Gate

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Zorolo

Re: Gate

Post by Zorolo »

"This day just keeps getting stranger and stranger," Monroe noted as he sighed. He'd seen a demon king summoned and, less surprisingly, kill his summoner. Now, said demon king was coming with them. IF this war EVER had a purpose, he wasn't quite sure what it was anymore. After all, even though the man seemed like a comic book villain, Monroe somehow guessed it wasn't that simple. Life was NEVER that simple.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

*The Base*
Alis and her group managed to get the Gael tribe and the demon king back to base, the Gael tribe was being debriefed on what they know about the world, and Arawn, Arthur, Morgan and Riannon were going to stay with her, she went to go find Monroe, when she did find him, she handed over Arawn and Arthur to him.

*City of Greede*
The Imperial Legion under Commander Octavia were hearing reports of how the Unified Kingdoms army of 100,000 men were decimated, now they had deserters from them raiding the city, she and her men were already holed up enough as is.

*Next morning, Commanders office*
The commander was looking over a map given to them by the Gael, he placed the map down and looked at Monroe, Itami and Alis, "Alright you three, the Gael told us of a city not far from here, if we can make contact with the locals there, we could find out more about the Empire, your assignment for today is to go to the city called Greede, and make contact with the locals, no shootouts." Said the Base Commander, "Any questions?" asked the Commander.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"Nope," MOnroe stated as he cracked his knuckles. "I'm just excited to see how good these guys are at fighting. So far, I've only been let down by their bungling and incompetence," the mercenary stated as he crossed his arms. "Still, I suppose this battle is only just starting, right?" the dark haired man asked as he stared at Alis, than the commander, and then looked between the two of them. Things were finally getting interesting, and he could feel it.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The ride to Greede took a while, but they arrived in the city, they had to let Arthur do the talking to the guards to let them in the city, Once inside, they were greeted by a young woman who appeared to be in her late teens, she had blond hair and blue eyes, she introduced herself as Octavia, leader of the Imperial Legion stationed in the city, Arthur translated for Itami, they learned that the city is under siege by deserters from the Unified Kingdom's army, and they launch assaults on the city every night, Itami then told them they would help them drive off the attackers.

*That night*

Alis sat up on the wall, with her trusty Bushmaster, along with some thermal goggles, Itami and third recon were in the square, Monroe was manning a Machine Gun on the wall, Arawn, Arthur, Morgan, and Riannon were with Octavia, all the non-combatants were in the church, as they sat there, Alis shouted to Monroe, "Hey, see any Tango's?".
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"Nope," MOnroe stated as he blasted, unnecessarily, Back in Black by ACDC to set the mood. IT would certainly draw attention, but that was kind of the idea. That was exactly what he wanted. After all, these guys were no match for his MACHINE GUN! He'd make swiss cheese out of them before they could say anything even remotely offensive.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

As Alis sat on the sandbags, she saw heat signatures with her thermal goggles, "Incoming!" Said Alis as she manned the Machine gun, the other JSDF soldiers got their assault rifles ready, "Engage!" commanded Itami, "Looks like it's just us in our nests!" yelled Alis to Monroe as she began to open fire.

The plan was the following:
The Contractors are to stay in the machine gun nests to prevent scaling of the wall, the 3rd Recon team are to stay in the town square with the Imperial Legion, backup is being mobilized from HQ to assist in the battle.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe smiled as he began to fire off his machine-gun with a huge smile. The spray of gore and death filled his being with a sense of enjoyment. The massive amount of death that followed kept him profoundly entrained. Still, as blood began to fill the landscape, he realized something was amiss. SOmething was moving quietly nearby.

A flash of blades. He heard the sound of something metallic cleaving flesh. A green flash. He could barely see it, but someone was moving incredibly fast through the forest cutting down soldiers.

"Whoever that is, they're really fast," Monroe stated as he kept shooting the enemies. "Scary," Monroe stated as a figure emerged long enough to land on the back of the gunner seat before leaping to the other side at immense speed towards other soldiers.

After another series of flashes from the blade the dark-clad mercenary had briefly seen, the Merc stopped firing. Something was… done. It was quiet again. "Okay, who the hell was that? Did anyone else see that?!" Monroe asked nervously as he described the man he'd seen.

Name: Zorlo Amaranthine
Appearance: Image
Biography: A wandering swordsman and Elf who was drawn into the conflict by accident. He now fights to slay the enemy he has currently found. After that, probably back to adventuring and living his life.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"I did, I saw a Puttytat." said Alis with a slightly sarcastic tone, "Keep firing, there's more of them!" she added.

