Gate

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Gate

Post by Kaori »

In August 20XX, a portal to a parallel world known as the "Gate", suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo where monsters and human warriors wearing ancient armor poured out of the portal, killing everyone in their way and trying to claim the area as their own. This would later be known as the "The Ginza Incident". Immediately after the attack, the Japanese Ground-Self Defense Forces launches a counter attack, repelling and pushing the invaders back to the Gate and reclaiming Ginza.

Now, the JSDF is preparing for a counterattack, they are mobilizing their own soldiers and hiring mercenaries from around the globe for an expedition into the Gate.

Rules: You are a soldier, a normal human being with no access to magic whatsoever, you have guns, and brains, if you wanna be an elf or be from the other side of the the Gate(A fantasy setting), PM me about it(Or better yet, we can chat about it on steam so I don't lose old messages.)

Template
Name:
App:(Description or picture is fine)
Bio: (Why you're in the expedition, and where you belong, with the mercenaries, or with the JSDF, Characters who come from the other side of the Gate have a different reason for joining, PM me for details)
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Gate

Post by Kaori »

Name:Alissa, "Alis" Ibara
App:Image
Bio: A Filipino Contractor from Morgenrote Security services, she is aware of the JSDF hiring mercenaries to supplement their forces in order avoid casualties on their side, not to mention show it was a joint international operation without having any real foreign powers deploy their actual forces on Japanese soil, she tried to enter Marine service back in the Philippines, but she was not permitted into field service due to being a woman, outraged, she joined Morgenrote and became a soldier there, hoping to prove that a Filipino woman can be a better soldier.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Name: Monroe Vossler
Appearance: Image
Biography: A mercenary from America, he's adjusted his kevlar vest to match those of some of the odd pointy ears that came out of the Gate. He carries a Reuger Super Redhawk armed with .475 bullets, along side of a standard 9mm side arm. Although he's a simple soldier of fortune, he thrives in the dangers of combat. This kind of war is his kind of thing. He also carries a knife with a five inch blade.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

*Let's fight some Fantasy races*
Alis was sitting in an Armored Fighting Vehicle with her trusty Bushmaster and the radio was playing Sweet home Alabama, she was on Reconnaissance with the JSDF, they were going through nothing but flat green plains, then, they saw something in the distance, Smoke, she was then ordered to take some soldiers and investigate, she disembarked with the soldiers and went to investigate, the JSDF soldiers had Howa Type 89 Assault Rifle's with Bayonets, while she had a Bushmaster ACR, as they investigated the area, they came across a village, they saw in the center, people huddled together, and in front of them, were men in the same armor worn by those who attacked Ginza, they appeared to have a prisoner with them, a green haired girl, Alis then motioned the soldiers to take position, she then pointed her rifle at the man holding the girl captive, and squeezed, a shot rang out and the man fell dead, the enemyl soldiers looked around bewildered as the JSDF soldiers picked them off with well aimed shots the enemy soldiers were dead and Alis and the JSDF soldiers approached the villagers, an elderly villager came up and shook their hands, the people were saying words they could not comprehend, they set the green haired girl free, but as they were returning to the convoy, the green haired girl was following them, at first, Alis made some go away motions, but she still followed them, in the end, Alis radioed the convoy that they have a guest coming along.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe looked at the convoy. He'd been following them as they continued committing warcrimes. Well, one would suppose it wasn't warcrimes if these people weren't under any kind of legal documentations. Monroe shrugged as he drew his revolver and made sure it was loaded. Those bullets could easily blow through Kevlar. He began to walk away and follow the green-haired girl. After all, she looked like she might need help.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

As they continued their reconnaissance of the area, they discovered many people heading into the direction of the Gate, after talking to them, they learned that a large army was approaching, they brought the people back to command near the gate and told them the news, the army that attacked Ginza was mobilizing with even more soldiers, Orders were then given to fortify the base, they had a battle to fight.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe sat on a wall and spun his revolver's chamber quietly. He'd heard word. As he adjusted his headphones to around his neck, he wondered what it would be like. A slaughter probably. He knew these barbarians didn't stand a chance with their bows, arrows and plates. This would be a joke. When all was said and done with this stupid war, he'd go home rich. What a waste.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The Imperial forces began to move into formation, all the villages left before the Empire arrived, most of them were at the JSDF camp, all of them, small towns, tribes and villages left their homes so as to not get in the way of the Empire's forces, Thousands of footmen, Beast riders, and monster auxiliaries were in position in the fields right in front of the JSDF camp.

