desk knew what they were gonna do and muttered something under his breath then produced a key for the man and his companion.

"Hey, hurry up and strip already." Said the man as he sat on the bed in his undergarments, the woman removed the robe to reveal a slender figure, "nice, just how I like my women, hehehe." Said the man as he stared, the woman then came unto him and sat on top of his lap, "Now, you gonna tell me why they call you Angel Eyes miss?" Asked the man as the woman continued to grind herself on him, "its actually a nickname given to me by my mentor." said the woman, "oh? Is it because of those pretty little eyes of yours I assume?" Asked the man with a chuckle, as the two of them continued their little mating ritual, Angel Eyes then began to whisper to him, "Angels bring god's judgement unto people, and god only judges the dead." Before the man can put together what she meant by that, he felt a pair of hands tightening around his neck, for a woman she was quite strong and the man realized that he was losing strength, the man then used up what remaining strength to ask, "why?!", "An old friend says hello, Baker, remember him?" Asked Angel Eyes as she continued to strangle the poor man, the man, desperate for life, said one word that caught Angel Eyes attention, "Double!", with that, Angel Eyes let go of him, "look, I don't want any trouble, I just wanted to have a good time, okay? Listen, I'll pay you double to kill baker, but just leave me alone, I left him and that life long ago, so please, please leave me alone." Said the man near tears, he then grabbed his pants and pulled out a pouch and threw it at her, Angel Eyes sighed, "Mister Steven One thing you must know about me is this; I always finish the job.", an hour later, Angel Eyes left the Inn with a pouch full of money and a grin on her face.

In the dark Cabin, a man slept on a bed, until the lam next to him ws opened, the man woke to look who it was, it was Angel Eyes, "Steven is dead Baker." Reported Angel Eyes, the man on the bed, who looked rather sickly at that, smiled and began fidgeting around with the drawer the lamp was on, "Oh yes, very good girlie, very good, here's your money, hehehe." Said the man as he handed her a considerable amount, "now, tell me, what name is O Harra using now?" Asked Baker, "Hold up first, I'd like you to know that Steven paid me double to kill you mister Baker.", Baker broke into a mild cold sweat, "did he now? So what then?" He asked as he tried to reach for a gun under his pillow, "Mister Baker, One thing you must know about me is this; I always finish the job.", Angel Eyes then grabbed the gun from under his pillow and proceeded to smother him with his own pillow, "NO! ANGEL EYES!" Screamed Baker in terror as he couldn't breath, Angel Eyes then fired the shots through the pillow into his face, killing him, the information Baker so wanted was worth far more than what she was being paid, and if she plays her card right, she will be far richer than she could imagine.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Titan Rain Universe: Deathwatch

Post by Kaori »

*Inside the briefing room of an imperial Strike Cruiser heading for unknown space*
Four Mechwarriors sat in the room with mixed expressions as they waited for orders, a man in uniform entered the room, from the uniform, one could tell he was an Imperial Officer of the Guard, "Greetings Mercenaries, as you know, now is a dark time for your guild ever since it was attacked, many of your brothers and sisters were lost, and many more left the guild, however, I decided to hire you anyway to prove that the Guild can still do its job, and maybe help you find vengeance against who did this to you and your fellow mercenaries.", the Mechwarriors looked on, "However, for this assignment, your Lance will be known as Deathwatch.".

It happened some weeks ago, the Mercenaries Guild was attacked by an unknown assailants, they all used Geara Zulu's with Imperial markings and had a Musai-class supporting them, the incident left hundreds of the best mercenaries dead and hundreds more leaving the organization, the Imperials however denied they approved of the attack and as a gesture of good faith, allowed the Mercenaries Guild to conduct their own investigation alongside their own, 4 Mechwarriors volunteered to join in the investigation and now begins story of Deathwatch....

Deathwatch Lance pilots:

Name: Victor Creed
Affiliation: Black Knight Legion
MS: Zaku F2000, a highly customized variant of the Zaku F2
Specialties: Melee and ranged combat, notable use of large melee weapons
Notes: A Veteran of the OYW and the oldest member of the recently assembled Deathwatch, he's actually quite amicable once you get to know him, aside from his constant smoking and love of dirty jokes, he's actually pretty dependable, he joined and was accepted since he was one of the few willing to investigate the matter.

Name: Alexa Kerensky
Affiliation: Wolf's Dragoons
MS: EZ-SR Maxima
Specialties: fulfills support, ranged, and melee roles thanks to her unique MS.
Notes: The leader of the Wolf's Dragoons and a consumate professional unless you harm her or her group outside of battle, she insisted on taking part of the investigation due to the loss of one of her men, she wants the perpatrators brought to justice and will see to it herself.

(post the rest later)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

New Lance Members to Tekkadan Lance:
Name: "Admiral" Jonny
MS: Guntank Early type
Specialties: Long range bombardment, pilot skilled enough to target enemies with minimal electronic assistance.
Notes: a former SICON Marine who got attached to Tekkadan Lance since the Lance needed artillery support from time to time, especially when dealing with multiple enemies, rendering their sniper Shizuru useless.

Name: Lou Roux
MS: Justice Gundam
Specialties: high maneuverability close combat
Notes: this young coordinator girl used to work at the Mercernaries Guild with her father until the attack on the guild killed him, she tried to join other mercenaries asigned to the case to get revenge but many have turned her down, with the exception of Battlegroup Tenno, she acquires her MS from the Guild, who originally deployed said unit as an enforcer against those who go against Guild rules.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Nom de guerre: an assumed name under which a person engages in combat.

