Record of Armor - Prolouge: Dead War

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

twilight_keeper

Record of Armor - Prolouge: Dead War

Post by twilight_keeper »

Records tell of a team of great heroes that fought for the unification of Earth against a force of fiercely nationalistic nations in a hope to keep their independence and traditions, regardless of the need to change with the times. Adaption towards a space-faring peoples was the hot button at the time, and the greater powers of the world banded together to form a new United Nations Coalition, or UNC for short. The nations that refused this ideology held fast to their borders, fearing that the UNC would conquer their lands and assimilate their people. Countless attempts were made to dissuade these countries of this notion, to no avail. War was on the horizon, and not a soul could reach a spot of hope for peace in which to stop it. Once the conflict began, sentiments towards the capability of human cooperation waned, as technology lurched forward to meet the demands of the global altercations. Great machines of battle were forged, capable of annihilating forces in the blink of an eye. War Fighter Units, or WF-U were designed with the sole purpose of eliminating armed conflict among soldiers, who at best were equipped with Powered Armors or Quad-Tanks, were no match for the humanoid machines. This conflict seemed to be drawing to a close, with the UNC's victory assured.

Until deterrence failed.

Eight months into the war, the first nuclear equipped machine was deployed by the nationalist forces, now dubbed the CND (Collective Nationalist Directive) with schematics stolen from the UNC's development laboratories in Eastern Europe. Devastation was to follow shortly afterward, as the CND nuclear equipped machines known as "Severance" fired on the Western Seaboard of the United States of America. To prevent mass-annihilation from the wanton use of WMDs, the UNC set into a action a specialized team of death-seekers called the Heaven's Strike team, in order to execute quick-in combat maneuvers to disable the Severance program, which later led to the team paving the way for complete UNC victory, despite the evening of the technological branch on both sides of the conflict.

This is not that story.

This is the tale of the soldiers who knew nothing of the boardroom deals, the technological warfare, nor the political plays transpiring above the surface. Deep in the reaches of the battlefield, WF-U and mechanized infantry executed their missions without higher knowledge, sometimes on their own volition, as communications would fail deep within enemy lines. Whether on Earth in the demilitarized zones, or the skyways and spacelines above the planet's surface, or even beneath the waves of the vast oceans of conflict; these men and women fought for what they believed to be the correct way to continue into the future. This is their story.

((This is the idea I've got going for the next RP I'm going to be running, character apps will open soon, but feel free to discuss whether or not you like the idea and what you would like to do for it!))
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Record of Armor - Prolouge: Dead War

Post by Kaori »

Huh, I'm impressed you want to go through with a story like this, I always assumed everybody in here abhorred a good war drama.
twilight_keeper

Well who knows who would be interested, but the "Record of Armor" series is something I've been writing/running for a few years now, and I had posted a small bit of one of its stories on here before. I just want to see if there would actually be enough interest to get it moving.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well color me interested, but you might wanna take a look around here, if you haven't noticed, they don't seem to have the necessary train of thought for an RP of this caliber, its always swords and sorcery for these guys, anyway, I'll consider helping out(assuming you want my help).
twilight_keeper

Sword and sorcery is fine and all, but being a huge fan of the mecha genre, I'm always wanting to have a good war drama. Besides, .hack isn't all sword and sorcery either xD but I'd be happy to accept your help Kaori.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Same here, although my love for Mecha was lost since I watched Valvrave, I'm more of a power armor person now, but I'll still accept mecha.
twilight_keeper

Valvrave had no idea what it was doing past its halfway point, but that's a discussion for a different forum.