*Imperial POV*
The night was young, and the men were ready for battle, the General met with his field commanders to assess the situation, "My lord, my scouts have reported that the barbarians have been doing nothing but digging holes, their forces are lesser in numbers than ours, we shall have no problems taking them." reported the field commander, "Excellent, tell the men to get ready, we shall slay the barbarians here tonight." said the General, their forces began to advance, when all of a sudden, they heard a strange noise, it sounded like an otherworldly shriek then-"BOOM!", a large explosion decimated a whole Centuria, "What powerful sorcery!" exclaimed a nearby field aide, soon, more explosions cam upon the army, "Tortoise formation!" exclaimed an officer, it was all in vain as scores of men fell victim to the explosions,those that were able make it past the explosions found themselves confronting the Barbarians using strange wands, their wands bursted with fire and rained metal on them, "This isn't a battle, it's a massacre!" exclaimed a field commander, 30 minutes into the fight and they had lost more than half our their forces, and they still haven't brought down a single Barbarian, as if things couldn't get any worse, the Imperial officers noticed strange things flying overhead, the flying monstrosities bursted fire and metal upon their soldiers, archers were commanded to bring them down, but their arrows proved useless against them, the flying monstrosities then swooped over them raining fire and metal, the General knew the battle was lost, he then issued the order to retreat immediately.

*After the battle, Alis's POV*
The Contractor was parched, she had been there in the trenches with the JSDF soldiers, opening fire on any of the natives who got too close, she knew this battle was very one sided, she couldn't help but feel superior, as she drank, a soldier came and called for her, the commander wanted to see her about the green haired girl she brought back to base.

Alis sat in the room, the commander was in his desk, and the green haired girl was sitting across her, "Thanks to you bringing her here, we were able to talk to her, the language her people speak is similar to English." said the commander, "My name is Morgan, I am from the Gael tribe, I am grateful to you for saving me." Said the green haired girl, "Uh, Alright, Sir, why did you call me here?" asked Alis, "It's simple, we want you to work with Morgan here to know more about the surrounding areas." said the Commander, "But sir, no offense but, why me?" said Alis, "Miss Ibara, from what I read about you, you want to prove yourself, this is your big break, you are to assemble a Squad, you can pick any of the mercenaries on base, I'm attaching you and your Squad to the Third Recon Team under First Lieutenant Youji Itami, you and your squad will be under his command, do I make myself clear?" Said the Commander, "Sir yes sir." said Alis as she stood up, "Dismissed.", with that, Alis left, with Morgan following.

Name: Morgan
App: Image
Bio: A hunter from the Gael tribe, she had the misfortune of being captured by an Imperial Patrol, she was brought to a village to be made an example of since her tribe fights against the Empire, she now swears loyalty to Alis due to tradition in their tribe about honoring life debts.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"One death is a tragedy. One million is a statistic. Never has that thought been more true than right now," Monroe stated as he lit a cigarette and took a deep puff on it. He'd stopped fighting when they'd started using artillery and air support. This wasn't a battle at all. If the military wanted to waste money, there were plenty of savages from their own world they could piss money away on.

