Pretankeras Infinitas Round Two! (Reboot!!!)

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

onimi18

Re: Pretankeras Infinitas Round Two! (Reboot!!!)

Post by onimi18 »

Akima gave slight nods of welcome to Joshua and Cato as they introduced themselves. They were certainly turning into a motley crew. The fact that Cato had personally known Dr. Fielding, even slightly, could prove to be a boon to them all.

"Actually, Akima is preferred," Akima replied to Joshua. "Ms. Alders is a bit too formal for my taste."

Not to mention it identifies me as an Alders, and not my own person.

A tinge of relief came to her when Jess seemed to be willing to call a truce, and in return she gave Jess a welcoming nod as well. Honestly, Akima held no ill will towards Jess. That said, if she didn't tow the line, Akima would have no choice but to arrest her. She examined her own watch, which she had grabbed from her room, and activated it. Instantly, her forearm was encased in a hard-light gauntlet. She grinned slightly at the familiar tech. This was much more refined, though, than the Wrist Comps that served as standard issue for Black-Ops personnel. And it was neatly tucked away in a standard-looking watch! She deactivated the device before looking to Lyreth and saying, "It says a lot about this mission that we are being given tech that hasn't even left R&D. Just how much of DI's resources is the Director willing to spend on Dr. Fielding's return?"
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Joshua: ( he smiles) yeah okay than Akima it is..( he looks at the device again as Akima talks about it) yeah it really begs the question what the hell was the old man thinking he just up and disappeared didnt even say goodbye to anyone he just left...and he left nothing well there was notes apparently but that didnt help any...why..where did you go....Father.. *sigh* so are we given a day to adjust to our new living situation or is shadow just going to throw an assignment at us right away?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

(Excuse my lack of connection... I might guess that i can do this...)
Stepping in, making loud steps as if one would be wearing heels; Shinra was already wearing a watch--As if he had already been introduced-- 'He's late... Late late late... I hope he doesn't makes us hear hours of an introductory manual' Speeding up the pace he picked up a plate that already had half a sandwich on it, he took a bite and trashed the rest of it. Fixing his glasses and smiling a bit, looked at the rest "Weird... Nobody here was late... Good."

He sat on a chair in the middle of the room and started overhearing conversations at random, hoping to find an interesting one.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Without looking up at the newcomer she said, "Somebody is late." Jess grabbed a knife and leveled it at Shinra admonishing him, "You are late and you have committed a terrible sin. Lyre went to the trouble of cooking for all of us and you just wasted one of her perfectly good sandwiches. If you weren't going to finish it you should have offered it to somebody else. Baka." She noticed a spark at the edge of her field of vision. "Oh crap!" She hastily applied the knife to something in her watch and a jolt of electricity went through her body, making her hair, actually her hair was already on end, so it didn't really leave any visible side effects asides from a spasm running through her entire body. Jess pounded against her sternum a couple times coughing, "That was almost really bad."
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

"Do not worry, the night animals are hungry and i'm the one feeding them... That's what i always do... So, i'm not wasting it, just feeding the crawlers..." Noticing the person's spasm, Shinra looked away in an arrogant manner "Plus... I'm sure someone will eat it if the animals don't" With a small sigh, Shinra crossed his legs and signaled at the door "He's late"
onimi18

Post by onimi18 »

Akima's eyes immediately focused on the new comer. She too was a bit off-put by the strangers seeming waste of food. She was curious to see if Jess would follow through on her unspoken threat with the knife in her hand when the young woman was overtaken by spasms.

"And you are?" Akima asked the stranger, while keeping one eye on Jess.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Ohhhhh kayyyyyy." Speaking quietly with eyes wide, like she was dealing with a rabid dog. Oh god, they've teamed me up with a crazy man. Jess carefully placed the knife in the sink, Out of sight, out of mind, that's how that works for them, right?, she slowly moved over to where Akima was sitting and sat down next to the assassin, almost bumping elbows with her, eyes never leaving the new guy until she was sure she could duck behind Akima if he made any sudden moves towards her. "I'm fine by the way. Nobody jump the line to ask or anything." Jess said sarcastically as she held a button down on her wristband, rebooting her VR glasses, and then returned to exploring the watch's construction, periodically turning a wary eye to the man.
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

(edit made to change Lyreth's age and to throw in Vener's character sheet. Lyreth's age changed to 24)

Lyreth giggled as she took in what was happening. "Your all quite the funny bunch. I'll be joining your team. Its boring to stay here and be safe all the time. Shadow wants to give us some time to get to know each other. His biggest fear is sending out an unrelated team of agents." Lyreth looked around the room. We do have quite the diverse team. Do you really think these peeps and I can find Jasper? Lyreth though as she looked up as the door to the group's home opened again. Through the door stumbled a pink haired girl. With a squeak a suitcase flew from her hand and landed on one of the sofa's in the living room. The girl had apparently fallen on her face upon entering the house. She got up with an embaressed look on her face and in a shy way took a seat on one of the bar stools at the counter. "Hi everyone! my name is Vener!" The Octumas said as she hesitantly took a few of the pancakes from one of the platters and poured some syrup and butter on them. She then stabbed her fork in the pancakes and started eating.

