.hack//MANIFEST Chapter I: The Stone of Destiny

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

GamerKale

Re: .hack//MANIFEST Chapter I: The Stone of Destiny

Post by GamerKale »

"X marks the spot." After Hecate's mere presence, being as she was a wavemaster, had revealed it Black Beard studied the map for a minute. "Another vessel perhaps..." He stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Only one thing for it." He shrugged and drew his blade declaring loudly, "Full Canvas!" And charged full tilt towards the dungeon. Ap Do was a wonderful spell and gear that had it on constantly, like the pirate's boots, doubly so, even if Hecate could have cast it about as quickly.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

The Hero of Zeit!

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

“So long as you have faith in your abilities whatever you carry with you on routine missions will be more than enough.” Tetsuo 41 said, entering the keywords into the Chaos Gate. “Omega... Ubiquitous Fallen... Fort Walls. Got it.” Tetuo turned and faced Dain, “I've never had tea. I'm more of a coffee person myself.” Akira smiled a smile of genuineness, hoping the face-mount display would catch his lips curling and his eyes softening. “And I prefer a bland charcoal taste after battle. One that reminds me that every battle isn't the last and that there is a better brand.”

They were gone in an instant and transported to a snowy world, high-leveled at that. Tetsuo 41 activated a Fairy's Orb and examined the area. “Looks like there's only one thing to examine. Let's make haste to the dungeon. Do you have a Grunty?”
kaqs

Post by kaqs »

"No I don't have a Grunty. I Haven't needed one before." Dian replied he speed dashes to the dungeon with a viridian trail behind him. As they entered the dungeon Dian turned to face Tetsuo. "We're not alone there was at least one set of footprints coming in here before us and no footprints leaving. Be on guard" Dian started to look around for anything that could jump out in a dungeon. "I see you like coffee I'm sorry I don't have any on me. Next time we work together I will pick some up."
Its quiet to quiet.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

The Hero of Zeit!

'He's fast, that's good. We want to be the first to discover the truth.' “No I don't suppose we are, but that's to be expected, just be wary of PKers, since I don't see a single monster in this dungeon.” Tetsuo 41 laughed and shook his head as the two scoured the dungeon. “Don't sweat the coffee, I have my own burned bean blend.” Tetsuo 41 laughed and brandished his weapon to run through the dungeon, his katana dragging low, the game's way of justifying the Class, “Heavy Blade.” As they ran through the dungeon, Tetsuo 41 proved his own speed rushing through the dungeon as fast as he could, being the Hero of Zeit after all he had a reputation to uphold.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Hecate followed without a problem, a slight wind spell pushing her in the direction at about the same speed. She would save more useful scrolls for when it was necessary. As they moved through the field, she kept an eye on all areas to be sure that no creatures could come and attack from other areas. Though it was strange, she knew it would be only worse if she started to worry at this moment.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

The dungeon itself seemed more alive than should be, despite it's interior being the standard "inside the monster's belly" type that is frequently found in fields like this. However, one strikingly different feature was the glitched graphical indentations found throughout the ceiling, and just the ceiling. Looking up would be something beneficial, as Souzoushii found his way inside the dungeon.

"Friggin' creepy when there ain't no portals to be found." He said aloud, despite the lack of company. "Guess I better find a way to catch up to the rest of them. Should be easy." Utilizing a Fairy's Orb, and taking note of the lack of portals inside the dungeon as well; he made his way down further into the eerie depths.

Somewhere near the Gott statue, the distinct purple colored mist rose from near the entrance to the next room, just east of the goal point. Beyond it lay...
kaqs

Post by kaqs »

"Nothing yet. You would think there would be at least a sign that monsters were once here, but no portals, no signs of battle, no nothing. How can you solve a mystery with no clues. Tetsuo have you found anything good yet?" Dain said during their search while leaving no stone unturned. its a good thing i'm not on my own these monster belly dungeons creep me out.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

((So, the order in which we entered the area, as I presently envision it, is...
1st: Tetsuo & Dian
2nd: The good ship revenge.
3rd: Souzoushi

Because Tet & D just grabbed some stuff and went. Sou had to finish up his party. And BB and Hecate waited a full hour before going in themselves, presumably the party was winding down by that point. Do others have a different view?))
twilight_keeper

((That should be correct, since behind the next door in the dungeon should be a data bug or something of that ilk, Tetsuo 41 and Dian are going to the be the first to run into it))
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

(...sorry, but I'm getting a bit too confused. What in the world is going on with the order of events? I haven't been able to post much because the posting itself is confusing me...)
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

((I was attempting to subtly prompt Haseo & Kaqs or TK to describe what awaits us in the boss room.

