Conduit

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Conduit

Post by Kaori »

2018, several years after the events in New Marais, the United States Government declared all Conduits, Humans with Special Abilities, as Bioterrorists, to combat them, the Government created the DUP, or Department of Unified Protection, an organization dedicated to hunting down Conduits, these men and women would hunt down anybody who showed signs of having the conduit gene and round them up, if they refused, they were terminated, the city of Millennium City has been on lockdown for sometime due to it being a hotspot for Conduit activity, many of the Conduits have started a Resistance group known as the First Son's, Battles rage in the streets between The first sons and the DUP almost every week, you thought you had no part in that, until the day your powers awoke....

Rules: You can have any power, but it can only be one power, it can have many uses, but it's just one power.

Template
Name:
Power:
App: (Description or Picture would do fine)
Bio:
Zorolo

Re: Conduit

Post by Zorolo »

Name: Zachary
Power: Reshaper: Zorlo can reshape pieces of metal he holds into weapons. Generally, these weapons are daggers, small metal spears, darts and the like. He requires an amount of metal enough to create something of equal density to the thing he is holding (so a pipe could become a small spear, but not a needle).

Appearance:

Weapon: He carries a sword he has worked on perfecting with pieces of steel over time. It is now as good as he can get it.

Sword:

Biography: A man with little more ambition than to sit around and play video games. As years went on, he figured out that he could reshape pieces of metal. At first, this proved useful for fixing wires and adjusting pipes, but he slowly learned that it had combat applications as well.

Despite the combat ability his powers provide, he has very little combat training or experience aside from basic use of weapons.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Template
Name: Abel Tyndale
Power: Explosion: Abel can cause anything he touches to explode using his mind as the trigger. Abel himself is unaffected by his explosions.
App: I don't bite, I go boom.
Bio: Born and raised in Millennium City, to a mother whose name he does not know and a strict hard working father, Abel was little more than a figurine in his family. The star was his older brother Adam, handsome, intelligent and athletic, Adam was a born leader and a figurehead of the small community Abel called his own. Adam married a beautiful, quiet woman who absolutely adored him, and became a detective, working alongside the DUP and investigating potential conduits before they joined the First Son’s movement. Abel was not so lucky, a mediocre student, a mediocre athlete, Abel’s talents were more artistic, and disappointing to his father. Because of his relationships, Abel has difficulty with authoritative figures, and with respect and trust. Abel can be belligerent and chauvinistic. In a fight with a young gentleman, Abel learned his power when an explosion took off the head of his combatant. Since the incident, Abel has stood away from the DUP and especially his brother.
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Name: Alissa "Alis" Archer
Power: Electric related powers, which include Electromagnestism and Electrokinesis
App: Image
Bio: A courier who does her work to pay her rent, she was very unfortunate to have been caught in a battle between the DUP and the First Sons, it was during the battle that her powers awakened and she fended off both the DUP, she's currently on the run from the DUP.
((I'll get this started up when I feel less down, feel free to post ahead if you will))
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

(I shall. I hope you feel better, m'dear. Hasseo, can you use another color. I can't quite read your character)

Zachary stared outwards from his position behind the barricade. It was only temporary. He needed to rest and regain his strength. He was running to avoid the conflicts. Both sides were to blame… but one side definitely had superior numbers. THe DUP was coming after the super powered for no reason. What jerks. Still, the First Sons had no real end game but survival… the red-haired boy sighed.

For now, he'd watch over his small base in the sewers. He needed others… but he hadn't seen anyone in days. For now he'd rest… his body was heavy and he was tired… man things were sucking… how bothersome.

He laid against a wall and watched quietly. He couldn't sleep, not yet… not now. He had to stay awake… just a bit longer.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

((Das is betta? Ya?))

Abel rubbed the tip of a cigarette before drawing it to his mouth. A small explosion and he inhaled; he blew out a ring of smoke and held the cigarette at his side. In his pocket, his cellphone vibrated once. Abel knew Adam was texting him. Adam was the only person who cared and it bothered the hell out of him. “Dad doesn’t give a crap… so why should I go back?”

Abel checked the phone, and indeed Adam sent him a text, asking him to go back home, about the danger present on the streets. Their father did not respond when Abel left over a month ago. He dropped Abel’s phone off the contract, only for Adam to turn up and pay it off. “Go to hell…” Abel turned off the phone’s screen and jammed it back in his pocket, once more drawing the cigarette to his lips. “The First Sons…” Abel stared at the graffiti on the walls of the alleyways. They were growing now, everyone knew it, and as a conduit, Abel knew they were the thorn in Adam’s side that kept his caring brother from scouring the streets for him.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis was going through the streets, on her were her backpack and hood, the DUP was scouring the streets for Conduits, and the last thing she wanted was to catch their attention, they were already hauling off Conduits as she walked past, a woman and her child was being herded into an APC, Alis didn't want to do anything to bring attention on herself, earlier that week, she had found out she was a Conduit and had since been in the run, sleeping in rooftops, she took up a class on Urban Exploration so her skills at Parkour and Climbing came in handy, she had been living off food she had gotten from her apartment, she knew she can't go back, leaving the city is also out of the question due to the quarantine imposed on the city, and swimming out of it was out of the question due to the fact she'll get electrocuted, as she continued to walk, she noticed a UAV, the DUP used UAV's to scan area's for Conduits, she then fled to an alleyway, unfortunately, some DUP soldiers saw her and went after her, she ran as fast as she could, till she found out the Alley was a dead end, she turned around and saw the DUP soldiers, guns pointed at her, "Freeze!" yelled one of them, she raised her hands up, two of them approached her, but before they could touch her, she fired off bolts of Electricity, she took down two, there were two others with their guns ready, she hid behind a garbage can as they opened fire, she then focused some of her electricity into an orb shape in her palm, then threw it at the soldiers, it exploded, releasing electricity and knocking out the soldiers, she then ran out of the alleyway, good timing, since more DUP personnel were converging on the location.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