Itami and third Recon were still in the square, as loud banging was heard coming from the gate, the JSDF soldiers kept their rifles at the ready, the walls have some legionaries were preventing the enemy forces from scaling the wall, while the two contractors kept steady fire on the advancing enemies.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

MOnroe sighed as he looked at the woman. "You really need to get laid, you know that?!" he called over the sound of gunfire. He'd seen the green speck move. What the hell was it? It moved so quickly and with such grace… it was bothersome. "No one moves like that… the hell was that?" he asked as the gun's constant fire ate away the words he said.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

As the siege continued, the gate was finally breached, at least the wall defenders hadn't let anybody scale the wall, with the gate breached, the two contractors were ordered by Itami to redirect fire into the ones that broke through, the Third Recon Team held them back at the square, they used their assault rifles and mounted machine guns to mow down many of them, the Imperial Legion under Octavia engaged the enemy, Itami ordered everybody to cease fire less they hit any of their allies, Arawn then joined the fight, the Gael tribe members who came with them were doing well, Riannon casted spells that knocked down some of the enemy, Morgan was using a Bow to shoot them, while Arthur fought alongside Octavia and Arawn, As the battle continued, a noise was suddenly heard, it sounded like the rapid beating of drums, many of them combatants ceased fighting and looked up, there, they saw them, strange flying beings without wings, as they continued to hover in place, another thing was heard, it was music:

"This is Lancer 1 to 2nd Lt. Youji Itami waiting your orders sir." said the pilot on the radio, Itami then gave them orders to target the ones that aren't wearing red armor, and aren't behind them, Itami then ordered Octavia and her forces to fall back, in mere moments, as 'Ride of the Valkyries' played, the Helo's began raining fire with their machine guns, the attacking forces, knowing they stood no chance, began to fall back as they began to fall back, the Helo's proceeded to chase after them, the battle was over, with the remnants of the Unified kingdom's army being hunted down by the Helicopters, the defending warriors cheered at the strangers who offered their assistance, "Good Ser's, may I ask, under who do you serve? We are very grateful for your help, without your assistance, the defense of this city may not have been possible." said Octavia, "Oh, us? We serve under the JSDF." replied Itami, "Jay-ess-dee-ef?" said Octavia, "Yeah! they have this castle around the Gate! And many things like these horseless carriages and metal wands!" said Morgan, Alis gave her a death glare for telling them that, "A castle? Around the Gate? You must've come from the other world." said Octavia, "I know the Holy Empire attacked your world, but believe me Ser's when I say we wouldn't do the same, in fact, you the thanks of me and my men. If there is anything we can do for you, just name it." said Octavia, "Well, I would like to talk to the leader of this city." said Itami, "I am afraid the governor was killed in an earlier attack, I took command of the city and its forces, so if there is anything I can do for you, please, ask." replied Octavia, So, during the remainder of the night, Itami and Octavia discussed opening trade relations.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"Once again, another boring battle. These enemies don't stand a chance against our air force or firearms. This is kind of a sad way to defeat this enemy. I mean, they're clearly stupid enough to keep trying THE SAME GOD DAMN THING, so the fact we're giving them THIS much attention is kind of a waste," Monroe said as he pulled out a cigarette and took a long drag from it. "I'm gonna get some rest," he stated as he began to walk off. Now he needed somewhere to rest, dammit.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis grabbed him by the shoulder and proceeded to give him a slap, "You make me sick." she said as she spat on his shirt, guys like him aren't soldiers, just a psycho with a gun.

Itami had just finished talking with Octavia, they now have support of the city in helping establish trade across the region, Octavia then sent out messengers to inform the nearby villages of supplies they can get at the JSDF base, with what happened that night between the Imperials and the JSDF was a milestone in the road to peace between the two factions.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Music filled the air. The melodic sound of an oboe filled the air. A figure atop a building that seemed to only be visible because of the music that left the instrument he played. It was calming, kind… but also sad. An ode to the fallen. Even the dead deserved rest. He'd honored hundreds of dead with music, and once against he would.

The sunlight played on his green braids lightly. His ears were different… unnaturally altered by magic, perhaps. His red eyes glowed in the sun, and the scar over his left eye was clearly visible. Villagers stopped to listen as their hearts rose from the turbulence of the night before. Next to his form, an odd sword rested at his side, and an instrument case on his other side.

Monroe paused and scowled at the music. He was sickened by it. "Paying tribute to the dead? What kind of bull crap is that. No one honors the unworthy dead!" Monroe muttered disgustedly.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Monroe received a tap on the shoulder and turned around, it was Alis, she then proceeded to give him a hard kick in the nards, it was a good thing she wore her steel toed boots, as the mercenary was in pain in the ground, Alis then approached the Elf, with Morgan following, "You know, I wouldn't honor these men, they were deserters and raiders who preyed on the weak." she said.

Itami was in the town square helping the Imperial Legion sort through the dead, with Arawn and Arthur helping, Riannon was tending to the wounded with her healing spells, and Octavia was busy giving a a talk to her men.

