PER is SON dead A

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Re: PER is SON dead A

Post by KiteXX »

Kei was paralyzed. His heart pounded, but he couldn't move. He just stared down at the body. There was something off about it, but he couldn't explain what it was. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. He suddenly burst into action when he heard Alains voice. He did his best to calm himself, but was unable to. He reached an arm out towards Alain to help him off the floor. He couldn't just leave him there cowering on the bloody floor. That's when it hit him. He turned and stuck his head out the window looking at the body again. There is no blood! he looked back to the hallway behind him, "where did this come from?" The announcement calling his name sounded once again. "Damn...Show me the way Alain! Let's get out of here!"
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Death. Four.

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Alain didn't notice Kei's hand until Kei called out his name. Alain wiped away the tears in his eyes and gasped a few times sniveling still. He used the wall behind him as a support as he brought himself to his shaking knees. As his vision cleared he noticed the blood stains had disappeared from the floor. “Did I... did we...” He cleared his throat. 'I definitely saw blood, and so did Kei, he wouldn't have fun down the hall if he didn't...' Alain cracked a smile and made his way to the stairwell. “Fourth floor eh?” His hands were trembling and his voice was shaky at best. “The faulty office is on the second floor.” Alain said placing his hand on his head and scratching his head. He hadn't seen a dead body, there wasn't blood, all he knew was there was screaming, someone probably threw a desk out a window or something. “Yeah that was it... that had to be it.” Alain whispered.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei allowed Alain to lead the way, and offered up no reason for the lack of blood on the body he saw, or the lack of blood that had somehow magically evaporated. Soon enough, he was in the second floor faculty room, speaking with the principal herself. "I'm Mitsuru Kirijo" there was a fierceness in her voice, despite her age, "I would like to personally welcome you to Towai academy." She sighed and began to rub the bridge of her wrinkled nose, "I'm sorry to cut this short. Your room is at the end of the hall on the right side." He was dismissed and immediately headed towards his class, but there was something in the back of his mind, like an alarm, telling him to be on guard around the principal. Something was off about her.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

The Imperious Queen of Executions

((Fanboy squeal.))

Alain's heart skipped a beat and he straighten his back as he saw Mitsuru Kirijo, that velvet red hair and her powerful presence had filled his heart with joy and admiration many times. He loved the principal's announcements because he got to hear her command the room. In his head little fantasies played whenever he saw her and this was no exception. But this moment was over before Alain spoke a word. Besides she was a woman and he a mere boy. That's what his mind told him at least, a way to justify the fact he never even spoke with the woman. Alain kept his thoughts to himself and merely followed Kei as she dismissed the two. “Kirijo-sensei is the best.” He said with a smile. “Which class are you in? It can't really be up there on the fourth floor right?” Alain asked checking his watch and letting out an inaudible sigh. 'Late for class. This year is going to go well...'
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

(Expect many squeals then)

"She said it was this one," he said, pulling open the door to Alain's classroom. "Ah! There you are Shinra-san! And lo and behold, you have the new student in tow!" The teacher was a tall man, lanky in places. He wore gray glasses that seemed to mirror the exact shade of his hair. "Seeing as how you two seem to know eachother already, I'm placing you in charge of him. Go on, take your seats!" "But Narukami-sensei!" A student stood up, "he hasn't even gotten a chance to introduce himself!" The teacher laughed lightly, and let his mind wander back to a time when he was also a new student. 'You callin' me stupid?' He had said at that time. "Fine fine. Come introduce yourself." He smiled lightly, putting Kei in the spotlight. "I'm Kei Hyuka, please take care of me."

(And no, narukami and Mitsuru never spoke to eachother over their experiences with the Shadows...sorry :))
twilight_keeper

Weak Knees

Post by twilight_keeper »

(Makes me wanna throw in some cameos from the OLD stuff if we're going this route xD)

Suzumori found himself without much time for classes as he spent most of the time dealing with issues arising from faculty members questioning him about the fourth floor and generalized club activities. After deflecting most of the assault by feigning ignorance of the activities of other clubs, other than cursorily mandatory knowledge due to his position; he found himself in the second floor hallway. Debating whether or not to check on Shinra and the new student, he decided to wait until it was a more opportune time, primarily lunch. His own sense of classroom etiquette always seemed to get the better of him during these moments.

He hated using his prosthetics, except for in dire circumstances. With the service elevator off limits due to police activity though, he had little choice. Folding up his wheelchair, taking care to keep a particular item concealed within, he stood up on his metal and plastic polymer legs, taking care to mind the joints, and walked up the stairs to his own classroom on the third floor.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Back to Mundane.

((If I see Lisa or Michel I'm fanboying hard. Yes I know Michel is a dude, but dude was he my favorite. Plus he's a rocker! But Fuuka's Arena appearance still makes my heart throb lol.))

