PER is SON dead A

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Re: PER is SON dead A

Post by KiteXX »

"It's a promise then." Keith looked at the two and nodded. Did I just imagine those words?

It was almost nine when Kei left his room, he'd taken tthe knife like object with him, even if he wasn't sure of its purpose. He figured it may as well help him as it would hurt him. He took off in a rush when he realized he was running out of time but he managed to make it to the front of the station on time. Alain was already there, and Kei gave a wave before he approached him, "have you seen Suzumori?"
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Delicious Pork with Savory Sweet Onion and Spicy Curry!

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Alain entered his home and threw his bookbag on the floor near his shoes. He went up to his room to collect his subways tokens, taking an entire roll with him. “Hmmm...” The fading sunlight shined on the knife-like object on his bed and made a gleam on the wall. “What the heck is this?” He shrugged and slid it in his pocket keeping his school uniform on for their expedition. He kept his sleeves rolled up and rested his eyes until roughly an hour before he planned to leave, he double checked for subway fare and food money of course, this was going to be his dinner easily.

When he left it was nearly half an hour early, and he rushed to the food vendor, expecting no one to be there quite as early as he. Money in hand he rushed to the food cart and ordered three pork buns with sweet onion and curry inside. “If the guys don't like 'em it's more the merrier right?” He laughed and waited by the subway's entrance pork bun in hand. It wasn't long before Kei showed up, which surprised Alain, as he expected Suzumori to arrive first, being student council rep.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

I am though. Thou art I. Kei winced at the sudden pain. Thou hast established a new bond. It brings thee closer to the truth. There was a flash, and suddenly he was standing in a golden palace, staring down a monstrous being. Kei Hyuka. I have summoned thee. He winced again. "Yeah? Why?" I am thou. Thou art I. When thou needest me most, lift thine hand and call Me forth. But first. A pact. Kei laughed, "a pact? With you?" You seek that which you cannot find without my help. the being placed his hand out, as if giving him a handshake, I offer you power. Power to stand against the flow, and ascertain the truth. Kei wasn't sure what came over him. Perhaps it was igor' s words, perhaps It was his own drive. But he clasped hands with the beast, pulled the knife like object free from his pocket, stuck it between their hands, twisted it, then pulled it free, drawing blood.

He practically stumbled into Alain as his mind became his own once more. His consciousness was back in his own body. There was a flash of light, and then his right palm began to burn until the symbol of a blowing wind, etched into the palm of his pact making hand. He searched each pocket, however was unable to find the knife he had taken. Great. Now he was weaponless. "I don't see Suzumori, and it's already nine...want to just...take a peek?"
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Before the two boys could do anything supremely foolish, they could hear the metallic sounds of something in the distance approaching them. [*]clink[*] [*]clink[*] [*]clink[*] As the noise drew in closer the figure the sound was emanating from came into view. Suzumori was wheeling towards them, his expression more or less unchanged, but with a clearly shadowed undertone. Carrying what looked to be a stun baton, which was seemingly chained to his pants. He drew in close enough to be clearly seen, still wearing his school uniform, sans the jacket.

"I apologize for my tardiness, I was held up at school until just recently. I arrived as soon as I could." He could clearly see that the two of them were originally intending on heading off without him. "I trust that you were not about to go on this journey without me now?" he chided.
Last edited by twilight_keeper on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

To the Rails We Go!

Alain caught Kei or tried to, he had a Pork Bun in each hand and let one balance off his lower jaw and his nose in an incredible acrobatic display that no one would truly appreciate. 'This is the second time he's nearly collapsed, I don't think he isn't sleeping, maybe he's migraine sensitive?' “Kei-san if you get headaches you should take something for it.” Alain said offering a Pork Bun instead of medicine. As he offered the meaty treat the sound of Suzumori's wheelchair echoed in the otherwise silent subway.

