The Cyber Rule

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Haseo_Dude

The Cyber Rule

Post by Haseo_Dude »

The year of 2030, humans have been creating specimens for the "Perfect" race. The "perfect" race was a disappointment, the humans created different beings instead. Many specimens were created by splicing genes and appearances between humans, and as the "Pure Race" humans call, the "others".. Many races other than human and a pure animal, were considered "Freaks". Along that time, humans recreated a few of their own kind with machinery. This has become a failure as well, so the cyborgs were thrown along with the other "freaks". A new rule has been made throughout the world, the "freaks" are separated from the human race. These race have been divided into two cities, "Upper" and "Lower". Humans live in paradise in Upper, while the freaks live down the dumps in Lower, literally.

Unfortunately, Some freaks are allowed in Upper city with their successful ability. Cyborgs are second hand citizens, some are outlawed. to blend in, they have to cover themselves up of whatever they can find and use. Cyborgs can partner up with humans, APPS:
http://headlesschicken.ca/cyborgblog/s4appleseed.jpg Cyborg
along with others, such as cat-humans
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hos ... /24585.jpg. Cat person
and wolfmen and so do lizards
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/e6a ... _451lo.jpg Wolf-human
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/becard_ ... 2.jpg.html Lizard-human
http://www.andysowards.com/blog/assets/ ... peg?b91b38 Wolf-human-werewolf mode

Anyone can have a weapon, or use their own "power', or if your one of those types, you can use your teeth and claws, or atomic breath. If your character is not really THAT human, think of an animal like you are.

No restrictions of character, even you can play as NON-Usable characters.
Last edited by Haseo_Dude on Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GamerKale

Re: The Cyber Rule

Post by GamerKale »

Name: Crash-Override
Race: Cyborg
App: Thank you Shadowrun Returns
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Power: Electrokinesis: Crash has a module installed that allows him to project and absorb electricity. Including emitting and being immune to EMPs.
Bio: Crash woke up, with no memory, in a crashed upper city police vehicle; a number of other vehicles, some police some civilian, were also crashed nearby. He did the only thing that came naturally when the cops started shooting at him, he grabbed a gun, shot back, and started running. Crash eventually found a way down into the lower city where he has been surviving ever since. He sometimes makes runs into the upper city for others who are even less able to blend in or as hired muscle for various undercity gangs or anyone that can pay really. He follows any leads into his origins that he can find but has been mostly unsuccessful finding out only that the electrokinesis module has the Aztechnology, a megacorp in the upper city, logo on it. He's yet to figure out anything else as getting into an Aztechnology facility is easier said than done and he wouldn't know where to start even if he got into one.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Character: Ryu (surname) Kasaki
Race: Cyborg/Human
App:

Code: Select all

[url=http://talesofpictures.free.fr/Fantastiques01/BFantastic14.jpg]Ryu[/url][
/code]
Weapon(s): modified Katana for electricity to flow through. Special custom Colt M119 pistol for bullets. Right arm.
Power(s): Night-vision, allows to see in dark. Ninja-magnetic-run, allows Ryu to run at high speed, great for dodging and parkour. Spark punch, allows Ryu to concentrait in his right arm to let out a powerful electric punch to enemies.
Bio: 2 years ago, Ryu was only human. Ophaned at 15, his parents died in an explosion. When coming home from school, the explosion blew off his arm, made him lose oleg control and blind.  Enhanced at the same year, he has a control pack in his brain to have more use of his body again; along with a few upgrades, and finally has a replacement to his right arm. Having more control over his body, he was sent to Lower city due to his "condition". 
Now, he comes up out Lower to find his parents killer. He meets friends and enemies along his journy.
Last edited by Haseo_Dude on Sun May 18, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Name: Absalom Wisewing
Race: Avian
App: His wings hide on his back while not in use.
Weapon: Hand Talons and Foot Talons, plus a San Cristobal
Power: Subsonic flight night-vision, superior eyesight, however a frail body that cannot take much damage.
Bio: Born a splice experiment his light was less than satisfying and he grew up in lower his whole life. He's never been to upper but in lower every race fights for itself and he had to fight to survive. Acquiring ammunition and learning to fight while flying were necessities. Now Absalom fights Cyborgs, the new kids on the block for food and resources. He damaged his wing in combat and is forced to resort to ground tactics for the time being.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

((More people can join, just say'n))
As Ryu walked down back to Lower from the crowds of Upper, he reads from time to time about the explosion of the Kasaki household; everytime, makes him grit his teeth. "Grr, if I ever find those bastards some time, I'll finally I'll get what I need," he spoke softly then whispered, "revenge." Ryu walked down the steps towards Lower, finding himself back to the 'all you can fight to live' street.