“Freeze!”

Abel heard the scream of a soldier, and the fire of guns. “Dammit!” Before he could think an explosion reverberated the area. “Gotta move, gotta get out.” Abel dropped the cigarette and ran. UAVs hovered over the area, “Son of a ****! I’ll blow his head off myself if I catch that ass!” He traced his finger along the alley walls as he ran through the mad maze. Suddenly he collided, he stood and she did not fall either, another conduit. A girl with ribbons in her hair who did not bat an eyelash as her feet moved, and her body danced passed him as though he were stationary.

“Whoa.”

Abel turned to follow her, “Are you a renegade? Like one of those Conduits that works against the DUP?” Abel asked, his body was surprisingly in shape for a smoker who lived on the streets of Millennium. He stole cigarettes and food, and slept in dumpsters, but never once did the girl escape his sight, unfortunately Abel was in the now a target to the DUP. A bullet whizzed past his head and he once more traced his finger on the walls. Suddenly the first line he drew exploded and nearly topped the building, a small shockwave shaking the air.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis ran as fast as her feet could carry her, she was used to running long distances thanks to her former job as a courier, she dashed past many startled pedestrians, when she realized she was being followed, "Get away from me!" she yelled, however gunfire was raining down on them from the sky, Alis looked up to see a helicopter, she ran into a nearby subway tunnel to avoid it, upon inside, she then hopped on one of the rails. using her Electric abilities, she "rode" on the rails and into the tunnels.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Abel followed her relentlessly, “Wait dammit!” He coughed, but did not let his target escape, following her until the sky rained fire on them He ran in an erratic patterned, following her right into the subway behind her. He rolled down the stairs making sure to protect his head. As he rolled onto his feet, he detonated his pathway down. A massive explosion filled the tunnel and the vibrations from the blast blew his coat black, and shattered light bulbs, leaving him in the dark and unable to track down his target, “Hey girly! I have questions for you so do me a solid and just stop running!”

((Side note, on my phone I accidentally click your sig and then get redirected and was confused for the longest time.))
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

The violent shake of artillery… followed by the sounds of… a current? An electrical current at that. He knew that there were some subway tunnels above, but he hadn't headed up that far… fear of death prevented that. THe man grasped his sheathed sword and moved towards a nearby ladder and paused. "Okay, is what I'm doing smart? If no, then don't," he told himself as the threw caution to the wind and climbed the ladder. It was just a matter of finding the Subway tunnels from there.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis stopped upon making sure that there was nobody following her anymore, she was all alone now, she then continued to "ride" on the rails until she reached another station, there were no people in it, and she left the station, she found herself in the Narrows, a district of the city full of Transients and the unwanted, like Alis, she then entered a motel and asked for a room, after entering her room, she then collapsed on the bed and went to sleep.

*DUP Headquarters, USS Nimitz*
A group of DUP operatives were in the briefing room, in front of them was a man in a DUP uniform, he was their commander, " at 0300 hours today, a Conduit managed to evade our forces in the Neon district, she was followed by another Conduit, we don't know if they're working together, all we do know is that there a possibility that they are in the Narrows, we don't have much of a presence there due to it being First Sons territory, so, a small squad will be sent in to capture the Electric Conduit." said the commander, "But sir, why so much trouble for a Conduit with Electrical abilities?" asked a DUP operative, "The Prime Conduit responsible for the events in Empire City and New Marais shared the same abilities, and he was able to decimate entire gangs, there were even reports that he could cause lightning storms and tornadoes, so a Conduit with those abilities should be brought in before any catastrophic damage can be done." said the commander, nobody asked any questions after that, they then got ready.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

The Narrows. How he had wound up there, he wasn't really sure. His sword was strapped to his back and he was moving through quietly. Those who knew him knew that he had some skills with a blade. Aside from that, even fewer knew he could tinker with metallic objects. He'd been forced out from underground and would need a new base now… Things were definitely getting interesting now. Clearly, the military had some kind of plan… but what it was, he wasn't quite sure yet. He'd have to observe and be careful.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

