.Hack//A New World

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

.Hack//A New World

Post by KiteXX »

They were everywhere, everywhere and nobody knew.

A complete immersion, was what was intended with .hack//A New World. The game had finally come out, and Hiro couldn't wait for it. He had loved Haseo and Kites stories, he wanted nothing more than to experience it. No beta had been released, and he bought it the moment it was released, he rushed home, and installed it to his hackcube. Then, he took his first steps into The World.

Characters:
Name:
character name:

Name: Hiro
Character Name: Hiro
Class: steam gunner
GamerKale

Re: .Hack//A New World

Post by GamerKale »

Name: Ben
Character Name: Aegis
Class: Adept Rogue (Blade Brandier/Harvest Cleric(Locked))
App: Pre Job Extension Post Job Extension
Bio: In any game that allowed for character creation Ben always played through it the first time with one character before the others, he called her Robin. A paladin-esque soldier. However, when he tried to use that name for .hack//A New World it was already taken, but he had already gone through all of the other character gen steps and didn't want to wait any longer to jump in so he instead went with Aegis. He didn't really think about the fact that he would be under full immersion as a girl when he was making the character.

Personal Courage Spell: "It's not crazy to be awesome."

Pre Job Extension(Fury Mode): Aegis's hair seems to catch fire and levitate behind her, almost as if she is moving through water. It gives all of her stats a 20% boost. Also gives her a damage over time fire aura that she can copy onto allies with heals and buffs. Any enemies she strikes with an offensive spell or skill suffer from this effect for several seconds.

Player Name: Wisdom
Character Name: Masaru Seven
Race: Lei Tribe
Class: Shadow Warlock
App: A tall lynxesque man with blue tinted glasses, but otherwise dressed like Vivi.
Bio: Ben's roommate. A normally very studious girl, her parents would kill her if they found out she played computer games and watched anime, but she loves them and was a huge fan of the .hack// franchise. She's actually the one who convinced Ben to give it a try. She named her character after her favorite character from .hack//The Movie The Other Side of the World and went with a male beastman to avoid getting harassed like girls sometimes do. Knows Isaac/Nyx by association but is by no means as close with him as Ben. When Ben fell into a coma she found the notes he had been keeping about the events surrounding Mila Dint, Hiro, and the Key of the Twilight. Armed with these she is determined to get her roommate back, otherwise she won't be able to make rent after all and the chance to become part of a real Key of the Twilight hunt is just too good to pass up.
Last edited by GamerKale on Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Name: Lind
character name: Virgin BIade the Bloody Sonia (Virgin BIade)
Class: Shadow Warlock
Appearance: The Chaotic PK!
Bio: There's no Biography! I play to kill! I desire nothing but fear and terror from my enemies! Ah ha ha ha ha ha! I'll drop the freaking moon on you!
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

(One more and I'll get this going!)
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Name: Alex
In game name: Reks
class: adept rogue (blade braindier /twin blade locked/ tribal grappler locked)
Appearance: http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/41f ... 283168.jpg
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

[Logging in...verifying password....building...]

"WELCOME TO The World!" A voice rang out, however Hiro just skipped the cutscene, too eagerly get in and actually start on his own story. His character materialized, and suddenly disappeared. "What the?" His voice rang out around the chaos gate. "Oh wicked...it's first person operated." He stated looking down at the rest of his body. There, attached at his waistline was a small wrapped box with a bow on it, and interacting with it, caused a message to play in his ears, "would you like to open?" "Yes" he replied, seeing how none of his keystrokes worked in affirmation. {Charophone acquired!} "This is your charophone,"the voice explained, "it contains your characters contact information for forming parties and messaging friends when in The World. Would you like to view the tutorial?" "No, let's just hop right in." And suddenly, the rest of the town appeared around the chaos gate. Mac Anu reborn. And then he felt it kick, and with a jolt, he was no longer just holding his keypad and visor. He was literally IN the game. He practice d logging in and out, and each time there was no problem with returning to his real body at all. Hiro smiled, it was time to play. He forced the large doors open, revealing himself to the world. It really was full immersion. Everything looked and sounded real, he could even feel the weight of the rifle on his back. He walked around Mac Anu trying to formulate a map in his mind. That's when he bumped into....
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Kyousuke: hmmm okay and presto! ( he hits the log in button and soon he is completely immersed into the world

------

System: initializing welcome back to the world Reks

Reks: ( he appears at the warp gate) aaa ( he stretches his arms into the air) oh right ( he opens up his characters inventory) hmm I did get that new sword from that last quest I went on ( he equips his new sword ) oh wow it really is amazing here the smell in the air I really do feel like I'm a part of this world...now then what should I do today... Hmmm( he walks off into town) maybe I'll go check out the shops today I can probably sell my old sword I wonder who's online today? Maybe Aegis? So knows
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"WELCOME TO The World!" A voice rang out, Ben did not skip the cutscene. Somebody had gone to the trouble of making it and he had time. He went over a couple tutorials that took a short bit, "Huh, feels a little weird, I guess proportions are a little different. It's all pretty intuitive though." And then Ben was gone, and Aegis stood in Mac Anu.