"Somebody stop that guy!" Someone shouted as the person ran passed by. As soon he can close to Ryu, with his head down; Ryu 'clothes-lined' his mechanical arm to the passerby's torso area. Making him fly backward to the ground. Ryu got to one knee and looked down on a bird-like boy with black talons for hands and feet. "May I ask of what's going on here, 'Bud'?"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Crash-Override as I live and breathe." "Hell." He sighed as a burly wolf-man, flanked by two other slightly less built wolf-men, walked up to the cyborg in the YellowFlag Bar. The man put a hand roughly on Crash's shoulder and spun him around on the stool. "What are you doing in my neck of the woods, robot, I thought I made myself clear. I see you again, I'm ripping those fancy arms of yours right off." Crash slowly set his glass of rum on the counter and grabbed the strap of a backpack. He tried reasoning in his low guttural voice, "Just biz, Krieg." One of the flunkies grabbed the glass of rum and poured it over Crash's head eliciting laughter from his friends and a few of the patrons, some of the more regular patrons hurried out.

"Like you said, Crash, this is just business. I can't let you walk out of here after saying that, now can I? You shouldn't have sided with the Black Cats." "Walk." "No, no more overwriting for you. Now you just crash." Krieg's men grabbed Crash's arms and the trio went full on werewolf. Krieg himself raised his fists overhead and went to slam them down on Crash's head. The man kicked in one of the mooks knees and yanked him into Krieg's path while he spun to the other side. The still standing mook threw Crash over the counter and into the shelves of booze on the other side. The bartender yelled, "Hey, you break it you bought it!" Krieg yanked a shotgun off his back and leaned over the counter then threw himself to the ground dodging the cyborg's submachine gun fire, Crash kicked off the counter's steel backing and slid across the ground, firing off a few bursts of fire to discourage Krieg from popping his head up, he clambered to his feet in the back room and ran for the backdoor.

Krieg gave chase, easily catching up and firing into Crash's back. The cyborg ignored the hits and ducked out the exit, he crouched low once out the door and uppercutted the werewolf that came out after him, the second lackey, and sent him sailing through the air and down through the roof of the bar, Crash took a shotgun blast to the chest and fell back, firing his gun into the wolf and tracking after him as he took cover behind the wall of the bar. "Leave." Crash barked as he stood up and replaced his gun's magazine. Krieg responded by charging out the door, grabbing Crash, and if he hadn't been more machine than man his arms would have been ripped out of their sockets in an instant, instead it just hurt a lot. After a few seconds Krieg's body went limp and they both fell to the ground. Crash pat the flames that used to be whiskey out before it could cause any damage to himself and retrieved his bag from behind the door.

Crash looked at himself in a window as he walked down the street. The bleeding had stopped, the shot from the shotgun had been kept from going too deep by subdermal plating, whoever had made him what he now was had wanted him extremely durable, it was the reason he was still alive, but it only made him wonder more who that was. He heard shouting and turned in time to see a somewhat familiar form get dropped to the ground. Crash walked unhurriedly towards them. The package was something from the over city, Absalom had inquired after it a while ago but had been unable or unwilling to meet his price at the time, but he had seen it while up there and decided to get it on a whim.

Crash had been closer than whoever was doing the shouting and arrived shortly before them. "Cred." He stated gruffly in explanation, set the bag in the downed man's hand, and stepped away, not wanting to get involved in whatever it was he had gotten himself involved in.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Before Absalom knew it he felt a cold metallic arm against his chest and landed cold on the floor, his wings slamming into the ground, “You damn clicker!” he shouted in pain his bruised wing in a great deal of pain and the box he held went flying into a wall. He glared up at the cyborg who cold-clocked him and his eyes narrowed. “What the hell are you asking me for bolt-brain? Who the hell gets in someone's business and knocks them down!”

As he was rising another cyborg that he was far more accustomed to dropped a package in his hand. “Is this the paste?” He asked, referring to turmeric paste for his damaged wing. “I said I couldn't afford it you co! Making it credit ain't gonna make it cheaper! Do my words not compute?” He held the package anyway, “I'm taking it anyway! You canners!” He dashed for the box he'd held before and pried it open grabbing the San Cristobal semi inside and checking it for ammunition.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Jesus Christ," as Ryu was moved out of the way when the avian person dashed away as he shouted at a cyborg near them. "That Winged-Rat-Bastard calls me 'Bolt Brains'?" He pointed his finger to him as he ran off opening the box he was thrown to, "Just wait til I get my hands on ya 'Bird-Brains'!" Ryu calmed down and turned around flicking his finger to his head, checking to see if its still human enough. "Hey 'buddy'," Ryu calls 'freaks' 'buds' or 'buddies'. Ryu called out to the other cyborg, "want to get a drink or something to eat? My treat." Ryu held up a sack of credits and other money related material. "Trust me, I don't bite, hard."
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Crash nodded at Absalom's response. He was reminded that his last drink had been wasted on his head. "Wiz." He answered in the affirmative. Crash was kind of curious if Ryu was friends with the fellow who had shouted before. "Chummer?" He looked pointedly and pointed a finger in the direction of an angry looking thug with an obviously cybernetic limb running after Absalom.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