Some of my characters tend to have these to protect their identities off the battlefield, or simply to use for reputation purposes, and some are jokes, here are some examples:

Alis Archer: Azure Surge and The Bluebird
Ian Dresari: The Crimson Comet and The Iron Blooded Orphan
Lou Roux: Loose cannon Loli(by Ian) and Lady Justice
Team Trinity: the Terrible Trio, the deadly Drei, psycho's for hire(by some other mercenaries)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"It's been a long journey Ian.", "Yes miss Archer, it has.", "So I guess this is goodbye then?", "For now, I have a Company of Imperial Knights to run after all.", with that, the student and teacher gave each other meaningful looks, Alis then said good luck and left with Shizuru and Moon, Ian then went to the stage to adress the awaiting Blood Ravens and his Partner Lou Roux, all of the Blood Ravens wore crimson combat armor over their Bodyglove suits, amd each armor proudly showed the Heraldry of their chapter, the Blood Ravens, the odd exception among them were Lou who sat at the front wearing her Pilot Suit, her petite appearance contrasting to the tall and athletic builds of the Imperial knights present, Ian then cleared his throat and spoke, "Fellow Blood Ravens, today, we come together to celebrate our victory over the usurper, and to remember our fallen comrades, I know it wasn't easy getting here, we have lost friends, family, and even homes when we chose to fight back against the Tyrant Peacecraft, and some of us didn't get much or anything at all in return for our efforts, however, today, marks a new page for our chapter, today, we leave Kentares, our home, and Sub-sector Aurellia, to go, where no man has gone before, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new worlds to settle on, my fellow Brothers and Sisters, today, we make history for the Imperium, the Blood Ravens shall reach for the stars and sow the seeds upon which great civilizations will thrive, Per Aspera Ad Astra fellow knights, and Ave to you all, my brothers and sisters.", "Ave.", replied the Knights, everybody got up and clapped as Ian stepped down the stage and proceeded to a waiting Lou, "So where to now?" Asked the young girl, "A nice little planet in the newly discovered Segmentum Obscuris Lou, its apparently a peaceful place, good for settling, I heard Colonists are already signing up for housing there.".
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Looking back, the Reavers of my fic were pretty much space savages with the ability to pilot and operate machinery and did a lot of screaming, since then, they gained the ability to speak, but in crude british english, have become more organized enough to the point where they have fully functioning armies, Organized Religion, infrastructure albeit crude, the ability to make their own tools and weapons, and also somehow develop their own FTL drives, all while dressed in crude metal armor, swinging around crude junk axes, firing crudely built guns that puts more emphasis on "Dakka" and still acting like savages, yes, that includes the violence, raping and cannibalism.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

When In mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout,
-Popular saying among Imperial Commissar Cadets

Despite what history says and what some media tell you, its possible for Commissars to actually inspire troops rather than shoot them for "motivational" purposes, in fact, a lot of commissars in my fic are savvy enough to see the patterns, unpopular commissars have a tendency to die from so called "accidents", ranging from friendly fire, to a misplaced grenade in their tent, I'm also going on the record here to point out that Commissars are not real military, they are civillians who make sure the military is doing their job for the nation, and as a result, many in my fic tend to come from all walks of life and try their best to treat their new position as they would a mundane job, with varying amounts of success, former terror profs tend to die a lot whereas former kindergarten teachers are treated very well.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I've been trying my dardnest to make the Imperial Guard of my fic seem more heroic and human without any of that fancy-schamncy future warfare stuff, so I decided to look to the past instead, and I guess making up a theme song of sorts would help, And I remembered the song "Over the hills and far away" and went to work making a better version of it as my last one sounded stupid, and here's what I got:

Here's forty rations on the drum
For those who'll volunteer to come,
To 'list and fight the foe today,
Over the skies and far away.

[Refrain:]
Over the skies and o'er the main,
Through hive and fortress, forge and plain,
The Throne commands and we'll obey,

When duty calls me I must go
To stand and face another foe.
But part of me will always stray

(Refrain)

Through fire and bolt and shot and shell
And to the very gates of hell
There we shall stand and we shall stay

(Refrain)

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play

(Refrain)

Let lords and tyrants come and go
I’ll stand adjudged by what I know,
A soldier’s life I’ll ne’er gainsay,

(Refrain)

Then fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like a sun,
Along the road to come-what-may,

(Refrain)

If you wanna know how its sung, I reccomend looking up the assassin's creed version of over the hills and far away.

The Imperial Guard are a defensive army ever since the Imperium has taken non-aggressive expansion stance, however, whenever diplomacy fails, the men and women of the Astra Militarum are there to lend their guns and blades to give battle in the Emperor's name.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Most sci-fi settings tend to have artificial intelligence used for warfare, well I took a different approach to that, AI in my fic are given the right to refuse serving in the military and the right to live a normal life, although normal for most AI is to work on ships, places of learning, and pursuit of sciences, most AI are capable of expressing most emotions, as for warfare, they mostly limit themselves to advisory and intelligence roles, never a hand in direct combat, however, odd cases do happen, certain AI might ask to operate a remote control drone directly, drones can range from anything, from entire battleships to a simple turret, drone technology though is still at its infancy, it would be too much trouble to get a sentient AI to operate such dangerous weapons unwillingly for certain people, so deadminds were made, deadminds are essentially very basic autonomous operating systems designed to control the drones, a deadmind like the name implies is very simple-minded, their systems are not even that advanced, their only role is to operate cheap and expendable machines in combat, similar to battle droids in star wars, unlike a human or AI operator, they just tend to swarm and attack their targets with whatever weapons they are equipped with, they cannot pick up other weapons, they cannot improvise, and they certainly cannot aim well either, they do however have no concept of fear and will not try to seek cover and will simply march towards the target while shooting, not stopping until the target is destroyed.