Alain stepped in and bowed his head, “Sorry Narukami-sensei, I was helping Kei-san find his way here.” Alain took his seat as per instructed and paused when his classmate pointed out Kei hadn't yet introduced himself yet. Alain spun on the balls of his feet and backed up a little so Kei could introduce himself. Afterwards Alain took his seat and Kei sat beside him.

“Welcome to Towai.” Alain said sarcastically as he pulled out his notebook for the lecture. On the cover were sketches including guitars, boxing gloves and various other items. They weren't anything special, and had tons of eraser markings, he'd drawn and redrawn these images, dissatisfied with them most times. He looked at the microphone he'd drawn and erased it sighing.
twilight_keeper

(I know right? Speaking of which based on the silhouettes of the Shadow Operatives, I can confidently say that I believe Michel is one of em)
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

(I only played innocent sin, I tried the first one, but I'm terrible at dungeon crawlers. However I do remember Michel.)

Narukami-sensei began to write on the board behind him, getting ready for the lesson, when a woman burst into the room, slamming the door open, "leader!" She paused when she noticed that there were students in the room. "Er...Yu-san. The police require your assistance in this investigation." Yu grumbled slightly band turned towards the students. "Looks like this may take a while. Enjoy some free time, I'll be back shortly." He turned and left the room. "is this about the Suicide, Naoto-kun?" Was all that they were able to hear as he disappeared down the hall.
Kei turned to Alain, prepared to speak when he got caught in another students conversation, "they say it was Takai who jumped." "Why would he do that? He seemed perfectly happy yesterday." You've all heard the rumors right?" A third student chimed in "about the subway at night? I saw Takai go in, after dark, he's the third one this month to go in and then commit suicide the next day! They say that place is cursed!"
Kei finally managed to get a grip on himself and turned to Alain, "does this sort of thing happen often?"
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Rumor Mondays.

((How could you forget him? He's literally the best!))

Alain's eyes followed the woman intruder and his notes suffered for it, a giant line now etched into his notebook. 'Darn. She was a cutie wasn't she?' Alain wrinkled his nose and twirled the white strand in his finger, he hadn't heard a word the two adults had said, instead he was focused on her. 'Tokyo's a crapsack but man is it filled with babes. I wonder who that was. Certainly not a teacher. Oh Kei's talking to me.'

Alain noticed Kei hadn't yet said a word, instead waiting for the students who were spreading rumors. Alain smirked as Kei wished to affirm their rumors. He shook his head and replied sarcastically, “Oh of course! I only had a minor panic attack because this normally happens on the full moon or Fridays.” He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. “I stayed home during the break, so if they kicked the bucket, I wouldn't have known. This is the first time I heard of someone committing suicide.” As he said the word his face dropped a bit and he stared at the line in his notebook. “So someone really jumped from the fourth floor.” Alain whispered and began to erase the line, but it was forever carved into the notebook. “They're probably spreading rumors... don't buy into the hype.”
twilight_keeper

Into the Deep Blue

(Time for my Room visit)

Opening the door to his classroom did not yield that expected result. In its place, was a strange, well decorated room draped in various shades of deeper blue. Taken aback by this sight, he rolled backwards slightly (noting that he resumed utilizing his wheelchair after climbing the stairs), only to find himself against the back wall, where there was no door, though he could swear that there was one that he entered through just beforehand.

"Youkozo, Velvet Room desu... Wagana wa Igor desu." the strange man before him was a sight to see. He was more than just a little frightening, but composure got the better of Suzumori and he faced forward, far more quizzical than scared. "What is this place?" He fired the question off more forcefully than he intended.

"Oh I assure you, there is no need to be alarmed, this is a place where you can feel at ease. This is the Velvet Room, where people like yourself can find many useful purposes to assist you on your quest." the strange long-nosed man spoke in a haunting, but soothing manner. "When the time comes, you'll need my help, much like the others."

The student council representative was fixated on the idea of "others" but chose not to express his concerns. "What quest do you speak of?"

"That will become apparent with time, my boy. For now, return to your world, time waits for no man."

With his last statement, the long-nosed man known as Igor faded from his vision, and he found himself once again standing in front of a classroom door. Looking up it read 2-D, which he was sure that he left in favor of his own classroom not moments before. Now is not the time to question things like that... he thought to himself, and chose instead to enter the underclassman room before him, immediately taking note of Shinra and Hyuka's seating positions.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei sighed. Of course it didn't happen often. How could he be so stupid. He bit his lip in frustration. But there was blood. There was definitely blood there. "I going to Check it out. Tonight." He turned, expecting it to be his teacher returning, but only raised an eyebrow as Suzumori walked in.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Trains at Night

“I wouldn't ride the midnight trains if I were you.” Alain mentioned offhandedly returning to his notebook. “Tokyo's nightlife isn't for new guys. Or maybe you're into that, but if you lost your wallet already, being on the subways at night is a going to be freaking nightmare.” Alain didn't look up as Suzumori walked in, he was still focused on removing this line the woman who entered had inadvertently caused. 'I gotta stop zoning out whenever I see a babe. I'm never gonna find someone if I just drop my jaw and drool...' Alain sighed. 'She was almost as good-looking as Kirijo-sensei... nah. Maybe. I mean... ugggh. Whatever... Although I feel like she's famous.'
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight_keeper

Taking immediate notice to the conversation placed in front of him, he moved himself over to their seats. Whispers of some of the other students reached his ears but he ignored them promptly. Once he was within speaking distance he stopped in front of their desks.