“Oh bite me tin can! My brain's organic, not an AI automated calculator-slash-can opener. Why don't you turn your mic down to zero and go back to the scrapyard!” Absalom pointed the rifle at the cyborg making his way out of the alley and holding the package to his teeth with his freed left hand using his teeth to tear away packaging. “Bitchin' this is just what I needed! Looks like using the droid delivery system is pretty reliable.” He said with obvious cynicism in his voice.

“Oh worms!” He shouted and fired the rifle between the cyborgs at his assailant. “Bugger off clicker!” He hissed and made a few steps back and fired again at Ryu's feet. “Why don't you all trade parts for a few minutes or so?” His talons tapped noisily as he ran out of the alley and into the streets.

“Oi look at Birdo!”

“Ay! He's got a gun!”

“Friggin' birds! A nest a loonies! The lot of 'em!”

'Damn canner friggin' broke my box, How am I supposed to hide this rifle till I get to the nest? Spec Ops is gonna be on my ass!' He lowered his goggles and fired into a window entering a presumably vacant property.
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

At the second bullet, Ryu grabbed his katana sword and slashed the bullet in two, advoinding being hit, Ryu grabed the 'buddy' cyborg and ran with his lightning fast ninja run out of the way to a bar. ?haha, see him go for worms there? He's all bird, no brain." He turn to see if his 'buddy' cyborg got hurt. "You said 'wiz' I'm thinking your screwed up on your voice, hold on a sec." Ryu grabbed his screwdriver and tightened up the throat of the cyborg. "There, all done." He smiled. "Mind telling me your name 'bud'?
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Crash watched Absalom go, his only reaction to take one step back from Ryu. He didn't think the avian would take a shot at him specifically, but he'd already been shot that day and taking a glancing hit was not something he wanted.

When Ryu tried to "fix" him he Crash grabbed the screwdriver and crushed it before Ryu could do any damage. "100%." He said to explain that he had no damage to his voice and released the twisted piece of metal. Crash turned to the bartender, "Scotch." He faced Ryu again when asked about his name. "Crash-Override."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Well Crash, nice to meet ya, I'm Ryu Kasaki. Bartender, make that a double!" Ryu sat next to Crash, admiring he figure. "Got a nice Mod Crash," he drank a glass, "Who made ya? I'm about human, well, was entirely until..." he looked at his arm and felt a jolt move. "Until one of my limbs got blown off, tragic man, tragic. So." Ryu turned, "what's your program?"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

He nodded acknowledgment of Ryu's name. "Aztechnology. Vatjob. Zero ROM." Crash stated to explain he was a heavily cyberized cyborg manufactured by Aztechnology and had amnesia, he sipped his drink. He raised fingers to indicate his professions, "Muscle. Over runner." After a few seconds he lowered both fingers and returned to drinking. Ryu seemed to like to talk, and Crash liked to let people who liked to talk talk.

The bartender refilled Crash's glass when it got low. "Do my eyes deceive me or have you made a friend Override? Hah, I'm kidding, not my business. Let me know if you can get him to string together an actual and whole sentence, Kasaki, I might just forgive your tab." He said as he turned to tend to the other customers.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"Not a problem," Ryu set the money plus a tip. "Later Crash-Overide." Ryu smiled as he walked out the door. "There he is! Get Ryu!" A group shouted as they ran towards Ryu's direction. "Well, ****. Gaaaaah!" He exclaimed as he ran between buildings and hopped over gates while the Bounty Hunters charged right through like sand castles. Ryu was cornered, at the end of the ally. "Dammit, I can't reach that high," he looked above his head seeing a fire exit. Heha, can't run now Ryu, your bounty for $25,000 is ours, get him!" Charging, one of the Hunters a armored lizard takled Ryu, making him cough blood. Luckly, in time before Ryu could pass out after a hard blow to his stomach, he punched a shock of electricity to the belly of the lizard and making him fly back.

"Now its my turn," said Ryu as he unsheathed his sword and impaled another Hunter. "Aw damn, this was my good shirt!" He took out the blade and flung the body aside. He then grabbed his gun in his left hand and pointed at the main Hunter, "Move out of they way, and I'll let you live."