Alain's eyes focused on the stun baton, 'That's a bit close ranged for you isn't it?' He shrugged it off and smiled, “Don't worry about the lateness, you're only a few minutes off, and before you think we were attempting to abandon you, we were instead wondering if we should eat the porkie deliciousness before it gets cold or wait for you.” Alain tossed Suzumori the warm snack and handed Kei his own. “So Kei-san, Suzumori-sempai... what's the plan? I see you brought your weapon.” Alain nodded and revealed his stack of subway tokens, forgetting about the knife he'd hid away earlier. “I've got us quite a few so we can ride almost any line. Although I do expect reimbursement on tokens, and a free meal from each of you for the meat buns.” Alain's voice was sarcastic, but he meant what he said.
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight_keeper

"Not like I could get a rifle if I wanted to, being illegal and all. Regardless..." Suzumori caught the pork bun with his free hand, and nodded. "Thank you, I was actually quite hungry, and there's a secret trick to this little device, which allows me to fight competently, even from a seated position." he smirked, wearing a face uncharacteristic for his standard demeanor.

Peering over a Hyuka, he noticed he seemed to be suffering from the same similar situation he noticed in class. "Are you sure you are up to this task, Hyuka-san? I would not be so keen to jump headlong first into danger if you find yourself debilitated before the adventure can even begin."
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

"I'm fine he stated as the pain ebbed away. He graciously accepted the food from Alain, and devoured it. After he was finished eating they entered the Station. What they saw was unbelievable though.

The inside of the station was exactly how they expected. Regular layout and everything. Except there wasn't a train at the station, and not a single person occupied the area other than they did. There was a faint blue light emanating from underneath the 'maintenance' door. Something about it seemed off, so Kei tried to open the door, but it was locked. With a sigh he turned towards the railway, and peeked down each way. There, off the right side, was a set of glowing steps, leading into the earth. "That's definitely not normal."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Thou Art I...

“No problem! Like I said there was a special on Pork Buns!” Alain smiled and looked at the stun stick after noting the mass amount of confidence that radiated from his senior's face, which was far from usual. 'If he says he can use it competently who am I to say no?' “Don't worry, nothing bad is gonna happen. Besides maybe Kei-san might pass out...” Alain looked over to Kei and sighed.

As they walked around the empty train station Alain found himself situated near Suzumori, letting Kei lead. “Told you, nothing here... No one rides the rails at night...” 'That's not entirely true... if it were midnight that might be the case, but this is still early...' Alain chewed his lower lip as they walked passed the maintenance door. “That door's probably... locked.” Alain tried the door after Kei but there was still no chance. No change the door remained locked. Alain sighed and ripped the token roll open flipping a coin up and down to calm his nerves. “Hey Kei-san you sure you wanna go down the not normal stairs?” He looked down them and sighed, “Suzumori-sempai, you gonna need a hand?” Alain turned back toward Suzumori knowing this is where they were heading.

I am thou...

Alain's mind wandered but he caught the wall so as to not stumble down the seemingly infinite stairs. 'What the hell was that?!' Alain closed his eyes and smiled, “Sorry, I totally tripped!” He laughed it off and shook his head.
twilight_keeper

From The Sea of Thy Soul...

Suzumori stared down the long glowing stairwell, with something of a scowl on his face; "Stairs, my mortal enemy... oh well, Shinra-san I'll be fine, while my doctor advises against relying on them too much, I can walk. Seems like they haven't hammered out the kinks in the joints on my prosthetics yet."

Standing up and folding his wheelchair up, he descended the stairs with the other two. Unnerved by the strange case of these stairs, he took a somewhat casual, if a bit guarded pace. The sound of his joints made an obvious metallic creak to them, well lubricated, but still stiff, clear that Suzumori indeed did not use his false legs often. Continuing to descend, the uneasiness grew inside him, until he noticed Alain catch himself from taking a potentially long fall down a magical set of stairs. "Well, goodness you did not take that tumble. Could have ended unpleasantly."

Thou art I...

It was Gau this time who found himself stumbling, taking a few wrong steps sideways and catching himself against the wall with his back. "Perhaps I shouldn't speak so soon..."
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei looked back, noticing the two had stumbled slightly. "Are you guys o-" he slipped and began to tumble down the steps. He brought his arms up to protect his head, but it still made a loud smack as it broke his fall on the last step. "Damn" he spoke softly while rubbing where it hit. "I'm okay!" He called back to the two behind him before looking around. This was DEFINITELY NOT the subway. There was a long tunnel, but the walls were round and smooth, leading into darkness. The walls themselves seemed to emanate their own light of many different colors. Even the floor was smooth and practically polished. "Wow..."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Did Everyone Hear That?

