.hack//MANIFEST Chapter I: The Stone of Destiny

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

kaqs

Re: .hack//MANIFEST Chapter I: The Stone of Destiny

Post by kaqs »

Dain was shocked by Black Beard's response to the Dj. This pirate is crazy and not in the good way. Ok i need to think. How to excuse myself from this bad situation. Dain started to look for someone calm to blend in with and noticed an interesting man in a dark cloak just on the edge of the party . Thats it he looks calm enough. He finished his tea packed it away and slowly backed away from the pirate and his companion. "I'm sorry I really must be going thank you for the information I am sure to not forget you goodbye."
under his breath one phrase can be heard "That went south so fast." When in the crowd he regains his composure he heads for the cloaked figure. "Excuse me sir my name is Dain the Viridian Slash do you know anything about the town that here here before this one?"
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Hecate didn't speak, simply waiting for the DJ to say more. She had a particular way of supporting that seemed strange to others. When she didn't say anything was better than when she did. She brought one hand up to her robes, her eyes on the DJ. Perhaps finding Lia Fail would be a good thing. At the same time, the risk would be far more dangerous. She had to make a proper decision.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

The Hero of Zeit!

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Akira had stepped away from his console not bothering to change to his M2D, but still keeping the visor on his head to hear if anyone was speaking to him. His ears picked up someone speaking to him very directly. Akira ran to his room and quickly grabbed the control. The young man cloaked laughed suddenly with vigor. “Hello Dain! I am the Hero of Zeit, Tetsuo 41!” Tetsuo 41 pounded his chest and smiled. “The town that was the original Lia Fail was a great town that crashed during the incident years ago, you may recall it as Pluto Again. The damage was so catastrophic that now we're here in the Net Slum. CC Corp sponsors it, and honestly, it's pretty good, I'm under the impression it's just a mirror server that the legendary hacker Helba created.” Tetsuo 41 paused for a moment to recollect his thoughts, “Although the fact that your here means you're powerful, and because you are asking around, you must be searching for the truth, the last bastion of mystery left in the world.” Testuo 41 looked toward the sky and nodded affirming his belief, “I too am a seeker. And I intend to visit the real Lia Fail one last time.”
kaqs

Post by kaqs »

"Nice to meet your acquaintance Tetsuo 41. To tell you the truth i have only been playing for about a month. Today was the first time I had even heard of Lia Fail. From mouth of a pirate of all things. I didn't know there were pirate are there ships as well? But I digress would you like to form a party since we are both seekers of truth? seems like the DJ knows something. we might want to start there."Dain says as he gestures in the Noisemaker direction. The Hero of Zeit going to have look that up on the forums later tonight it sounds important. sends a party request and puts his hand out to shake.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

The Noisemaker took about two steps backward, then spun on his heels and cast his vision to the ground. After a brief moment of appearing downcast, he threw his shoulders up and began laughing almost maniacally. Somewhere between this madness and clarity, he rung out a flash mail to BlackBeard's player.

Code: Select all

Now Yuuki-chan, that any way to treat me? I'm so so so offended! Keh, that'll cost you later, you know that ri~~ght?  Na na just foolin', but still... you're a total dork.
After messing around with his ax for a while, he spun around again, headphones dangling around his neck, the weird anachronism between his headphones and red-accented, silver plated armor. With a grand exhalation, he shouted out again. "Heh heh heh HA HA HA!!! NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!" He lowered his voice down again, making sure only BlackBeard and his "crew" could hear him. "Now as far as I know, looks like this whole thing is shrouded in some kinda super secret-squirrel type crap. Like so far under that hat it popped out the top kinda stupid secrecy." He flicked the tip of his nose with his thumb in a show of self-confidence. "But I know betta then that, they can't hide nothin' from me. Omega Server's been a hive for rumor and playgroundin' for strange fools and glory seekers ever since Pluto Again see? This time, looks like one o' their weird bug monsters got loose somewhere in the area, really wrecked some s***."

