.Hack//The Rise and Fall

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

GamerKale

Re: .Hack//The Rise and Fall

Post by GamerKale »

"I'm glad you liked it. Onward to The World then?" Wisdom asked as she pulled her gaming gear out and packed the dishes back up.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

"Let's go" was all leits said, pulling his gear back on, returning to the world. There was a slight pulling sensation in his gut and suddenly he was back. He barely had time to jump out of the way of Wasurenagusa's attack. Wow. She's already at it again.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Of the tapping on his shoulder, Blaze turned to hear the guild shop owners words. "Yeah, no problem. My jacket though, it got scorched by flames. And yeah, she WOULD go on a rampage." Noticing of his player, Blaze took a moment and said out loud, "Hey, what's your name? I'm thinking if you want, we can 'venture together. A Cleric would be great for a Team, hopefully if there is gonna be any events." He sighed at that last part of his sentence. I'm Blaze, the Adept Rogue, you?"
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Goudesh bowed with something of a flourish; "Goudesh, of Exile Intermezzo. Nice to meet you." he turned towards the shop keeper and nodded, who in return began to do something of a bazaar call to attract customers. He then turned back towards the Adept Rouge and gave a small smile. "I suppose a quest or something would be interesting, I haven't gone out and done the regular player thing in a long time. Being a guild master can be trying."

He froze for a minute, indicating he was checking something, then began to move again. "But I would need to go back to my guild field in order to collect my adventuring gear" he tapped at his staff and motioned to Blaze, "I tend to carry this one because I enjoy the look of it, but it's far from my most powerful one."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Ah, Guild aster huh." Looking at the Staff, he nodded at it looks good to look at. "I'm ready when you are, and then, onward."
twilight_keeper

With that response, Goudesh walked over to the chaos gate and warped. A brief while later, he returned brandishing a far more elaborate, yet ungainly staff. Locating Blaze, he motioned upward; "Party up, you have a particular place in mind? With all the craziness going on, there's bound to be something interesting going on right now."

Checking over his equipment again, he nodded to himself, confident with his choices. The cleric seemed prepared to handle any given situation.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

He sent a party invite, "Nothing in particular, just going around. And the craziness, how is it crazy?" Selecting random, they warped to an area of a forrset like enviroment.
There were multiple paths around them, a Sprite Orciana, Blaze lit up the map of where everything is. "Shall I have you lead the way?" He turned his head and smirked upon his face, feeling like a survivor from those Man vs Wild shows.
twilight_keeper

"Far be it from me to think about what's really going on around here, but I'd venture a guess at there's something new and exciting to do, at the very least." Looking around the area Blaze selected, he found it curious that the area was something of a forest. Thinking about previous encounters and experiences with The World, he immediately came to realize something.

"Hey Blaze, what's your level? Something's not right here..."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Little over a hundred. Why ask?" Instinct came in,What, what is this feeling? Looking around, he notices what he was talking about, "Something is....." Blaze glanced up sharply, "Wrong." He readied up his broadsword.
twilight_keeper

It didn't take long for that unsettling feeling to sink in completely. Goudesh knew immediately what this field was before his reason came in to confirm that. Cernunnos. That's the only word that was needed to recall to know where they were. "Then we should be okay...ish. This is an event area, looks like your wishes were granted after all..." he wanted to remain in this subdued jester-like demeanor, but his own uncertainties about the event that this field is used for surfaced.

He took a few steps forward, knowing that the entrance to the area was relatively safe, before turning around one last time. "If you don't think we've got the power to handle this, just let me know. This isn't just some basic event, after all." He spoke, mostly for himself, but he also wanted to be sure that his partner was confident in his own skills enough to be up to the task of the Forest of Pain. "If I recall, the lower levels of the forest are far beyond 100."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Tch, wished for? Events I do want is like a tourniment, something like this like the Forrest of Pain would be only for desired power...wait, a second..(whisper) more power equaling to defeat Balmung." In the case of hearing the last words made his ear twich and turning his head toward Goudesh sheepish when he said weak is more than 100, "You don't say..." animated sweat drop running down his head.
For the safest, they should have stayed. But for like anyother play like Blaze, he stood up one foot on a rock, "I can take chances," posing as he was a capitan of a ship. "By the way, if you asked mine, what's your level?"
twilight_keeper