“There's not a chance I'm dying before I get married, and even then, no stairway to hell is going to take me out!” Alain smiled and offered a V for victory of the stairs. He laughed until both his friends took their stumbles, Suzumori into the wall and unfortunately for Kei, down the stairs. 'Maybe it wasn't just me?' Alain rushed down the stairs, “Kei-san!” Alain called out until he heard the thud and the assurance of Kei's voice signaling his life had not been forfeit to the stairs. “Oh thank the stars he didn't crack his head.” Alain held his chest and laughed a little. “Suzumori-sempai, Kei-san is not dead in case you didn't hear.” Alain declared as the two met up and then finally descended down the stairs together.

“Don't...” Alain bit his lip surveying the area, “Don't recall ever being in this tunnel. But I'm betting you want to go into the dark abyss don't you Kei-san?” Alain sighed, 'I really don't want to die today...' He ran his hand through his hair, his finger twirling the while colored strand. “You know the people who are most likely to go into the unknown like this...” He shook his head. “Whatever, there's nothing down this tunnel, trust me...” Alain was starting to doubt his own words, but for his sanity he had to pretend that all this was just slightly abnormal.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He clasped his hand on Alain's shoulder, and used the leverage to help himself up. "You know me so well." He smiled to Alain, and took a moment to ready himself. "If anything weird happens, let's just bolt for the stairs." He turned to look at Suzumori and grimaced. "In the event of life or death, I hope you don't mind piggybacking for your life up those steps." He pointed to Alain, " I think you should be good if you hold tightly to him."
twilight_keeper

Suzumori slightly scoffed at the comment; "I would not underestimate my abilities when in a pinch, I can keep up with the rest of you if I need to." Slinging his wheelchair over his shoulder and loosening the chain on his belt, letting more slack between the rod in his hand and the chain which it was connected to.

After surveying his surroundings, he spoke again, "While this technicolor dreamland is quite amusing, this is still far from where anyone should be in general. If we find ourselves in a bind, there could be more than just a little bit of trouble."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Shot in the Dark

“Thank you for handling that Suzumori-sempai!” Alain sighed in relief as Suzumori slung over his wheelchair and decided to sit out on helping him out. “'Cause there was no way in hell I was going to be piggybacking anyone or anything up those stairs.” Alain laughed sarcastically but he was pretty serious about that. He had no confidence in his ability to hold someone that long, especially in peril. The wheelchair was no exception. Adrenaline may provide him the boost, but it was far from worth it.

“Stand back guys, I've got this!” Alain took a few steps forward and reeled back his hand tossing a subway coin as far as he could into the darkness. He sighed as it landed within view. “Anyone else want to give it a shot?” He jogged up to the coin and picked it up. “Darn it...” He whispered to himself. 'Really should have picked up baseball in primary...'
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei looked to Suzumori and followed after Alain. However instead of stopping next to him, he decided to keep going until suddenly an object came into view. As he neared the object he was able to make out the shape of a door. Finally he was right before it, and was mesmerized by its beauty. It had many things garbed into it, some vile and some beautiful. What really awestruck him were the chains. They were humongous and held the door shut in one place by a giant lock. Kei couldn't even find words. Instead he placed a hand against the door, only to pull back immediately, "Damn that's hot!"
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

“He's gonna get us killed.” Alain laughed and spun on his heels turning around. He rushed after Kei and once he saw the door he paused to walk toward it carefully. His eyes were focused on the lock. He didn't have a key and neither of the two of them should have a magic key either. “Kei-san this is definitely not the way. Or you won't find the answers you're looking for... No one should have had the key to get passed that door.” He didn't bother touching the door, seeing as how it burned Kei's hand. “Suzumori-sempai, what are your thoughts on the door? Not that we can advance any further...” He jammed his fists into his pockets and kicked the ground. “Looks like I don't owe you two that steak dinner!” Alain ran his fingers through the tokens in his pocket and nipped his thumb on the knife. “Son of a....” He drew his hand out and noted the small speck of blood and ground his fingers. 'That stupid knife that was on the bed. Just forget it, it's of no use right now.'
twilight_keeper

Suzumori peered intently at the door, examining thoroughly. He was by no means neither a locksmith nor an occult expert, so it didn't do much good. "Looks like something that we really should not be trifling with. Look, I understand that you want to get to the bottom of whatever happened at school today Kei; trust me, I want to as well. But..." he paused briefly in order to emphasize his next words. "I really do not understand why this would have ANYTHING to do with that incident. I get it, the victim apparently spent time down in this part of town; specifically in this section, however..." he trailed off again, thinking about the bizarre circumstances surrounding the entirety of today's events. "Now that I think about it, maybe this does have something of value to consider about, but we are not in a position to do something about it at this current juncture."