His voice seemed to lower significantly at this point, indicating the graveness of the situation. His usual boisterous demeanor replaced by a candor that could only be called a freakish shift in tone. "Listen, if you wanna find this thing, be my guest, but don't say I didn't warn ya. The keywords were Ω Ubiquitous Fallen Fort Walls. Not sure how much this has to do with the Lia Fail rumor, but it's one of the best leads we got. Hasn't been a bug in over a year, now it comes waltzin' around here in Omega Server right when this conjecture about the old server comin' back is runnin' rampant. Don't like that one bit, and I think it'z got EVERYTHING to do with it."
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Black Beard watched Dain walk off. Guess I scared him off. S'pose that's a good sign. I am Black Beard, the pirate that all pirates fear after all. Mwahahahaha! Hecate didn't say anything, but she also didn't leave, usually a good sign. Black Beard quickly sent a reply to Souzoushii.

Pirate, thank you very much.
=P And you like me anyways Tango-kun, so that makes you an even bigger dork!
"Ω Ubiquitous Fallen Fort Walls. Very good lad, here be some reales for ya." Black Beard opened up the trade menu and offered the DJ a nominal amount of money. "There'll be even more reales for ya if this info pans out and we can get some proper plunder out of it. O'course, if ye want to earn yer fortune ye should come aboard the good ship revenge and get yerself a full share." Black Beard turned to Hecate, "Quartermaster, any supplies ye think we be needing a'fore we head out to sea?" Yuuki didn't really put a lot of stock in the rumors, she hadn't been playing during the event three years ago since school had made her far too busy to really get on at the time. So she was curious if there really was any truth to the stories and kind of wanted to see one of these glitched monsters herself, if there really were glitched monsters.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Hecate spoke only a few words, an honor for most people that weren't learning a spell. "All corners must be covered." She herself was planning a visit to the place that held the most useful magic in a sense. If she didn't, she wouldn't be properly prepared for anything in that journey. She brought one hand up, sending a message through to Yuuki.

The trading and purchasing will take an hour.
twilight_keeper

Remarking back to the blustering pirate, Souzoushii rose up as if to give another rousing speech to the audience, then turned his head down in their direction again. "I can't just up an' leave all these people hangin' like this. Ya'know what? You guys go on ahead an' I'll catch up witcha later, how'z that sound?"

The statement wasn't meant to be mocking of any sort, but it may as well seemed that way, given the DJ's tone of voice. He then returned to the rest of the players gathered around the main square of Net Slum and kept up his usual visage of showboating about. "OKAY WE GONNA WIND THIS UP SOON, SO LET'S GIVE IT OUT TO THE NET SLUM IN FINAL FASHION! LET IT ROAR PEOPLE!"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Very good, Ms. Hecate. We shall set sail in one hour, be at the dock by that time."

Black Beard very rarely let things get to him and so he nodded approval at the DJ, "Aye, that will do Mr. Souzoushii."

Black Beard stocked up on all of the standard healing and buff items, cut a rug for a little while, and waited by the chaos gate. Going AFK for a little while for Yuuki to stock up on her own consumables, y'know snackage and drinks, plus she started piping sea shanties into her headset, setting the game's music to 0 in the audio settings, she also sang along softly while she waited for Hecate to arrive.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

The Hero of Zeit!

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

“Only the first day huh?” Tetsuo 41 nodded his affirmation, pausing as his mind played back the word pirate. Tetsuo assumed her meant an online pirater and simply dismissed the lunacy of a pirate like the one's he'd seen on TV and imitated in his youth. Tetsuo 41 sent the party invite to Dain and smiled, “Yeah, let's take the Noisemaker's lead and seek out the truth behind one of the world's greatest mysteries.”

The Hero of Zeit along with his newly added friend made pace to the Chaos Gate, now hoping to find some possible way to find Lia Fail, hoping this wasn't just CC Corp. moving Lia Fail to some random Area. “Hey Dain, do you have all your items and such ready, this is the Omega server. We may encounter come tough enemies.”
kaqs

Post by kaqs »

Dian checks his inventory "lets see i have 4 Recovery Drinks, 3 Healing Elixir, 2 Resurrects, 4 Healing Elixirs, 5 Sports Drink and 4 Cooked Bile. do you think that should be enough for this quest or should we get more? I think this is plenty of gear and i also heve good amount of tea as well. " Dian Says confidently as he heads towards the chaos gate.Ginseng is a great flavor to go with a great mystery. "What flavor of tea do you enjoy after a big battle Tessuo 41?"

