Memories Under an Infinite Sky(RPG) Open to All!

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Azalan

Memories Under an Infinite Sky(RPG) Open to All!

Post by Azalan »

The gift of writing is inside each person. Each person at some point ignites their imagination and the fire grows into an inferno. Ideas are weaved together in a brilliant display of intellect with the ability to move people, to teach them things, and to even transport them to places they had long forgotten. Writing is a powerful thing. The words of the writer have the ability to come to life if written with the right intent. The soul of the writer fills the words with life; turning it into a living thing. If writer means what he or she writes their world comes to life in the minds of their readers.

In Downtown New York; There is a College called Locos Conundrus. This college is one of the most high letter ones in the city and has student from all over the world who attend classes. The school has been well known for it's top graduates who have gone on to bigger things in life. Some of these students have gone on to become great minds in places like Goldman Sachs; some have become lawyers, doctors, whilst some have even run for office.

However, this story is not about these great minds of the world. This story is about the English department and their classes they offer. Though the students who attend these classes are quite bright and are some of the brightest minds in the school; there is a creative writing class which each year gets booked up months before the semester gets started. The teacher of this class is a teacher who not many at the school have seen outside of the classes he teaches.

An elusive man who goes by the name Azrus Zantesu. This man is the teacher of this popular writing class. His students go on to become great writers; though how this happens is unknown. Azrus has a one hundred percent pass rate in his class. Azrus's students are taught a unique ability. The students in his class are taught how to enter their stories they write; bringing them to life. Azrus allows the class to go into the story so they may all benefit from it and grow as people. All of the slots in Azrus's coming term have been registered and signed. The class is about to begin and you are a student who has been enrolled.

I am Azrus Zantesu.
I have read your letter of request and have accepted you into my class. Before we begin; do tell me a bit about yourself!

Character Sheet:(These things will let us all know about your character! Please be as expressive as possible! If you wish to keep your information about your character short that's ok too. However; It's fun to let us all know who we will be in class with right?)

Name:
Pen Name:
Year in College:
Interests/Hobbies:
History of your character:
Favorite Book and or Author:
Why you enrolled in this class:
Short story your character would like to write:(This may remain blank, if your character hasn't written one state why, and what ideas they'd like to write about if they are not yet sure of what story they want to make.)
What inspired your to start writing?:
Writing Implement:(Quill /w inkwell, Pen, Pencil, chalk, Permanent Marker, or mobile device?)
Azalan

Re: Memories Under an Infinite Sky(RPG) Open to All!

Post by Azalan »

If anyone has questions about the character sheet or the rpg. Please feel free to pm me! :)
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Hey kai! Kale Zorolo! Are you guys interested in this rpg? If not; please let me know what I can do to spark your interest. :) I'd really like to rp with you guys again! I'm sorry pi kinda tanked..Life and my now ex girlfriend have a way of doing that...But I'm back as far as I know!
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Name: Lou Reilly
Appearance: Snow sucks… I’d rather it just be cold.
Pen Name: Siebold Wikstrom
Year in College: Junior
Interests/Hobbies: Card games, handheld/portable gaming, watching sports, sleeping, eating, hanging out with friends, watching movies, listening to his father’s records.
History of your character: Lou was not anything particularly growing up. Born to a middle-class family and an old-fashioned, yet over protective father, Lou never had to experience danger in his life. No risk, no triumph, Lou would find himself bored with life by the time he arrived in college. Opened up to a world of talented people or those with a talent to work hard Lou became depressed on the inside. Hiding behind a mask of airy clumsiness, Lou never told his friends about his feelings. Until Sophomore year Lou went through the motions of college, barely passing, eating a lot and barely sleeping. Sauntering into class late, he met his professor, a beautiful, married woman with red locks of passion, passion she shared her love of English. Fascinated by such a passionate woman, Lou competed with a friend in her course, aiming to best him, they spend many an hour in her office, and when given an opportunity to create a story, Lou birthed Allen. Allen was the protagonist of Lou’s short story, Allen. He won the competition, and was awarded with much praise from his professor. She recommended he publish it, or at least submit it to competitions. In his fear, he did none of these things. However, she asked for a follow up. Lou is still writing the words to the story. If only for the slightest bit of praise. If only to hear once more that he has a talent.
Favorite Book and or Author: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust
Why you enrolled in this class: Feels as though this class may have an impact on his writing.
Short story your character would like to write: Allen’s Second Chapter
What inspired your to start writing?: In his Sophomore English class, the assignment to write a short story became a competition between himself and his friends. His professor praised his writing, and told him if he had a talent, it was writing.
Writing Implement: Mobile Phone, a small journal.