*JSDF Gate Headquarters*
More personnel and equipment were being moved into the Gate HQ, personnel were busy moving the last F-4EJ Phantoms for the base.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

The pain was just too much, Monroe simply passed out.

The elf placed his oboe down and smiled at the woman. "That is for none to judge but the gods, m'lady," he stated calmly, looking between her and the woman with green hair. "Ignoble as their reasons may be, they died in combat, and the God of Battle has use of such people. I can't say its GOOD use, but his desires never are," the man stated as he looked at the sky. It made his eyes hurt a little bit, so he averted them. "Still, I'm sure your side must have lost some. Would you not want their souls to find rest with whatever god they believe in?" he asked, tilting his head at her.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"I see, would you like to help us burn them then?" Alis asked the elf.

As they were burning the bodies, Alis then asked the elf, "We know, we are looking for locals who could help us since we're new to this area, how would you like to join us?" she asked the elf.

*Weeks later*
The JSDF maintained a good relationship with the locals in the area, they were selling goods like Medicine, Toilet Paper, and food, many of the products were considered strange by the people, but the personnel taught them what to do with them.

As it was another busy day for the JSDF, a lone figure approached the base, the figure wore a long cloak, and had a hood to cover it's head, the figure then entered the tavern nearby the locals set up for the soldiers.....
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Zorlo had helped burn the bodies and now sat atop a building. The melodious sound of his Oboe filled the air and he smiled when he stopped. He stepped forward and moved with unnatural grace down the building and towards where he had last seen Alis. "I shall aid you, m'lady. YOu have done a lot. I want to see this war end, so my songs can be played in peace times again," Zorlo said with a sad smile. "I miss the peace."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"....and that's how we fended off 100,000 enemy soldiers." said Alis to Zorlo as she was finishing her story, over the past few weeks, they had gotten to know each other, the Empire hasn't sent anybody to attack them, the local Imperial Legion is on good terms with them, and the local villages view them as saviors, there hasn't been any fighting these past few weeks, and frankly, everybody is glad about it.

The cloaked figure entered the tavern, the tavern was full of locals and the soldiers from the other world, some people eyed the newcomer, the cloaked figure then stepped up to the bar counter and asked a JSDF soldier, "Excuse me, but I heard you warriors have powerful magic, I would like to ask for your help in saving my village." said the cloaked figure, the soldier then took her to the officer in charge, After explaining the situation, they called for their top Contractor, Alis Ibara.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"I see. Your people are truly mighty. I can can a dozen or so in one battle, but that's about it. I'm… well, I'm not quite normal," he stated with a sigh as he ran a finger over his scar. "I'm a mix of things… but… that's not important right now," he stated as he smiled at her. "Your intentions are pure, so I shall aid you. The dead created need to be sent into the afterlife, and its been my desire to do that for a long time now. Please allow me to accompany you," he said with a smile.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis sat in the Commander's office, in the chair in front of her was a dark skinned girl with pointed ears, "Miss Ibara, this is Cloe, of the Erdes tribe," began the commander, "She has come to us to request our assistance in helping her village, unfortunately, we don't have the manpower to spare, so I'd like you to to take anybody willing to help Cloe here with her village problem, and just so you know, you're dealing with a dragon." said the Commander, "You're free to requisition any equipment you need at the armory, and take miss Cloe here with you, dismissed." finished the Commander, Alis saluted and left.

"So, tell me about how you expect us to save your village?" asked Alis, as Cloe removed her cloak, Alis was a bit perturbed at how revealing her clothing was, "And why does your clothing show so much skin?" she asked, feeling uncomfortable, Cloe looked at her puzzled and replied, "As to your second question, we Dark Elves pride ourselves in our fast movement, we don't like any armor of the sort, our ancestors never even wore anything when they fought their enemies, we wear what is necessary, I only wore the cloak to so as to avert the eyes of men, as for your first question, I have heard your people have flying arks which make sounds as if a drum was being beaten, and I have heard of your flying swords that can rain fire on the ground." said Cloe, Alis figured she must've been referring to the Helicopters and Jets, "Well, I've been tasked with helping you and your people, just me and some others." said Alis, "I understand, you do not look like the men in green, but you carry a wand like them, so I still trust you." said Cloe, "Alright, we can go to your village soon, just let me get some things." said Alis.

*Later*
Alis was in the Type 96 with the Gael tribe members and Arawn, as well as Cloe and Zorlo, Itami was driving the thing, she and Third Recon were in charge of the Dragon hunt, as they were on the move, Alis then said something, "Arawn, they call you the Demon King, yet I've never seen you do anything remotely Demonic.", Arawn just grinned at her, "Would you like a demonstration then?" he asked, "Um, no thanks." said Alis.