Lyreth looked up in surprise when Vener sat at the table. Why had her daughter been assigned to this team as well? With a grin she watched Vener closely.

Name: Vener Azluna
Race: Octumas
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: neon pink hair that goes down past her shoulders. Likes to dress casual,
Powers: Psychic Focus Level one: Allows the user to focus the mind to be more aware of the minds of other entities around them. Allows limited influence of two minds around the target. User may push suggestion onto the target and urge they do something. With greater practice it is more effective.

Tentacle Combat level 1: Allows the Octumas to wrap up an enemy with it's tentacles. This power requires touch to work and the target must be withing in grabbing range. The user is also able to restrain the target for short period's of time. However, if enough force is applied the target may break out of the hold.
Notes: Easily embaressed. Vener has grown up at Division Infinity and as a result has not been outside of the organization's home base all that much. She has limited exposure to the outside world. Has an usually positive personality. Event though her parents are rather important inside Division Infinity; Vener wants to make her own name by going out on missions. She's very excited to learn about the outside world. Vener is the Daughter of Lyreth and Shadow. Vener likes to read and as a result is most of the time found reading something. Is extremely shy and innocent.
Job: Field Researcher. This job is composed of finding out things about missions and taking down new findings for Division Infinity. Instead of the job granting cool skills. The agent over time becomes more knowledgable of what may be faced on missions. Surroundings, lore, that kind of stuff.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Jess looked up at Vener's introduction, she did not see an octumas teenage girl, but "PINKIE PIE!" Jess shouted, all fear of the crazy guy forgotten, she darted across the room and glomped Vener. "Never thought I'd run across a real live humanoid Pinkie. Tell me you're here to stay."
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

With the newcommer on scene, Shinra easily got away from the mad population of 2. He walked away slowly to the trash, picked up the half-eaten sandwich and glanced at the girl who had asked before who was him, that was still on the table.

He sat next to her and put the sandwich on the table, with a kind of provoking tone said "If your friend really hates wasting food; then she can eat it, it's not rotten yet" Smiled and poked the sandwich in a funny matter "And it's still soft" With the smile still on his face, he fixed his glasses and looked at the newcommer-- And her new admirer
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Vener was shocked at the sudden hug and she hugged Jess back as a blush appeared on her face. The girl didn't get hugs often so she was a bit unsure as of what to do. "I-Im here to st-stay. Its nice to meet you..miss." Vener said as she looked down at the ground.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Yayyyy!" She cheered, completely oblivious to what Shinra was saying and doing. "Jessabell Winters, but you can call me Connie." Jess supplied and pulled a bar stool up next to Vener and started talking a mile a minute. "What anime's do you watch? I've got an awesome collection, including H, I can send you a link to a folder if you need it or we can just marathon some later. I've got all of Whedon's work too. They are a must if you haven't seen them yet. Oh wait, before that, we have to trilogy, I've got the best versions."
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Vener was at first a bit overwhelmed by jess's quick conversation. But she relaxed some when anime was brought up. "I watch just about everything. I really like comedy animes. Mom doesnt let me watch h anime. She says i dont need to know about that stuff yet..also whats a pinkie pie?" Vener asked as she tilted her head.

Lyreth frowned at shinra when he threw the food in the garbage. Upon him taking it out of the can she grinned and walked over to the bar and stood a across from the boy. "Ive a better idea. If your sooo sure the food isnt bad yet... Why dont you eat it?" As Lyreth said this she suddenly shoved a fork full of the re plated food into the unsuspecting shinra's mouth.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Pssh, what she doesn't know won't hurt you. Besides you're going to find out about it some day, better a friend show you what is good and wholesome entertainment and what is best avoided. Pinkie is best pony. You totally look how I've always imagined her if she were human. We should totally go to a con. We'll make you look a little more like everypony's favorite party pony, get you a dress with candy and balloons on it. And I could make for a fantastic Rainbow Dash. Don't you think? I mean, obviously I'll need to get some contacts but that's no big thing."
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Vener smiled at the mention of going to a convention. "That sounds like fun! I havent ben to a con before. Rainbow dash is pretty great. Youd make a great one! So what kinds of anime should I avoid? Ooh! A dress would be fun! I havent worn one in awhile but itd be fun to do so for cosplay!" Vener was happy she had a nee friend. It helped her not be so nervous. Vener was however still squeezing the small teddy bear she was holding in her left hand. It seemed childish, but the cream colored bear helped to keep her calm. Veners parents had given it to her when she was eight.

