PER is SON dead A

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

PER is SON dead A

Post by KiteXX »

Kei hyaku was pretty sure that his life was a normal one. He had grown up rather normally after all, and hadn't a clue that things would change. That is, until he moved into Tokyo and began attending Towai Academy. It was here that all things changed. And it was here that the Velvet Room, once again welcomed a guest. Unfortunately for Igor, it was more than one.

Template~
Name~
Age~
Gender~
Persona~(this also includes affinity, show what your main skill is, and it's weakness, ie. You're agi, so you're weak to bufu etc..
Bio~
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

True Neutral by Way of Dissonance.

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Template~
Name~ Alain Shinra
Age~ 17
Gender~ Male
Weapon~ Coins, pebbles, anything he can flick with his thumbs.
Persona~ Hecate
Arcana: Temperance
Skills: Hyper Zionga[Random (Weak/Medium/Heavy/Severe) Elec Damage (1 Foe)], Bolt Storm[Heavy Elec Damage (Random Foes)], Mahama[Light Instant Death (30% Chance)], Diarahan[Fully Restore HP (Single Target)], Mediarahan[Fully Restore HP (All Allies)], Mind Charge [2x Magic Damage (Self Use Only)], Makarakarn[Reflect Magic (1 Use Only)], Foolish Whisper [Inflict Silence (All foes)].
Affinity: Magic (Zio/Elec, Hama/Light, Dia/Heal).
Weakness: Physical.
Bio~ Someone with major inner turmoil issues. Alain grew up as an outcast, anti-social in his own head. In reality he just developed personalities to be around people. He himself considered this the norm, everyone acts differently depending on who they're with. Unfortunately Alain brooded on his personality issue and found himself void of his own personal identity. He likes to think he is a nice person, but sometimes he had awful thoughts, sick and sadistic in nature. He's unsure of if he's merely someone good who does bad things, or someone bad who does good things.

Alain is considered to be one of the brightest among his family members and he is unsure of why, he has difficulties accepting that he may be smarter than he knows, but at the same time embraces his knowledge and occasionally refers to himself as a genius depending on the party he may be with. He is very competitive and hates that about himself, as it draws out the worst him he knows. Alain has never been in a serious fight, but has read many manga and watched movies and action shows in an attempt to learn, he loves boxing and despite his lack of power wishes to one day box in the amateur divisions.

Edited again because I wanted more random.
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Re: PER is SON dead A

Post by KiteXX »

Name~ Kei Hyaku
Age~17
Gender~Male
Persona~ Stribog
Arcana~Magician
Skills~ Bash, Garu, Garula, Kill Rush, diarama, and magaru.
Affinity~Garu, Dia, Physical
Bio~Kei was a little rough around the edges, sarcastic, and unafraid to speak his mind. He often looked out at his classmates and thought, 'what can I do to make myself better than them' he constantly thought this only meant academically, but it soon became a physical challenge too. Kei tends to look at the world with a lack of emotions and a view of, what can you do for me? Kei transfered to Towai academy due to his parents career and he often moved from town to town but they assured him that he would be here at least a year. Kei, although skeptical, resigned himself to that as though it were fact. Unfortunately for him...things got a bit odd.
Last edited by KiteXX on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Name~ Gau Suzumori
Age~ 18
Gender~ Male
Weapon of Choice = Kusarigama (Stun Modified)

Persona~ Aeshma
Aracana = The Tower
Affinity = Water, Darkness (Bufu, Mudo)
Weakness = Light
Persona Skill List = Mabufu, Belzac (Cause Rage), Mudo, Malaques (Cause Water Damage)

Appearance: Roughly 5'6", lithe build, short cropped reddish-brown hair, amber eyes (right eye is blinded out), legs below the thigh just above the knee are replaced with jointed prosthetics. Wears the school uniform mostly to code but wears a matching vest under the coat while the coat is left open.

Bio~ Originally hailing from a small island in the Kyushu chain, Gau Suzumori spent most of his earlier years living on the sea with his father. After an unfortunate accident which cost him his legs, right eye, and father, he moved to the mainland where he was eventually enrolled at Towai. Considered one of the most approachable students at the academy, he spends most of his days working with the student council and assisting new and troubled students adjust to the new environment. However, he also harbors secret resentments towards those who choose to live the way they do, especially those who lives their lives with a negative candor. His own personal issues with lack of choice drive his motivations to do better for others, and allow themselves to be free to make the best decisions possible, although he cannot help but try to influence their choices to what he believes is best for them.

