Medusa Academy

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

GamerKale

Re: Medusa Academy

Post by GamerKale »

"As your subordinates, even if we are to be your future former subordinates, you should really take a greater interest in our fates." He shrugged and said nonplussed, "Yes, because going over ground that I've already covered is a great plan. Besides fear doesn't work long term, nor does it get us to go the extra mile for you. You need to get us to want to do what you say or all of our efforts will be half-hearted." Robert suddenly grabbed Noriko's arm, stepped up beside her and grabbed her by the throat to lift her a few inches off the ground and pinned her against the wall, next he grabbed one of her hands and snapped her wrist, then he held her other hand up in front of her and broke her thumb. The hand on her throat cut off any screams of pain. His voice held a cold fury, "Let's see if fear is such a great tactic, shall we?" He moved on to her pointer finger and bent it near the breaking point. "We're all alone in this hallway. And this early in the day I'm guessing that, like me, Zach hasn't given you any power yet this morning, and since he isn't with you I'm guessing at best you're planning to meet him for breakfast which means nobody is looking for you, which means you are weak and alone and I have plenty of time to do whatever I want with you. If I break all of your fingers will that make you do what I want? What if I then fixed them and started the process over again and I did it again and again. I can give you endless torment. Would that give me power over you, or make us work as a team? Or does it just make you hate me like I hate the people who keep me here and try to tell me what to do like I'm a piece of military hardware? Like I am subhuman. I am a person, Noriko Ito. Just like Allen, just like you, just like all of the guards that have beaten the crap out of me and forced us to stay here." He pressed her harder against the wall for several seconds until she started to see spots and then he let her fall back to the ground.

While she coughed and breathed he laid hands upon the damage he had inflicted, a warm white light escaped from between his fingers, and the anger on his face was replaced by remorse. Congratulations, point made. You're an arse who can choke and threaten a girl. What the bloody hell were you thinking Robert! She's not them. It's not her fault. Lay on hands can't fix emotional damage, apologize now! "But you are not those people so I will not project that hatred onto you. You are our captain, Ito, but before that you are a person, Nori. Z annoys the hell out of me. Allen aggravates me. So-Hee frustrates me. And Zach infuriates me. And I love all of them for it. The Ice Queen Ito, I have no feelings towards, because she is not a person. I do not hate her. But more importantly, I don't love her. Give me and everyone else a reason to love Nori and we will meet Ito halfway. Ciao." He pat her mended wrist and started to walk away. "When you find Nori, come and find me, and I'll buy her those waffles." I wonder if she's going to stab me in the back with those needles of hers.
Zorolo

Post by Zorolo »

"No," Zorlo said as he folded up his glasses and looked at Robert. His eyes were filled with aggravation. "She won't have a chance, Robert. You think too loud, just so you know," Zorlo stated as he let rush mental power that surged into Robert's head, granting Zorlo a chance to more violently sift through the man's mind. Zorlo imagined, as he had when he did this to other inferior beings, that the pain was like white-hot pokers being shoved into the brain to lobotomize people. "I'm tired of both of you. I've worked too hard to let you two **** this up for me," he stated with a smile.

True, he was using the energy he had been saving for days to do this in secret, but it would work just fine. "How do you like it, human? Being powerless against a superior force?" Zorlo asked as he placed additional pressure on the neural synapses. It'd more than stopped even the strongest of physical people from moving, and he'd always wondered how much Robert could resist.

"Are you sufficiently afraid yet? With a thought, I could surge power and sever your mind. You'd be left a drooling husk, not too indifferent from you now, but less talkative. Are you happy you're powerless?" he asked, smiling sadistically. "OR should I show you the same 'mercy' you showed Ito?"

Zorlo broke his control as his hair changed from green to black. "Remember however much stronger you are than she is, at the end of the day, I get to remind you of true power. Unlike other Receivers, I don't need constant recharging. One day, I might not need a Provider at all. Sadly, that day isn't today. Count your lucky stars on that, Robert, and remember this day. Trust me, I won't let you forget it."
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Noriko could remember something unpleasant as Robert spoke to her. The image itself was almost traumatizing. However, she could not be weak. That's what they told her. Even if someone tries to hurt you, you can't show weakness. She gathered what energy she had and moved it to focus on her normal movement. "I understand," she answered with her usual tone, though it was obvious she had other ideals of what to say. "I will endeavor to keep you from destruction." She started walking past the two, knowing she could not intervene.

