The Discuss your idea's for an RP Thread.

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Azalan

Re: The Discuss your idea's for an RP Thread.

Post by Azalan »

Whoo! Legos! Those are awesome. I had millions as a kid. :) your idea sounds fun! Whats a swallow motif?
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Azalan wrote:I like that idea. Itd be cool to get that table top game started. did you ever think of maybe the players buying their own dice, then everyone doing it over google chat, or skype? :) That'd be cool! and you could go as people could be online! Besides if you got a good group of players people shouldnt fudge what they roll too often right? :3 go for it brian!
I didn't really think of doing it over Skype... that is definitely an idea that I will toss around for a bit. As for fudging numbers, to prevent that I use a system of "cookie" points where who ever brings cookies, gets points that enable to reroll, or even force another player/GM to reroll. However, unless someone mails me the cookies, that won't really work over internet...IDK, I will look around for maybe an online tabletop game that basically the same, but all virtual.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Azalan wrote:Whoo! Legos! Those are awesome. I had millions as a kid. :) your idea sounds fun! Whats a swallow motif?
A motif is a theme or pattern, my character's outfit is supposed to invoke a swallow.

Anyway, here's the setting: A kingdom and an Empire are at war, they use large suits or magic armor called Megadei(Megadeus for singular) and caught between the two is a neutral principality who worships a powerful Megadei as an embodiment of their God Of War, naturally, both the Kingdom and Empire want it, firearms exist but they're exclusive to the Empire, The Kingdom is more old fashioned, I plan on going through this once my grounding is over, the idea of doing it from a phone is a hassle.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, finally got around to doing the planning of my RP, I have a bunch of names for it, but I can't figure out what name to a particular race:  they are half unicorn, half human, with humanoid bodies, not centaur bodies.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

For settings i totally love the Butterfly Effect in rps, the best example is those used in the SMT Series... So i'm all for this post
Azalan wrote:I really really really want to do a shin megami tensei rpg. Buuuuut im not sure if anyone dothackers would want to play if I was to write one up!
I'd support you Azalan, specially since i love the SMT series, you could do a total spin-off with original story and background... Create our own SMT series rp, original non-canon work!!... As long as you keep the Butterfly Effect, it'll all go as smooth as a criminal...

I would love to contribute with it btw...

"Persona! *Snaps fingers and a fire aura surrounds the character, summoning a fire elemental persona" <-- This is an amazing evoking animation~
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

A friend gave me a rather strange idea for an RP:

The setting is a school, with students who are the shining beacon of the future, with amazing skills ranging from atheletics, sciences, and other skills useful for different proffesions, but then, the headmaster locks down the entire school, and offers a sadistic choice to the students: either live in the school forever, or murder somebody and get away it, the students are then allowed to investigate each other and name the culprit, if the accused is proven guilty, he or she dies in a way fitting, if the accuser is wrong, they die a fitting death as well.

That's pretty much it.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

That's the plot of danganronpa isn't it?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

kai the pkk wrote:That's the plot of danganronpa isn't it?
Before I say anything else, did you watch it? Or did you play the VN?
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

I'm getting the vita game if that's the visual novel I haven't had a chance to really go out and get it yet though unfortunately because of school
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Yes, the plot is Danganronpa's, the VN is like Ace attorney, plus 999, plus the social links in Persona, oh, and there's a rythim game, the game's version of a social link gets you skills which will come in handy later on.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Hmhmhmhmhm............ After playing SMT on both my 3DS and Iphone, I think I'll dabble into SMT RPing.

As soon as I get back from Malaysia.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Kaori wrote:Hmhmhmhmhm............ After playing SMT on both my 3DS and Iphone, I think I'll dabble into SMT RPing.

As soon as I get back from Malaysia.
I am all for this idea. As for myself, I'm considering opening up a new one, not sure what to do though. I've done some good ones in the past, but I'm not really sure if they'll be the same these days.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm recently in the mood for starting an RP set in the same universe as my fanfiction which follows a squad for the SICON(Strategically Integrated Coalition of Nations) in their struggles against the Imperial Federation of Belka, a couple of Mini Mecha is usually given to a single squad as Mobile Armor support so there will be mecha, but no power armor as that's a rather expensive piece of technology.
twilight_keeper

When you say mobile armor, the first thing that came to mind was: "Once the Big Zam is mass-produced, we'll put an end to the Federation in no time!"
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The name Mobile Armor comes from the fact that they use legs, Mobile Armor is a term used to diffrentiate legged armor from regular armored vehicles like tanks and APC's, mecha is limited in the setting to small ones, this particular setting takes place before the Power Armor arms race began, so a lot of Mini Mecha Ala Scopedogs are used.
twilight_keeper

I love me some VOTOMS, but before that I'm interested in the idea already.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I was gonna turn this into a flashback story, but my typist is on vacation so having her type the words for me is out of the question till she gets back, so I decided, eh, why not turn it into an RP, that, and I could use some fresh ideas from other people.
twilight_keeper

That's what I did with my WOD story, it's actually a pretty good idea in general, as long as the characters are well done. Had to do serious editing about the less-than-competent ones.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well, I do it for leisure and fun so there tend to be jokes here and there, but I got kicked out of a lot of places due to the Babyxpedophile jokes, its more of a Dramedy, but there were some rather dark stories due to my previous depression.
twilight_keeper

I know all about that, and how much it can suck. Although, my stories tend to be darker in nature in general, since that's what I prefer.