He'd seen real battles. Liberia, Algeria, Egypt. Each time he'd engaged in combat, he'd seen bloodshed on a personal level. This was the kind of war that generals liked. They got a real hard on for wasting time and war efforts on this kind of crap. Monroe removed his cigarette from his mouth and looked down to see a convoy starting to move. "I wonder where they're off to?' he asked as he leapt down about twenty feet and started after them. That odd green-haired girl was with them. This might be worth observing.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis and Morgan were in the Mess hall, Alis hadn't eaten dinner yet, so she took Morgan with her to eat, Japanese food tended to be spicy, nothing wrong with that though, Alis got Morgan some food as well, Alis got herself some Chicken Karaage with vegetables and rice, she got the same for Morgan, the hunter was amazed at the food and watched as Alis began to eat hers, she then used her fork and spoon awkwardly, but watching Alis eat hers properly got her to do it properly as well, "So, tell me about your tribe." said Alis, "The Gael tribe are a peaceful tribe, we do not wish to harm people unless they attack us first, we only recently began to fight the Empire when they came to take our land, we have been on the run from them since they burned our village to the ground, I was separated from the main group and was captured by Imperial Soldiers, they were going to execute me until you saved me, by Tribal law, I owe you a life debt, your servant if you wish it." Said Morgan, "I don't need a servant, but I do need your skills, do you speak the languages they speak around here?" said Alis, "The Gael tribe trades with many different people, I can speak some languages yes." replied Morgan, "Alright, for now, I need to assemble some soldiers to accompany us, you can come along." said Alis, when the two finished their meal, they then headed to the barracks.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"Or just the three of us can go," Monroe stated as he sat on a table behind the two, idly spinning his Reuger. The click of the hammer clicking into empty chambers made him chuckle. He pointed his gun at Alis and smiled. "After all, I'm getting bored of this. This isn't war. This isn't like in Northern Africa. I was asked to fight because i was used to slaughter. I thought this would be something like Algeria, but it turns out the Japs don't have anything they like more than cowardly hiding behind artillery. These enemies… they're worth watching die," Monroe stated as he pulled the hammer of his gun back and listened to the sound of the chamber shifting. "What do you say, lovelies?"
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"Who the hell are you?" Asked Alis with some suspicion, "Offense intended mate, but I don't trust wankers who come up to me pretending to be all chummy with me, if you wanna tag along, give me your name and I'll look over your file, see why you should tag along." added Alis with some annoyance in her tone, god she hated men who try to be friendly with her.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe dropped his file on the table. "Monroe Vossler, American Mercenary," he stated as he opened the chamber of his revolver and looked through it. "I came here because I was promised a real battle, not this Japo erection option," he stated bluntly, rudely. "These enemies are probably deserving of more than just us hiding like cowards. I just want to see if I'm right or wrong. If I'm wrong, then they can get blown back to hell. If I'm right, i want to know it before stiff-o Mcgee in headquarters are finished wanking off."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"Huh." Said Alis as she looked over the file, "The idiot wants to fight the Barbarians 'fair', he's an idiot." said Alis as she threw the file in the trash, "Come on, we don't need guys like him, we need people who make fighting dirty look good." she said as she went to the barracks.

To Alis' surprise, and disappointment, many of the Mercenaries refused to tag along, mostly it's because of the reports that there was a dragon roaming around, she had no choice but to go look for that Chivalrous moron, and find some Rockets....

She found him smoking and told him he's in, but they are not engaging the enemy up close, unless it's with a shotgun.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"My revolver and pistol can kill them just fine. Anyway, I'm sure rumors of a dragon scared others off," MOnroe stated as he spun his revolver and holstered it. "We should be weary, though. I"m sure by now there are at least a few of these guys who are skilled at hunting our kind. Good to be smart and, even if we're bringing guns, be prepared to have them engage us. I've heard rumors of a pointy-eared guy that's avoided being killed or captured by, supposedly, both sides. Sounds like a challenge!" Monroe stated with a laugh. "Let's go, miss."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis sat in the Type 96 Armored Personnel Carrier with Monroe and Morgan, the young girl was amazed in riding the horseless carriage, their first goal is to find Morgan's tribe, getting help from them will prove instrumental, after some hours of riding, they saw an encampment, Morgan looked out and exclaimed that it was her tribe, they then disembarked to the encampment, they were stopped by armed guards, but Morgan convinced them to let them through.