"125. I never invoked the ire of our winged friend; in fact quite the contrary. However, that won't mean much in terms of clearing the forest; but I can at least keep you from dying, mostly." The Forest of Pain was not something to be trifled with, and Goudesh knew it. He knew it well. Challenging this forest was almost certain death. At the very least it might be worth a few levels, or items. Items that could be sold, items that could be used to change... no that wasn't it. What he wanted lay at the bottom of the Forest. Rumors had milled about for years about the bottom level of the Forest of Pain. Perhaps a piece of the puzzle he sought after was indeed Fortuna embodied here in the most trying of tasks The World had to offer. If IT is at the bottom of this event, then it might very well be worth it after all...

He peered over his shoulder at the posing Adept Rouge and flashed his teeth, a smile worth a million in confidence. "I'm not sure if we can handle this with just two members, but from what I hear it's been done before. So if it's been done before, surely we can do it."

Briefly, he searched a function in his systems. If we really need some additional firepower, I can make use of the Oz function, but attracting that kind of attention to myself is undesirable, at the very least. For that matter, where did the R:1 function command even come from? I know I played back then, with all that insanity that ensued during those days, but still...
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Wisdom delivered the rest of the chocolate cake to the nurse's station before she logged in. Maybe I should give Leo a little space. Not y'know a lot, but a little. Standing near the Chaos Gate, Masaru flipped through her contacts and smiled when she noticed Goudesh online. She often felt they were birds of a feather, both guild masters, both wizards of a kind, and both trying to figure out what was going on with The World. She decided to send him a message.

To: Goudesh
Subject: Hey
Found a new guildie today for The Seven Paths. I'm thinking I might need to hit up an event or something, y'know build up a little camaraderie. Know of any interesting ones?

Should send one to Was too, see what's going on.

To: Wasurenagusa
Subject: Still Alive?
You, Leits, and Reks getting along? You are the senior most member so I trust you are behaving as a reliable sempai should.
twilight_keeper

While he was sitting there outside the forest pondering the meaning of existence and whatnot, a familiar tone played into his head, the sound of mail.

Code: Select all

To: Goudesh
Subject: Hey
Found a new guildie today for The Seven Paths. I'm thinking I might need to hit up an event or something, y'know build up a little camaraderie. Know of any interesting ones?
Oh talk about timing! But four isn't going to work. Hmmmm, two teams of two? I suppose a variant on the old raid system from previous MMO-type games would work out if coordinated correctly. He turned over to Blaze once again and made a short comment about the mail. "Blaze, we might have some viable backup, I'm going to see if they can make it."

Quickly opening the flash-mail system he responded back to Masaru Seven:

To: Masaru Seven
Subject: The Pain in My...
Oh yes, and it's not just any old quest or event either... It's THE event, you know, THAT one. See the subject if you need a hint about the name. Otherwise, that's good news! I haven't heard from you in a while anyway. I was thinking maybe we can do a two-by-two, since I have a partner with me already that dragged me into this mess to begin with.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

That event? Oh, that event. Well there's those three and then Goudesh, whoever he's with, and myself. Two teams of three, that should work. Rather than replying right away she skipped the middleman and took the gate to the Forest of Pain. She waved her staff in greeting. "Goudesh, good to see you. This your protege then?" She pushed her glasses up and studied Blaze, "Looks a little green." Finally she extended her hand to shake Blaze's, "I am the wizard, Masaru of the Seven Paths." Greetings done she shot a message to the entire guild.

To: Wasurenagusa, Leits, & Reks
Subject: The Forest of Pain
Goudesh of Exile Intermezzo is making a run on the Forest of Pain, I'm helping. Whenever y'all are done with whatever you're up to y'all should come join us. Lots of strong enemies and good drops, plus it'll be fun. Was has the keywords.