One of Vener's tentacles crawled out from under her shirt and grabbed a biscuit, dipped it in the bowel of honey that was on the bar and brought it up to Vener's mouth. She nibbled hungrily on the biscuit. Honey was one of her favorite things.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Quick a fast reflex, Shinra stepped back and kicked the fork out of the girl's hand-- just the fork, upright direction. Spitted the food on the girl's feet in an insulting way "I said i wasn't hungry anymore, or are you a wild thoughtless animal who only thinks about looking for trouble?" Shinra frowned and extended his hand, catching the fork on the right instant and pointing it at the girl "Refrain from fighting your own crew, for the enemy is out there. Or do you want to end up like Jasper?" Spinning the fork with his index and middle finger, he made a final spin with his pinkie followed by throwing it up "Oh... And please do not stick on other people's bussiness" With the right succesion he spinned to his left followed by a reversal kick, passing right in front of the girl's face and hitting the fork; nailing it into the wall "Tch..." He fixed his glasses, turned away and walked to the nearest table
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Honestly, I've never been to a con either," Connie shot a glance in Akima's direction stating in a more subdued tone, "circumstances always kind of got in the way," she returned to looking at Vener cheerfully, "but I really wanna go. Everypony I've ever chatted with has said that they're a lot of fun and the cosplays look awesome." Jess ate a mouthful of Vener's pancakes, with Vener's fork. She wagged a finger admonishingly. "You can't just say these kinds of anime are bad, you've got to take each of them on a case by case basis." She grabbed the tentacle with both hands when she noticed it and started looking it over. "Ooh, cool. Wish I had something as useful as tentacles, I could do so many things if I did. I just turn into a trike, upside I've gotten pretty good at sewing dresses together so I can totes make you one too. We just need to go get some material." She squeezed the tentacle lightly, "Just how sensitive are they? Like when I'm touching them is it like when you get touched on the arm or are they more sensitive like fingers? Or is it more sensitive at the end than the rest of them?"
BishounenNerd

Post by BishounenNerd »

Cato had suddenly been lost in thought for a while, but then he when he finally looked up, he caught a glimpse of the spectacle that unfolded. Jess was hugging and getting buddy-buddy with what appeared to be a young Octumas girl. He didn't smile often but this was one instance where he did. Then, he turned his attention to Lyreth and... Another new face that had walked in just moments ago. Lyreth had just shoved food in his face. He had never seen anything like it. And then, he kicked the fork out of her hand, spat food on her feet, and then threatened Lyreth with it, after which he threw it up into the air before finally kicking it again, sending it flying at the wall. Cato was used to a quiet life, and found out rather quickly that he wasn't used to seeing this much action. It was a surprise to him. Nervously, he dropped his fork on the plate, his jaw gaping a bit.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

( sorry sorry I'll try to get on more often school is killing me)

Joshua: ( he slowly cleans up the mess) it's really not nice to waste food my friend simply use the garbage if your not hungry or give the food to someone who is hungry....( he continues to pick up the mess and dispose of it properly) the only one fighting there own crew is you I'm not particularly a big fan of violence so please refrain from acting like that while around me thank you ( in truth he wanted to smack shinra in the mouth for acting like that and even bringing up Jasper's name in that manner but as a doctor he controlled himself and he glances over at the newcomer octumas girl) it's nice to meet you miss Vener welcome to our humble little club of misfits! ( he smiles as it looks like everyone except for shines start to get along and once he finishes cleaning up shinras mess he sits back down) thank you for the food Lyreth ...so Akima ( he looks over towards Akima) why don't you join our little conversation? mister grumps over there has no interest in Any of us clearly and those two are pretty much engaged in a conversation of their own. Afterall were all just getting to know each other
onimi18

Post by onimi18 »

Akima glanced at Shinra and raised a single brow. She was not impressed by this creep. Maybe it was because she was somehow protective of Jess, and this man upset her. Or maybe she too felt he had a terrible disregard for food. Either way, it took a great deal of restraint to take him down.

Looking over at Jess, she was bonding rather well with Vener, though the glance she threw Akima's way was unreadable. Did she still hate her? Did Akima even care if she did or did not?

Joshua pulled her out of her thoughts, though, so she said, "Forgive me. I seem to be lost in thought. It's obvious this team is nowhere near ready to work together." She glanced towards Jess with an almost sad look, and then looked to Shinra with an insulted look before returning to Joshua and saying, "There appear to be some terrible first-impressions that need to be resolved."