As for what is actually happening. Haseo and Kaqs are effectively leading the way through the dungeon and having a little biit of a rapport with one another. Black Beard and Hecate are on their trail, presumably with BB continuing to sing sea shanties unless Hecate asks him to stop. And last but not least is Souzoushi, all by his onesy, racing to catch up.

Does that help at all?))
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

The Hero of Zeit!

The pair checked ever room for treasure or enemies, or whatever they could find. “Yeah this is weird, but every mystery has a clue, the harder it is to find a clue the more worthy the mystery is.” Tetsuo 41 laughed and pounded his chest. Unfortunately he missed the purple mist before the final room of the dungeon, heading right for it. “Hey Dain, nothing particularly good over here!” He ran into the final room, “At least one treasure is going to be guaranteed!” Tetsuo 41 smiled before he noticed the room change entirely. He stood on a wasteland, purple texture in the background. “Dain, w-what the hell is this?” Tetsuo 41 lost all will to move, Akira felt it too, his body seize up, this was different, way different. 'This... is this what Balmung went through? This is impossible, this feels real... Am I really still sitting at my computer?'
kaqs

Post by kaqs »

Dain also happened to miss the purple mist, as the room shifted into a wasteland he could feel shockwaves coming from the ground. Outside the game Glass could also feel the shockwaves. "I d-don't know Tetsou, are you supposed to feel whats going on outside the game to? " Everything started to lock up both player and character as the floor started to shake, they knew something was coming.
This isn't right. is this really just a game?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Hecate noted the mist as they appeared, one hand moving her staff to stop her companion. She didn't speak, allowing her staff to point to the strange mist. If it was indeed a place that would lead to trouble, they still had time to go back. Of course, it was always possible that it was simply a ruse to push players away. Still, this was The World. Many mysteries still existed in it.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Blackbeard stopped at Hecate's warning. In truth, he hadn't paid the mist any mind, too busy running to consider what it might mean. "A fierce battle lies before us, I'd wager. Perhaps we should make some preparations before we storm this dreadful cove. Batten down the hatches! Load all of the cannons! Make certain all hands are tied fast to the mast! And keep yer eyes peeled!" In other words, Blackbeard thought they might be heading into a raid boss area so they should get their buffs up, hit whatever it is with a variety of attacks to find it's strengths and weaknesses, and generally just try to stay alive as long as possible and see what the fight is going to be like for a return trip with an actual raid group. Blackbeard tended to try and take at least one hit of every type it showed off to see just how much damage it could deal out so they could plan appropriately. He used one of every type of buff item he had, it didn't really help his defenses, Blademasters naturally maxed those out after all, but if an attack imposed a debuff the buff should get dropped first. He considered switching from the cutlass, which was relatively low level and all of it's skills were water based, but he was confident that Hecate would be able to ferret out it's vulnerabilities. She didn't talk much, but Yuuki knew she was very smart and would handle that as long as Blackbeard focused on keeping the aggro on himself. Yuuki took a deep breath, and turned off her shanties, turning the music back up, still low, but back up. It wouldn't be that surprising if the only warning for an attack was audio in nature or somehow tied to the music. Blackbeard turned to his companion, "You ready? You look ready. Shall we then? Captains first." He saluted her with his cutlass, giving her one last chance to stop him, before he stepped into the unknown.
twilight_keeper

Sozoushii stormed into the dungeon, noticing the lack of activity in general in the field, and whilst passing through the dungeon floors, the entirety of the dungeon as well.

Well isn't this just peachy. Thought somethin' mighta been act'lly true about this crappy rumor. Crap crap crap! I can only hope that this glitchy lack of crap in the area is all there is to it. Speaking of not here, where are those jokers I sent careening to their doom? They must already be at the bottom floor. Gotta be, since there aint nothin' in this damn thing.

Bolting down the dungeon, floor after floor, the loud heavy axeman reached the bottom floor. In the distance he could hear something akin to voices so he headed in that direction. Quickly throwing a fairy's orb into the air, he made note of one particular discrepancy: Where the dungeon just seemed to end at a particular point, a door somehow leading to nothing. Fear in his mind he made haste in that direction, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"I hope none of ya have entered that door out there! Wait up!"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Blackbeard was midstride when The Noisemaker drew his attention with his shouting. The pirate remained, foot hanging in the air, but turned his head to look at Souzoushi. "Ahoy there me hearty! At last, the winds have brought you to join us!" He did a quick about face and shot the DJ a party invite, greeting him boisterously. Well, as boisterously as a pirate with a girl's voice could at least. "Now then stow your cargo and load yer cannons so that we may be on our way with all haste! These seas be uncharted. T'would be a shame if another crew were to make landfall a'fore us!"