Let's see, should see if I can upgrade my equipment any and grab a potion or two or whatever the equivalent is here before I jump into a fight. "S'cuse me." Aegis said as Hiro bumped into her, but she didn't really slow down or even look at him. She just put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him aside lightly to keep her heading for the shops.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He felt aegis' hand against his body as though it really was there, and he blushed when his thoughts took a darker turn. " ah! Wait! Hey!! Wanna party up?" He laughed lightly, "we could have more fun that way!"
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

After a second Aegis realized she was the one being addressed and stopped, turned to study Hiro, and shrugged. "Sure, why not?" She pulled out her charophone and sent him an invite, it went smooth, just like the tutorial until it was Hiro's turn to accept the invite. "You... didn't go through the tutorial, did you?"
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He sighed, "it was that obvious?" He kept searching through his charophone passing by obvious things like status and equipment, until finally a voice sounded in his head, "Aegis would like to party with you! Accept?" "Yes" "would you like to save member address?" He thought about it, but decides not to, he would ask permission for this if she allowed out. He.decided to put off asking her about it until after their first mission. "How about a quest?" Hiro asked, pointing at an npc, but then suddenly the man behind the counter leaped over towards him, " din't nobody teach ya menners? Don point at peeple!" He stated as he wagged a finger in Hiro's face. "Uhh... I'm sorry!"
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Reks: (he arrived at the quest shop next to them) hey can I join you two? I mean if you wouldn't mind of course ( he takes a second to look at th two) so how about it I'm sort of new this is my third day playing...so what do you say? I promise I dont bite!
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Most guys wouldn't have bothered. Who needs instruction manuals, right?" Aegis offered up as an excuse for him. "Hiro, eh? That supposed to be ironic or something?" Aegis turned at the voice. I seem to be attracting people like moths to the flame. Hopefully without the burning to death. "Well the tale is called the three musketeers, not two. I'm cool with it, Hiro?" She turned to her party member and waited to send the invite until she got affirmation from him.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He apologized repeatedly until finally the npc stomped back Into the quest shop. "Ironic? What do you mean?the only way i would be ironic is if i was made of iron...but no I don't mind at all, more people means we can take on harder quests!" Just as he finished his sentence, two npcs walked out of the quest shop, and one was the npc from earlier, "I'm done! I quit!" He yelled, throwing his hat down, "find someone else else for your stupid job!" He stomped away before the other npc character could even speak. " I wonder what that was..." Hiro whispered to himself. "I've never seen an npc behave that way."
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Reks: ( he watches the interaction between the npcs and he laughs) this world is so interesting and full of life so then extra tough question is! ( he sends them both his character information as he wraps his arms around them both) allright 3 musketeers it is! So what quest should we take on...lets take down a super tough monster! How about this one ( he scrolls through the menu) I'm just looking to grind right now And maybe get alittle bit of a better sword
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Fine by me. Best way to improve is to forge oneself in the fires of battle, no?" Aegis said and selected the quest Reks had indicated. "So, you're a swordsman too? You a blade brandier like me? Or one of those that use both hands? I was thinking about seeing if they had anything I could afford that's better than this starter gear in the shops, you happen to know?"
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Hiro smiled wildly, something told him that this interaction was meant to be. Then, when they had chosen to hunt the monster Golzmorro, the game seemed to glitch, with a large swish soun0d that all three noticed, the quest became, find Oz. Hiro stared at Reks and Aegis, wwho had also jumped in surprise. "Hey...try accepting another quest." However each time a new quest was accepted, it was removed, leaving only Find Oz. Something was definitely wrong. The npc smiled and said "You're going to hell Ben, Hiro, and Kyosuke." "What?" Hiro asked surprised, " I said good luck on yer quest." The shop keep stated. Confused the musketeers checked their quest information again, yet only found, Golzmorro: hunt.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Did that npc just use my real name? Not even my full real name. Aegis checked Reks's name. It was Reks, not Key-whatever. If it had just been her name she probably would have thought she misheard it especially since Hiro's name had been used. "Maybe it's a glitch. Hiro, did you use your real name as your character name?" Aegis took a deep breath and studied the npc for a minute. "I'll be right back guys, I need a drink." Ben tried to log out for a minute and pour himself a glass of scotch.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Hiro blushed, "I'm not good with names." But before he could even finish his sentence aegis disappeared. {Party dissolved by party leader}. Hiro looked to Reks, "wait...don't tell me you're Kyosuke? Or are you Ben? Or...or am I Ben? But wait...those were...aegis is a man?!?"
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Reks: ( he looks at hiro's reaction) wait you couldn't tell she's totally a dude...that's the Internet for you plus she asked if I was a swords"man" it's pretty common place for lots of people to role as different gendered character I bet you one of the guys around here is without a doubt a female...yep I'm Kyousuke and to answer your earlier question before all of that weird stuff happened I'm a single sword user blade braindier at the moment for swords I would check out this awesome shop I found yesterday that specifically specializes in swords for players like us