"There. With luck the rest of my guild will be on their way soon. Two teams of three leapfrogging mobs should be pretty efficient. Or we can just double up against them."
twilight_keeper

Laughing a bit a Masaru's comment about Blaze, Goudesh retorted; "No I'm afraid not, he invited me actually. You know how these things go, make a comment about someone buying something from your shop, then bam, Forest of Pain. Be it far from me to just run away just from seeing the entrance to this place... but the possibility of there being something more to this event than most people would like to admit is enticing, don't you think? More than enough reason for me to want to continue I suppose."

Thinking about the event as a whole, and some of the mysterious circumstances that have surrounded the event in the past, made him somewhat excited about the prospect of finally reaching the bottom. Regaining a sense of composure before speaking again. "So who else is coming then?"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you on that." Masaru stood next to Goudesh and stared out over the forest. "There's no telling what's down there without going. Ah, we died so many times when we found this, didn't we? Ah, but I have a good feeling about this time."

Masaru counted off on her fingers, "Was, the flick reaper girl, she's still obsessing over Virgin Blade. Leits too, probably, he's a blade brandier with an unhealthy obsession with leveling and that's coming from me, you know how many characters I have at the cap, well old cap at this point it seems. And our latest addition, Reks, yeah that Reks. The one from my roommate's notes. I was honestly surprised to find that he was still playing."

"So... what do you think? How do I look as a girl? Or did you not notice?" Masaru asked as she tilted her hat back slightly and watched Goudesh's reaction to the question. Admittedly she didn't think her character looked that different, her clothes hadn't changed and they weren't exactly form fitting, plus she still had the "beard" given her animal aspect was a lynx.
twilight_keeper

"Suitable oddly enough. although your hat looks floppy on you now.. ha ha ha." He had to admit to himself at the very least at first he didn't notice in the slightest. Concerns over state of The World had been filling his mind since he stepped in here, which wasn't much different from his normal status, but even more so at this point. "I would like to point out though, that this dungeon has killed me more than every other event combined. I honestly never even thought about challenging it again. My guild tends to keep me busy enough to avoid thinking about it too much, among other things..."

Those other things were more important at this current juncture. While Exile Intermezzo was a large guild, primarily dedicated to PK victim recovery and looking into The World's mysteries, his own personal journey into those mysteries tended to take the forefront in his own mind. Selfishness can be a dangerous thing, but at least he had the mind to keep it in check. Usually, it just happened to coincide with whatever case the guild happened to working on at the time, although in the current situation, this was not the case. Balmung's reign was not his concern, at least not on the surface. Whatever was behind that was more of a pressing matter to him.

To alleviate the stress his was bringing to his own mind thinking about it, Goudesh decided to plant out another question to the Seven Path's guildmaster. "So what are you currently working on? Anything of particular note?"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Well I should hope I look at least "suitable" as my own gender. And I like it, gives me that slightly off-kilter look that every good wizard should have." Masaru countered good naturedly. "Same here, this thing is a meat grinder, but I always figured I'd come back for it sooner or later, well later rather than sooner, but yeah."

"Oz." She answered gravely and called up the menu. "It's connected to the comas, that much I'm certain of. I just don't know how yet. I've tried everything I could find in this menu. All I can figure is that some aspects of it are locked and hidden until certain conditions are met. I suspect the enemy has access to and/or has hidden the ones I'm looking for from the rest of us. But until I find a lead, all I can do is try to bring down the piece I can see and try to keep as many souls intact as I can. Some people make it very hard to do that though." Masaru said thinking of Leo.

"So, when are you finally going to ask me?" Masaru said, turning to face Goudesh straight on and pushed her glasses up, waiting a couple beats before expounding on the question. "One of the interesting features of this game is that you can be a guild master and still join another guild after all and you know I love a good mystery as much as you."
twilight_keeper

"Oz..." this was the second time that name had come up recently. "So there is something to that function then. How much do you know about it?" Goudesh had a need to know greater than most; or more actually a want to know. Necessity had little to nothing to do with it, other than his own experience with the subject.

"When it comes down to it, I could ask you about joining, but wouldn't that tax your ability to manage your own assets? That and there is the issue of Balmung as well. While I myself have had no altercations with him, it seems many of you have." There wasn't much in terms of tact when that statement was released from his mouth, but his intentions came across clearly. The dry tone of voice betrayed his words, clearly laying bare his distaste for their overlord.