*The Narrows*
The night proceeded on in the Narrows, while Alis slept, the squad covertly entered the district via airdrop, the place was teeming with First Sons Conduits and supporters, the squad was on their own for this, as they moved, there were using a special device to locate Alis, they found her in the motel, they entered through the back and killed anybody who got in their way, as they approached the door to her room, they prepared to breach it.... *BAM!* as they knocked down the door, they found the room empty, the window wasn't even open, they checked under the blanket and found what was misleading them, a blast core, a source of power for Conduits, "This is Whiplash 1 to command, negative on the target, but we have recovered a blast core." said one of them on radio, "copy that Whiplash 1, return to HQ with the Blast Core then.", the squad then left the building, on the rooftop of the building across the street, Alis looked on as they carried away the blast core, she had charged it with enough electricity to fool them, the DUP also had an interest in blast cores since they're what awaken Conduit Abilities.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Zachary had hidden nervously. He'd heard movements and silenced gunshots. SOldiers had been here. His hands shook… he clenched his sheathed sword nervously… not that it could do a whole lot in this situation. He wanted to move… but his body denied him. Instead, all he felt was fear… he'd never had to fight before… so why was he fighting now? It was all a blur as he became dizzy and set the sheathed weapon down. They were on their way out, and was safe… for now.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Abel found his way out of the system in the dark and emerged in the Narrows. It was dark and he sighed, “Oh great, out of the darkness and into the night. If I find that girl, I’m going to kick her ass.” He sighs and looks around for another cigarette to smoke. He leaned against the wall and rubbed the tip of the cigarette to ignite it. He inhaled and blew out a ring, “Now I’m halfway across the city and still have nothing to do here. No reason to be here.” He slunk down to sit on the floor and looked up at the sky, counting the stars, “It’s no better here either…” the pollution in the sky halted his progress and he gave up, “I wonder what the First Sons are like…”
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis continued to walk the streets to look for shelter, she couldn't go back to the motel, and she was tired, she later on found an abandoned apartment building, she used her Urban Exploration skills to climb to the roof, where nobody would look for her.

*DUP extraction point*
Whiplash squad was at the extraction point waiting for their transport to arrive and take them back to the Nimitz, "Captain Walker! We got multiple contacts approaching from the north!" said an operative, "Everybody! Defensive positions!" shouted Captain Walker, as they assumed defensive positions, Walker readied something, it was a mortar, Then they saw them, men and women, all dressed differently, but they had the same markings on their clothes, they were with the first sons, one of them approached, "You pigs think you can come in here without us noticing, what you're carrying is the key to the future of the human race, hand it over or we'll take it by force", said their leader, "You are all terrorists, we don't negotiate with your kind, I'm in a good mood, so let me cut you all a deal, get the hell out of here, or we'll use lethal force on you." said Walker, the First Sons laughed, "You against all of us?" asked their leader, Walker's reply was to fire something from the mortar at them, before the First Sons could react, the projectile exploded releasing a white cloud, in a few moments, the First Sons began to scream, the transport also arrived , the DUP operatives then boarded it, not looking back at the First Sons who were beginning to suffer chemical burns from the white smoke, Walker smiled as the First Sons burned, "was that White Phosphorus sir?" asked a DUP operative, "Doesn't matter, with monsters like them running around, it's our job to stop them", said Walker.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Zachary had kept a safe distance. He saw the white cloud that overcame the group fired by the soldiers. He wasn't quite sure what it was… but it seemed to be killing the First Sons. "How… how horrible," the man stated as he clenched the handle of his sword. "What kind of monster would do this?" he asked as the DUP operatives left.

The metal master looked around the rooftops for others. Someone else MUST have seen this tragedy unfold!
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Abel looked up and saw the smoke cloud, it was close, he could hear the screams that the First Sons released, “That’s not fire!” Abel grabbed the wall, making sure it was marked, and exploded a hole through it sneaking into the building. He hid in the building, climbing up the stairs onto the third floor and started kicking in doors so he could feign his presence. Abel went down another floor and hid in a bathroom. Just as he got comfy his phone vibrated again, “God damn everything Adam!” He tosses his phone out the window, finally fed up with everything. “Leave me alone!” He hides in a closet, now noticing he has dropped his cigarette. “Oh damn… where is it?” outside, by the exploded wall his cigarette still burns.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis heard the screams, but she didn't have any intention to help, she found a piece of cardboard to lie on, before she could go to sleep, she sensed a presence behind her and looked, it was a woman, she wore a hoodie and had First Sons markings on it, "You were the reason why they came here, the DUP I mean." said the First Sons woman, "If you're here to recruit me, you can forget about it, I don't support people who terrorize others." said Alis, "We are simply fighting for our freedom as human beings, the DUP treat us like animals, you should join our cause." said the woman, "No thanks, you people ARE animals, I've seen your kind hit innocent people in crossfires, I don't support people who do that." said Alis getting up, "If you're not with us, then you're against us." said the woman, she then waved her hand forward and a gust of air came forth, Alis dodged it and fired a bolt of electricity at the woman, she dodged it as well, Alis then took cover behind a ventilation unit, she made one of her "Shock Grenades" and threw it from her cover, she heard a scream after the explosion and peeked from her cover, the woman was out cold, Alis then proceeded to restrain her using her Electric Abilities.