Suzumori is mostly bound to a wheelchair, although he wears prosthetic legs regardless. When he feels the need; and importance to stand, he will do so, although typically only to deal with major issues or if himself or others are endangered. He keeps his personal defense weapon, a specialized kusari-gama with a modified head to replace the sickle with a stun rod to protect himself and others when in danger. This allows him to subdue enemies from his chair, but is more effective when standing. He keeps in reasonably good shape, although is prone to spells of laziness when he overloads himself with work from the student council and personal endeavors.

Has a personal preference for the color grey, heavy spices, and fishing. Prefers to stay away from boats, and absolutely despises people who choose to be negative or destructive in their lives, especially towards others.
Last edited by twilight_keeper on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

(All current player characters visit the same Velvet room, and can see other people, but they are too 'out of focus' for you to determine who is whom. Igors words are not the same for everyone)
It was Sunday night, February first, when Kei had finished unpacking. He sat alone in the house in his bedroom, his mind reeling from the sudden change of moving to the big city. This was Tokyo! He had always wanted to see a city, but was never able to, until now. He had the entire day unpacking everything he could, and now that he had, he was exhausted. He had made his bed quite early, and the thought of sleep overwhelmed him. He didn't even bothering crawling under the blanket, and passed out within seconds.
It was a loud horn, that awoke him, and he found himself surrounded by a bluish light. When he concentrated, he could see that he was sitting in the window seat of a plane. His eyes drifted out the window, but he could see nothing through the foggy clouds. A door opened at the front of the plane, and out walked a man with an extremely long nose, his eyes, wide and his smile, mischievous. "Welcome...to the velvet room. There is quite a while before we reach our destination. You have a lot of troubles ahead of you. But I trust you will know what to do when the time comes." He placed a piece of paper in front of Kei. "I am Igor. Resident of The Velvet Room. This is your contract." Try as he might to read it, the words were either too blurry, or in a completely different language. All Kei could read was the words: Signed by:____. He quickly jotted his name down, despite not knowing what compelled him to do so. "Ah. Perfect." Igor withdrew the contract, "you'll know what to do when the time comes." Was all he said, as he placed a small knife like object in kei's hand. Slowly the velvet room faded from Kei's vision, and he awoke in his room, moments before his alarm sounded. He still felt as exhausted as he had the prior night. With a sigh, he climbed out of bed, and began putting his new Towai School uniform on, already forgetting The Velvet Room.
He arrived at Towai academy shortly after departing from the subway, the school was a magnificent four stories high, with one large gate surrounding the building. Everyone had already began filing into their groups when someone came up behind Kei and shoved him. He immediately stumbled into the ground. "Move new kid!" TThe boy was obviously an upperclassmen. However Kei didn't get a chance to speak, as he stood, the upperclassmen had already departed. Boy was school going to be fun.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Velvet Blue Dreams. Velvet Blue Moon.

Alain woke up and rubbed his eyes. “Just a dream. Just a dream.” He was in a cold sweat, it felt real, and was one of those dreams that seemed to surreal to be just a dream. The guy with his nose, the attendants, all of it was fading quickly, and he'd never been on a plane so why was that a part of his dream? Alain shrugged it off and hopped out of bed unaware of the item he left on the bed, shining as the morning light hit it. He grabbed his uniform and rushed to get ready for the first day of the new school year. As long as he could pretend to be nice he was sure to make at least one new friend.

Alain slathered his morning toast in marmalade and rushed for the train his toast hung between his teeth he rolled up his uniform's sleeves and held on to his backpack's strap. “Dad I'm off!” Alain shouted back into the home, not waiting for a grunt or any other signal of acceptance or recognition. He stuffed the toast in his mouth and hopped the rail as he zoomed in just short of missing the train. He gasped heavily and held his chest, leaning against the door doubled over. “Stupid city schools...” He panted beneath his breath.