"I have already made a promise to you, Mister Amarinthe. I do not intend to go back on it." She spoke as she passed Zorlo. She walked with confidence until she managed to get back into the dorm room. Her eyes closed for a moment, closing the door and heading towards her room. 'I can't be weak. I promised... I promised that I would be the best I could. I must be a leader now that they have assigned that role.'
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Robert fell to the ground when the mental attack started. During Zorlo's invasion Robert's mind had done things trying to defend itself, including opening up a line of power from himself to Allen and activated the Kaiju ability, in an odd fashion. The provider's power surged through his synapses and forced them open, equaling the pressure being placed upon them. Robert's body started moving again as Zorlo started going on about how he wouldn't let him forget; "Robert" studied Zorlo for a moment and then started walking towards the dorms. The mind present at that point in time was calm and calculating and after a cursory observation decided that Zorlo and his words were pointless as they were not a threat, James as Allen called him.

At Allen's location, he had grown into the "medium" kaiju, James, but James wasn't there, there was another presence, Robert's, but the mind was silent like it was offline or comatose.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Allen laid on his bed, atop of him was none other than Lucie, but not anything was amiss, this was merely the way she slept, especially after encounters with Toni. Toni himself had left about an hour ago. Allen knew now what Toni preoccupied himself with during the day when he was not playing with, or rather, attempting to seduce him. However, everything changed.

In an instant, the pervasive influence of Kaiju attacked Allen’s mind. Before he could protest, Allen shoved Lucie off his body, and Allen began to shift and transmogrify. His arms grew through the roof, and Allen’s legs and chest grew proportionately. James did not move; Allen took control his legs, awkwardly standing on his own. His wings were still obscured, and Allen searched for James. Rather than a massive brain, Allen found a consciousness close to his own in size; however, it was much, much smaller. ‘Who’s in here? James where are-’ Lucie’s consciousness melded with Allen’s, and she held a presence with him.
‘Hey! I was sleeping! What’s going on?’ ‘I don’t know! Where’s James? I-I need to find him!’ James roared and flapped its arms, wings eventually, through a fold of skin, became visible and took off. He traced a presence, flying toward where the main office, and Robert, was. ‘Where are we going Allen?’ ‘I need to go this way. This brain… this quiet brain is calling me here.’ A mighty roar, accompanied by a flap of his wings, and windows in the building shattered. ‘He’s in there!’ ‘How do we get him?’
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Robert" looked out a shattered window at Allen. After a few seconds he climbed out the window to wave and screech a greeting at Allen but did not attempt to otherwise approach him. Hello brother. Robert's stomach growled, Hungry, that smell - food? James decided to follow his nose towards a restaurant rather than what had been his body. People screamed and shouted and pointed at Allen, some of whom were armed with what James knew from his one prior experience to be weapons, but that really wasn't James's problem so "Robert" ignored them and continued his quest for food.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

An alarm sounded, a group of older looking pairs moving forward towards the area. They formed a circle formation, the providers using a strategy to both confuse and stop the creature from moving. A dome covered the area, another caused a paralysis effect, and an assortment of other powers. The receivers moved forward, one forming a pair of what was the equivalent of guns. The weapons forming cut into the creature to stop it.

"Attention all North Dorm Students. There is a problem in the East Dorm. All North Dorm Students, please take action as soon as possible."
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

James roared and let himself roost upon the roof of the restaurant. Luckily, for everyone, Allen was not charged yet, otherwise all of the students could have possibly been incapacitated. ‘What’s going on? Allen, why are they attacking?’ Allen’s inner mind clutched his hair and closed his eyes, ‘I don’t know! James isn’t here right now, it’s too stressful to control this on my own, help me. Please…’ Lucie nodded and the two held hands. Another roar erupted from James’s mouth and it flapped its mighty wings. Paralysis barely affected the monster as it flew up into the dome. ‘We can do it Allen! Keep pushing out, but we can’t hurt them. We have to show them we’re safe.’ Allen sighed ‘They only see a monster, no matter what we do-’ ‘No Allen! Shut up! Stop thinking like that! We’ve got to show them what their eyes can’t see!’ Allen nodded, and the beast roared at the top of the dome, tackling into it full force. The dome shook, but pushed James back. Bullets dug into James, but without his susceptibility to pain, Allen only barely felt the effects of the small barrage he was facing.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

OOC:

Thank you for participating in the role play. Seeing as there are some issues, which seem to require a lot more work, we will be ending it and letting more work be done. If possible, I will try and bring Medusa Academy back. However, for now, it really requires a lot more work. The thread will be locked and available for viewing for anyone who still wants to read it.