"Not by anychance dumbass, you have been spotted in Upper from time to time. You know your not allowed up ther-" he then had a bullet to the face before finishing his sentence.

"And to think who's gonna stop me?" Ryu said as he walked pass the bodies and putting away his weapons. "Hey I wonder where that bird guy went?" Ryu wondered as he came back on the street and jumped inside a abandoned home.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Crash flagged the barkeep down. He gestured to the retreating Ryu. "Define." "Huh? Oh. Kasaki?" Crash nodded. "Nice enough kid usually, seems like he's got a screw loose though. If he really were just what he says there's no way he'd have as much combat ware as he's got. I think somebody took advantage and played with his brain. Put a chip in there or something that rewired him or he's just feeding us all a line. Kid's got a bounty on him, more than 20K last I heard." Crash raised an eyebrow at that. "Some people take issue with runners, I figure he must of killed somebody's brother or somethin though for cred like that. Dunno who put it out there or if it's just some rumor. Thinking of collecting? He seemed pretty lax around you." "Unknown." "I hear ya, more trouble than it's worth, most like." Crash finished his drink and handed the bartender something for the information. 'Oh, and Override, next time you're upstairs think you could grab something for me?" Crash nodded on his way out. The cyborg decided to start hitting up his contacts and find out as much as he could about Ryu Kasaki. The boy seemed to take a liking to him, he wanted to know just how dangerous that was going to be.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Absalom settled himself in the abandoned house for a few moments tearing open Crash's package and checking it over for viscosity. “Damn, this'll do I guess...” He placed the rifle down and let his wings open up, wincing in pain as he left wing dropped low. He let it wrap around him and undid the bandages. He covered the wound with the paste on both ends and hissed. “Least I don't have to disinfect. Tinner's know their meds.” He re-wrapped his wing and let his wings return to his back. “Gotta figure out how to get to the nest without any more incidents.” He searched around until he heard someone enter the building.

'Son of a clicker... That's a can opener...' He picked up the rifle and hid behind a wall. 'Come on you little clanker! Let me see your face or wherever you have little fleshy bits...' He aimed his rifle at the sound and sighed with exasperation as he saw it was the cyborg from earlier. 'Damn cog...' He whispered and tightened his talon around the trigger. “Back off bolt-brain! I ain't givin' this back so you can tell that chromeboy that this is mine and he's got no need for guns 'n' bullets with his stupid ass robo-arm!” Bullets' whizzed passed Ryu's ears to show off Absalom's marksmanship.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

As he heard a familier voice and bullets flew by his head, Ryu snatched his sword and sliced up the rest of the bullets coming at him. "Damn bird boy, you again? What the hell's your problem?" Ryu then pulled out his pistol and shot the gun at incredible accuracy, jamming it from firing again. "I see your shooting ability, your good, but not so bright." With activating his night vision in the dark room, Ryu cut a rope near him that led to heavy filled boxes from above onto the Avian.

"Now that's over, how about we set a new course. We got off the wrong foot." He picked up Absalom to his feet and dusted him off. Then unjammed his gun and returned it. "I'm Ryu Kasaki, and I'm not all cyborg you think I am."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

“Don't touch me you tin can!” Absalom hissed and took a step back retrieving his rifle. “I don't give a damn who you are Ryu, to me all you half bots are the same. Speakers to talk, hands that shoot, night vision eyes and reticule pupils. I was experimented on and not for the better either. I have hollow bones and talons for hands, until this wing heals up I'm grounded. And that's until upper decides to shut down all of us lowers. Except for you scrap works. They're gonna weaponize you and make you their special little freak force. Us Avians don't get that pretty little advantage we get put in little cages and are told to sing a damn song. So before you tell me you're not the cyborg you I think you are, you can just stop right there. Because. I. Don't. Care. Not at all, in fact, you can't even fathom the amount of “I-don't-care” that I currently possess. Even if your brain were a super computer dedicated to calculating the most advanced mathematical, scientific equations on a daily basis you couldn't calculate the amount of “Caring” I possess for your stupid cause.”
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"That damn bird.." clenching his fist was making a electric pulse run down his arm. "If you get me a chance to say that all cyborgs are NOT exactly alike! I was human once, then my arm got blown up. That changed my life and how i lived it ok?!" Ryu turned around, "You want that wing fixed? It costs money, do what you want, cause I'm leaving."
he walked out then turned his head, "I thought you and I get a fresh start, know what I'm say n'? I'll give you a hint of the money case, try to catch me if you can, I got a bounty on my head. See ya around, and look out that window there. That's MY mess I made." Ryu then ran and jumped out the building and made a run for the building tops.