They entered the tent of the chief, but Morgan was surprised to see it was a young man, she then asked him where was the chief, the young man said the chief died in a previous skirmish and now he's the leader, the young man introduced himself as Arthur, "I am thankful for you helping Morgan, but we are in the middle of a crisis at the moment, the Imperials have kidnapped my Sister Riannon, I am busy preparing for our assault to take her back." said Arthur, "We could help." said Alis, "That's right Arthur! Their magic wands breath fire and steel! I saw them destroy the entire United Kingdom's army! They didn't even lose a single soldier in the battle!" said Morgan, Arthur looked at them with suspicion, "How do I know I can trust you?" asked Arthur, "You can't, but can't deny our power as well." said Alis, "Come Arthur, make a contract with me, and I may grant your wish." she added, she reached out her hand, and Arthur extended his hand, Alis then grabbed his hand and began shaking it, "Our contract is complete, now take me to where they took your sister." Said Alis.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe remained outside smoking a cigarette while Alis spoke. She and the green-haired girl had been in there for a while. The mercenary had listened quietly to the visitors. Apparently some kind of pointy-eared creature was causing trouble for some imperials somewhere. "Really?" Monroe asked himself quietly. This sounded like it might be worthwhile after all.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

"Driver, take us to our destination, our new passenger wants to hit the Imperials with his sword!" announced Alis.

*Outside ancient ruins*

Alis and her group were at a hill overlooking the Ruins Arthur's sister was taken to, "Alright, here's the plan, JSDF soldiers, you take pot shots at them from here, Arthur, Morgan, and Monroe, with me, and Monroe, here, just in case." said Alis as she handed Monroe a SPAS-12 that was on her the whole time.

Two imperial soldiers were standing guard at the entrance while there were others patrolling the area, Alis and the group were sneaking past the sentries, "I don't like this, we should take the fight to them while we have the element of surprise." said Arthur, "Just wait, we'll be shooting them shortly." replied Alis, Alis turned to peek around a corner then raised her hand, shots were fired as the Imperial soldiers scrambled to find the source, when the two sentries were gone, they snuck into the ruins.

The four of them ran into the ruins, encountering pockets of resistance from Imperial soldiers, the two mercenaries Guns made short work of them, which seemed to annoy Arthur as he seemed to have hoped to fight some of them, they kept on continuing till they reached a large room with a cauldron, "whatever they're cooking, doesn't smell good." Snarked Alis, They then saw a fat gonk of a man and a young girl with him, "Riannon!" yelled Arthur, "You are too late Barbarian!" said the Gonk, "Soon, I shall awaken the Demon King Arawn! And rule this world along with the other one beyond the gate!" said the gonk as he turned to face the cauldron, "Awaken! Great Demon King Arawn! I Drwc, High Priest of the Holy Empire sacrifice this Barbarian Seer to you! Heed my call and Awaken!" said Drwc as the cauldron shot up a beam of purple light, the light shone brightly and started to fade, as it started to fade, a figure stepped out from the light, it was a man, he had white hair and wore black, he also held a red sword in his hand, Alis could feel an ominous presence has just entered the room.....
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

Monroe spun the chamber of his revolver as he stared at the man. "Oh, so you're standing between us and that girl, huh. How short do you want your life to be?" Monroe asked as he spun the revolver in his palm and readied to fire off his gun. He'd gotten bored with all the talking. Now, he just wanted to shoot. "Well, what's the word, boss lady?"
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The man in black came down from the Cauldron, "Great Demon King! As your Master! I order you to kill the barbarians!" said Drwc, the man in black looked at Alis and her group, then looked at Drwc, in a surprising move, he stabbed Drwc with his sword, "Why?!" asked the high priest, "I am not yours to command, human." said Arawn as Drwc dropped dead, Arawn turned to Riannon and told her, "Do not be afraid, I won't hurt you.", he then held her by the hand and turned to the intruders, "I assume you came to rescue the young maiden?" asked Arawn, "Er, yes, aren't you going to kill us?" asked Alis meekly, "I server nobody but myself, the human merely woke me up from my slumber, I don't really want to go back to sleep, so, shall we leave?" said Arawn, the group then left the Ruins, with Alis unsure as what to do with the fact that they have a Demon King coming back to base with them.