He wanted to drive the point home about the foolishness of their current actions, but couldn't think of much more to emphasize his stance on the matter, so he contented himself with unfolding his chair and taking a hard seat.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei shook his head, " I don't get it. I felt like we were so close." Not even thinking about it, he leaned against the door and it began to creak open, and upon further inspection he could see that the lock itself wasn't even closed. "I suddenly....feel like we should run." Suddenly these black, dark objects began to slither out from under the door, he could distinctly see the expressionless masks they wore. He immediately fell back, and began to crawl bbakwards. "R-run! Let's get away!" But he couldn't move...almost as if he was in a trance...He just sat back, watching the things sprout hands and claw their way towards him.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Now, how should I torture our enemies…? Hee hee hee.

“Oh man! Oh man!” Alain stood frozen in place and his eyes began to water as he panicked. “Oh man! oh man! What are they?” He wiped his eyes and in his blurred vision he saw Kei had yet to get up. “Dammit Kei-san!” Alain reached in his pocked for the knife but pulled out the roll of tokens, obviously in the wrong pocket. “Move it!” He wiped his eyes but closed them anyway as he jammed his thumb in the opened roll and secuded a coin beneath his thumb, he flicked with his thumb and the coin spiraled into the mask of one of the amorphous blobs that slid from beneath the floor. It did nothing but bounce, the creature was undeterred. “Dammit!”

I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...

A young girl with a rather... improvised crown stood before Alain, “Who are you?” The girl's voice was far more mature than her appearance led on. “From the Moon my Power originates; My Soul Corrupted by Hades' Cruelty, I am Master of the Furies, the Goddess of Witchcraft and Magic, and Queen of the Full Moon, Hecate!” Alain stood in silence for a moment and Hecate continued on. “I shall lend you my strength...” Alain was speechless as the girl held out her hand and the knife appeared before it. 'This can't be real...' Alain's thoughts seemed to bare themselves as Hecate answered his thought. “I assure you this is no mere dream. Offer me your hand and I will give you the strength to protect your friends. If this is merely a dream what do you have to lose?” The girl smirked, or Alain knew she did, she had his sense of humor and reasoning. “Fine then.” Alain held out his hand and she sliced open his hand and her own clasping them together. Alain sucked his teeth in pain. “The pact has been made. I will offer you my power, should destiny decide.”

Alain held his hand to his head, catching a glimpse of the Triple Goddess's regalia etched into his hand. He had dropped his coins, so on a whim Alain decided to pick one up. “Let's figure out... if destiny is truly on my side.” Alain picked up a token and noted the marked sides, he flipped it and in a surreal fashion the coin shattered and Hecate appeared before everyone, her form was larger than it appeared in his head. “Mahama!” Her solid eye flashed with light and little circles appeared beneath each mask, however only one of the creatures seemed affected as it was eradicated by the bright light that emanated from the circle. “Whoa...” Alain's voice marked his surprise and Hecate offered a confident smile, Alain knew it.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

'Dammit...Dammit..' "DAMMIT!" Kei pulled himself to his feet. Hecate was extremely beautiful, in body and ability. "I...I'll fight too!" He pulled a rock free from the cave floor, it was small, about the size of a baseball. "Grr...STRIBOG!" Kei threw the rock as hard as he could, but before it hit the monster it too shattered, and then Stibog materialized; holding a beautifully crafted scythe. "BASH!" as soon as the word become reality, so did the action, and the Scythe slammed into the being, knocking it upside down. 'Damn...Alain killed his..' he bit down hard, grinding his teeth. 'I'm not good enough...' "Once more Stribog! BASH!" immediately the scythe cane down heavily on the upturned beast, halving it and causing it to melt into the shadows. 'Tch...One left.' He was about to call upon Stribog once more, however it had already disappeared leaving the rock behind, laying on the ground.