"So what is this I hear about midnight trains? Is there a secret club I am unaware of?" he said in a somewhat joking manner, but still with complete composure. "Or does this have something to do with the fourth floor incident? I was unable to reach the scene, by then the police had quarantined the area. Did you happen to see what it was?"
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei immediately looked away. Unable to stop his mind from wandering. "Supposedly the guy who committed suicide fits the trend of going into the subway at night. After what I saw...up there...I need to go see for myself."
twilight_keeper

Suzumori chuckled slightly, if anything, to hide his disgust for the fact that there was a death on his campus, the campus he was supposed to be representing. "Seems you've had quite a first day, and yet you wish to continue down a route that could lead to greater despair?" his tone was grave, "I cannot have this, there will be no clandestine operations to discover darkness in my school..." he paused, for dramatic effect mostly.

"Unless I go with you. Shinra-san, do you have any input on the matter?" he took out a set of glasses from his breast pocket and put them on. "Because I think you've taken the responsibility of this new student upon yourself."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Random Rails, Scary Subways, Terrifying Trains.

Alain looked up as Suzumori asked them about the midnight train club. He smiled to himself, proud his comment was noticed. Unfortunately Suzumori also placed Alain as Kei's guardian. 'Oh did I now?' He thought to himself raising his brow. “I'd rather not be on a train at midnight to get beaten, robbed, or worse...” He lifted his arms locked his fingers over his head cracking them, “But if you think I should go to Suzumori-senpai... how can I say no?” Alain smiled an empty smile, but this is what making friends meant and he knew it. Besides there was no way... actually... “But Kei-san, you realize that this is just a rumor right? Logically speaking that's just a coincidence, and that's if it's the truth. But even passed that. The trains are random and whatever he may have seen might not be what we see, not that anything on a subway car could make a sane person commit suicide...” Alain bit his lip and put down his notebook, flicking his white streak with his finger.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei smiled mischievously, " okay, let's meet up at the subway, at nine tonight, make sure you're prepared for anything." He nodded, feeling for some reason like this was meant to be. * thou art I...* he immediately brought his hands to his head, feeling pure pain at the sound of the voice in his head. * I am thou... he slammed his hands on the desk and stood up. Suddenly the pain subsided and he looked around and noticed all eyes were on him. "Ah...sorry..." he spoke softly before sitting once again.
twilight_keeper

The automatic expression that rose to Suzumori's face was not uncommon for one faced with such a scene, but he was a composed boy, and knew better than to let that linger. He then thought back to the words of the strange man in the strange room, thinking about what he had said, more subjectively this time. Could these two be who he was talking about? Not one to quickly dismiss such notions, he thought about asking Kei about the room, or more telling him what he experienced not ten minutes prior to this conversation. But he denied himself the opportunity and replaced the thought with a smile.

"Right then, twenty-one sharp."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Food Carts Save Lives! And Money... But Lives!

'Prepared for anything is right, if we run into a gang do I run for it? No I should be the hero right? Suzumori's in a damn wheelchair for crap's sake! If I run I'll be... gah whatever, I won't run. No matter what.' Alain nodded and looked at each of the boys. “9 o'clock sharp. Got it, might be like 15 minutes early just in case.” Alain scribbled the number 9 on his hand in pen and revealed it to the boys. “Ah forgot the foot note.” He wrote “Trains” on his palm beneath the number 9. Once more he flashed a smile. As he smiled he noticed Kei had what seemed to be a migraine or just the regular hammer to the head pain. “Hey Kei-san, you uh... you okay there? Dude don't dwell over all this rumor mill crap...” Alain placed his hand on Kei's shoulder, “Or at least don't bust your brain over it. Trust me, we're gonna get on the trains, see some dude in the corner reading the paper, some gang kids, and maybe a homeless man who jumped the ticket-eater. Anything else and I'm buying you a steak dinner.” Alain said half-jokingly. “Like literally anything. Except a cute girl. Because then she's probably worth the steak dinner. Just saying guys.” Alain's smile was wide and genuine, if only for the moment. “Speaking of steak dinner I'm gonna stop by the food cart there, on Mondays they've got a special on Pork Buns.”
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.