This will be interesting wonder what will be at our destination?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Hecate approached where the pirate stood, remaining stationary as she brought one to her robes. She had traded and bargained for many types of spells she used often. Of course, it takes awhile for one to barter for spell combinations that worked well. She remained where she was, simply waiting for the captian to begin speaking again.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"And we're bound for the Rio Grande!" Yuuki sang as she returned her attention to The World. "Ah, quartermaster, I trust your supply run was successful so we can now set sail for Lia Fail." Black Beard raised his sword triumphantly, leveling it at the chaos gate. "Our heading is, Ω Ubiquitous Fallen Fort Walls!" And with that declaration, the gate activated whisking the pair away.
Last edited by GamerKale on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight_keeper

After the pair left for the keywords he spoke of to them, and the party seemed to be winding down, Souzoushii sat behind the booth, pondering to himself. Hmmm, I wonder how much of that rumor is actually true. Yeah, I know them glitched out monsters have been runnin' wild for the last few days or so, but still... His thoughts wandered off to a place beyond the present. There was that time I ran into one when I was jus' startin', scared the living s*** outta me, thought I was gonna die.

I was several years ago when Souzoushii first started, around the time of the Pluto Again incident. Finding himself in an damaged area, he thought it was some kind of crazy event the company was running; something rather meta in terms of the game world, but nevertheless, he thought the idea was cool. He enjoyed that kind of digital glitch aesthetic, using it himself during special events at the Dancing Mad: the club he DJs for in Roppongi. Little was he aware, he had stepped into something he should have never laid eyes on, let alone had to deal with. The monster was in the dungeon, beyond a purple mist. After the magic portal opened, and the monster came bursting forth, strange green markings all over its body, he knew something was amiss. The aesthetic was similar to the area around him, but something seemed off. The monster was invulnerable, no amount of hits could damage it, even with his strongest attacks. Being a think and act simultaneously type of person, he first thought the monster was just above his level significantly, so he couldn't damage it; but the readout from a small mod he installed to help manage things starting out helped him determine this was not the case. Luckily, he found a way out of the room, escaping the area as soon as he could, absolutely terrified of what he had just encountered.

Souzoushii stood up, peering towards the chaos gate. Taking a few steps forward, he then suddenly stopped, as though frozen in his tracks. I can't let that one event rule my experience for all time with this damn game! I'm gonna find this monster and conquer the crap outta it. Those two should really help out with that... He then continued walking, inputting the keywords Ω Ubiquitous Fallen Fort Walls; a level 95 area. He smiled with that unnatural slasher smile, and teleported to the area, this time HOPING that the data bugged monster would indeed be there, and that all of these rumors about the craziness of 3 years ago returning would hold out to be true.

The field seemed to be a normal, pleasant snow-type field on night setting. There didn't seem to be a trace of glitching or damage to the area, but still; something seemed extremely off. Using a fairy orb would reveal there are absolutely no magic portals on the field, nor much of anything for that matter, with the exception of the dungeon near the center of the field...
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

(Ooc: is there still room for me to hop in on this one? :) whoo! .hack rp! Brings back some memories of a time called SALVATION.)
twilight_keeper

(I think I remember that one, and yeah Azalan, there's still room )
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

(It was one of the best rps on here. :) it was also run by me kale and dark blade in its last days. Ok! Ill get a sheet written up soon! Im rusty on my .hack though. So i might need your help on making a character. Can we do AI characters?)
twilight_keeper

(E-mail me about that)
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Or we could skype call sometime lol. Is tonight good for you?)
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

A dungeon with no monsters. Had Hecate been talkative, she might have said it looked rather spooky. Of course, she didn't think that at all. Spooky was meant for something that could only remotely scare people. With data and "The World," it was more unnerving than spooky. She looked towards the pirate for a moment, picking up a scroll should she need to attack any monsters on the way.