Alain walked to the school with other classmates who used Tokyo's subway system. The stupidly crowded trains that Alain learned to hid his wallet keys and phone in so they'd not get stolen again. He walked alone, still not socially adjusted to this high school. It was his second year, but the only friends he'd made in this school had either moved away or graduated. All 3 of his “friends.” Alain met a lot of people, but making a friend was way harder than meeting a person. As he thought this he saw why he didn't have friends, an upperclassman had shoved a new kid to the floor and before Alain could help him he stood up on his own. “Hey man don't worry about the upperclassmen, they're all messed up because of graduation and that jazz you know?” Alain flashed an empty smile, the smiles he used to seem and feel normal. “Let's get you to class new guy.”
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei forced a smile, "thanks, he'll bow to me one day anyways," he intoned sarcastically. He introduced himself, and then turned back to where the upperclassmen had went. "Ah! Hey! Where is my wallet?!" He began to pat himself down fervently, making sure not too many things went missing. Eventually he just gave up completely and sighed. "Damn... This is why I can't have nice things."
twilight_keeper

Suzumori watched the scene unfold from a window on the third floor, smiled briefly to himself, thinking about the new year. "Looks like this is going to be something of an interesting year... I must go speak to the rest of the third years about their behavior however..."

Wheeling himself down the hall, he disappeared into a handicapped service elevator, and rode it down to the first floor.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Tokyo, the 'Haven' for Idiots.

“Haha that's cute. The likelihood of that happening is slim, even if you do make it big you know. Tokyo's huge, after this year you may never see that jerk again you know. My name's Alain by the way.” Alain took a few steps forward then spun on his heels when he realized Kei had not followed him. “Ah the infamous missing wallet. Well if you rode the subway chances are you lost it there. If you had it when you got off the subway then you weren't just bullied, but that was a rather clever display of theft. No use fretting over it, you didn't lose anything important right?” Alain held the door open for Kei and sighed, 'New people think Tokyo's some magical place where their dreams come true, it's just another city, and crime stacks up here... maybe next time he'll learn to care for his valuables...' Alain remained quiet as he let his inner monologue roll.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei shrugged and began to follow Alain. " I'm Kei." He glanced over at the other kids around, most were already headed inside, but, a few were still having conversations outside. "I just start here today." He sighed inwardly and gathered up his things, and held them close to his body. "Lead the way."
When Alain held the door open for Kei he thanked him, and stepped through. He was amazed at what he saw. There were arrows painted non the ground, labeled things like Faculty and Cafeteria, and signs hung down in front of doors labeling classrooms. There was a long red carpet leading up the steps, and disappearing into the second floor. Just in front of him were the shoe bkxes, but past that was a wide open area where .any vendor stalls were, however each one was marked 'closed'
Kei was so astonished he flinched, and completely lost his turn to attack. However when he regained his composure, he turned towards Alain "am I in the wrong place?"
twilight_keeper

Kei could hear a voice coming from somewhere inside the main hall; "Oh I assure you, you are indeed in the correct location..." the voice seemed to chuckle to itself. "Oh, I apologize, what I meant to say is; yes this is the right place. Welcome to Towai Academy, I'm Suzumori Gau, student council representative." his wheelchair became plainly visible coming from behind the main stair, "pleasure to meet you, transfer student."
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

"Move dammit." A voice sounded from behind Suzumori, and suddenly someone pushed his wheelchair forward violently and disappeared into the crowd. Suddenly, Kei wasn't sure whether he was seeing this school at its worst or at its best. For someone quite a ways away, his voice seemed to carry quite far. "Nice to meet you too," he called back, " I'm Kei Hyuka."
twilight_keeper

Suzumori's expression changed not, he continued to look towards Kei, making a slight slide on the right side of the wheels to brake himself, and with a smile plastered on his face. "Oh don't worry much about them, they'll find that their actions will be corrected... eventually..." he wheeled up to Kei, close enough to ensure that he wouldn't be pushed around for lack of functional brakes on his chair.

"Please try not to judge the place so harshly, I do not believe that most of the students behave in this manner." he looked down at his wrist where his watch was firmly planted and gave a small noise, not enough to be truly audible without peerless hearing. "You should find your placement in classes, either you can look at the board over there" pointing towards the classroom assignment boards on the far wall, "or you can go to the faculty office and check with them directly."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Shinra, Alain - Class 2-D

Alain had already slipped into his school shoes while Kei took the time to look around. He was surprised to see the student council rep when he looked up. “Good morning Suzumori-san.” Alain bowed his head and jumped into action as his wheelchair was shoved, or rather made the attempt to, his body flinching as he readied to counter. “Stupid tactless masses...” Alain whispered under his breath returning to his stance as he realized Suzumori had braced himself, wrapping his oddly colored streak of hair in his finger. “I'd join a club or team if I were you. Making friends is a quick way to stay safe around here. Even then. It might not be the worst, but living in Tokyo is far from the best.” Alain mentioned offhandedly. 'I guess some groups around here just don't care.' as he made his way to the board Suzumori pointed out. “Trust me the board's way easier if you're new here.” Alain uncurled his hair and pointed to his name to verify his eyes were on point. “Hyuka is your family name right, Kei-san?” Alain asked searching for Kei's name as well.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Kei rushed over to the board, following after him. There were many names on the list but so far, he didn't come across his own. Finally, after searching the board for a second time, he found it. Class F4. "Do you know where class F4 is?" Kei turned to Alain, and then to Suzumori, hoping for an answer.
twilight_keeper