No open invite to me? =( Even though that was after you accepted me, but still.
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

(ok! :) You can come on in too. It's good to have you on board Haseo. :) Thanks for wanting to play and be on board! It means alot!)
BishounenNerd

Post by BishounenNerd »

Sounds fun, think I'll join.

Name: Doug Bailey
Appearance: Doug has medium-length brown hair, falling about to his ears. His most notable feature is bifocals which he wears constantly. Most people never see him without them. He often wears a green button-up shirt with a pair of khaki pants and dressy white shoes. He never leaves home without his laptop which contains drafts of all his literary work, many of them scathing condemnations of different figures of authority at the time. He also is seen carrying a flash drive on a black strap hanging around his neck. He has plenty of freckles. He also wears an atomic watch.
Pen name: Marcus Long
Year in College: Freshman
Interests/hobbies: Doug loves the written word. He has been writing ever since high school and would have achieved international success if his works weren't intended to cause political upheaval. Other than that he enjoys tabletop RPGs, card games, and video games (in that order.) His favorite video game is Final Fantasy Tactics.
Backstory: Doug was a normal geeky kid who grew up in the United States. For the early part of his life there weren't many significant things that happened with him or any of his friends. When he was only 7 years old, Doug discovered how wonderful books could be. By the time he was 12 he already knew how to read in 3 languages! Having been bullied at an early age for being smarter than his peers, Doug kept mostly to himself, but made a small circle of friends, many of which had similar interests to his. When he was 14, he found himself writing books in his spare time, and had also been learning programming languages. However, his heart was firmly in literature. His stories mainly included those of wild adventures in fantastical worlds. However, his high school years had been riddled with troubles. Many of his friends had been screwed over by the authorities. Some had been put away in jail, others had been forced to pay arbitrary fines for crimes they didn't even commit. This turned Doug cynical, and soon this paradigm shift was reflected in his literature. He no longer wrote stories of fantasy and adventure. Instead, his works depicted political intrigue, with both parties playing with the lives of ordinary people. It was then that he adopted his pen name; Marcus Long. His pen name was derived from the names Gaius Cassius Longinus and Marcus Junius Brutus. He now sees his literature as a means with which to change the world and deliver due justice.
Favorite Book and Author: Small Gods by Terry Pratchett (Terry Pratchett is his favorite author.)
Why you are enrolled in this class: Doug wanted to use this opportunity to call out the government for its injustice.
Short story your character would like to write: Most likely a political intrigue, possibly inspired by his favorite video game.
What inspired you to start writing: Love of the written word.
Writing implement: Laptop (Doug has horrible penmanship, sadly.)
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

(Dear friends! I have recently started a new business with my parents and a friend of the family! This is why this rp has grinded to a halt. I will be updating the starting post of this rp with a lot more content. A few have pmed me saying whats the point in an rp about a writing class? I'll explain some of that with the post update! To those who still wish to play who have not posted characters; please do. The update will hopefully answer the question you guys have. :) Once again; I apologize for any inconvenance I have caused anyone; and by definition, any nerves I may be grinding...owning a business is hard; and it's the first time i've ever done it.)