Suzumori Gau, Class 3-C

Suzumori wore a face that seemed puzzled. His left eye dancing about the board, finally finding Kei's name posted as a footnote towards the far right side of the board. "That doesn't sound right... Shinra-san, can you do me a favor? I need to check this with the faculty, but I can assure you our school's numbers don't add up to 4." He took down the note attached to the board and placed it in his blazer pocket. "Check the fourth floor with Hyuka-san. Normally I wouldn't ask something like this but this is something truly curious. Special classes are assigned occasionally, but..." his voice trailed off before reasserting himself. "...never mind, I'll just be right back after I check on this."

He spun his chair around and adjusted his hair, moving down the open hallway across the foyer, disappearing from sight before too long.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Haunted Hallways.

'The fourth floor. What crap luck... even Suzumori's got nothing on this. There's no way this isn't a prank, but at the same time his name really isn't anywhere else on this dub board.' “You've been assigned to death I see.” Alain said with a wicked smile. “No one ever gets classes on the fourth floor you know. Heck most buildings in Tokyo don't have a fourth floor, but this wondrous school. It's obviously four stories so to label it as the fifth would be nothing short of idiotic.” Alain changed his wicked grin into one of delight and curiosity. “I'll bring him up to the fourth floor, so I'll see you up there Suzumori-san, or should I let him off in 4-F?” Alain asked as he ran his finger around his white strand. When he turned to confirm his question Suzumori was gone.

“Whelp. Come on Kei-san, I'm on the second floor and I'll be damned if I'm late on the first day.”
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

As they began to climb, step after step, the sense of something being wrong settled with in Kei's stomach. The fourth floor was used for nothing but access to the roof, and club activities. As they neared the end of the hall however, they began to notice streaks of blood, leading them. Kei began to pick up speed, following the trail. It lead to a window, but before he could look out, there was a loud scream, followed by a thud, and then several more screams. When Kei poked his head through the window, he looked down, only to see groups of students surrounding the body of a boy. He wasn't in uniform. Kei was unable to divert his eyes until the intercom came on. "Student activities are closed today. When class is released you are to head straight home. Whoever is caught interfering with the police will be taken into custody." There was a short break in communication, when a woman's voice came on the intercom in place of the prior speaker. "Kei Hyuka to the faculty room please. Kei Hyuka to the faculty room"
twilight_keeper

Correct Statements

Suzumori stopped in his tracks when he heard the announcement. Yes, he was in the faculty office. Yes, he was also talking with a teacher about the postings. No, he hadn't gotten anything clear yet. Once he heard that statement over the intercom however, he immediately didn't appreciate the gravity of the words spoken.

"Thank you for your time Morikawa-sensei, but it appears to be some sort of incident. I wonder what could have occurred on school grounds that requires the intervention of the police..." he wheeled over to the exit to the faculty office when he thought about the notice again. Suddenly realizing something, he sped off down the hallway towards the service elevator. Jamming his index finger against the call button five or six times, he realized the elevator was out of service at the moment. "Curious, unless there's a fire, or an incident on the higher floo-" his words stopped suddenly when he thought about that statement. "This is not good! I have no real way to contact those two either..."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Breathe Slowly. Relax Your Mind.

Alain pretty much lost the lead after Kei found the blood streaks. He let loose his hair and followed Kei until they heard the screams. “Crap crap crap! Stupid fourth... gah! It was only a joke!” Alain panicked. He didn't need to poke his head out of the window to know what went on. He merely covered his eyes with his hands. “I'm sorry Kei-san! I'm sorry!” Alain cried and shook his head trying to dispel the the very notion of someone dying in his school, student or not. “I-I... oh man... oh man...” His ears perked as he heard Kei's name on the announcements and Alain lost it, sinking into a fetal position. “I'm sorry Kei-san!” he whispered shivering, “They need you...” Alain's voice was quiet as he filled the dead silence with his sobs.