My Sprite Comic..

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Magatame

My Sprite Comic..

Post by Magatame »

Hi I made this today and was wondering if I could get some opinions and if I should continue on.. >.<
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Re: My Sprite Comic..

Post by Mellow Grunty »

No no no no NO.
Disregard what I said in that other topic, never, EVER save as .jpg. ESPECIALLY NOT FOR SPRITES AND SPRITE COMICS, JESUS.

Otherwise, you can barely see what the sprites are, the text bubbles just look lazy and the spelling is crap. I have no idea wtf happened in the comic, and try to avoid using SMILEYS too.
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

Mellow Grunty wrote:No no no no NO.
Disregard what I said in that other topic, never, EVER save as .jpg. ESPECIALLY NOT FOR SPRITES AND SPRITE COMICS, JESUS.

Otherwise, you can barely see what the sprites are, the text bubbles just look lazy and the spelling is crap. I have no idea wtf happened in the comic, and try to avoid using SMILEYS too.
Its not saved as .jpg? How do the bubbles look lazy, any suggestions? What spelling mistakes? lol What dont u understand about it? I wont use smileys again
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

"Whats the deal" "Is that a person" "Im the guy whos gonna kill you" "Your a walking pile of soot" "Its not over" "Whats going on" "Whats happening" Are the spelling mistakes.

But right, so you saved it as .bmp I assume? Most uploading sites change .bmp to .jpg, which kills the quality. Save as .png. What I don't understand is... Well, what is happening, but it's fine now. I read it like five times more and finally got the general idea of it, but try making everything completely clear in your comics so people will understand things immediately without having to read it twice. Like for example, who is that... Green guy, or whatever? Try actually introducing him.
And the text bubbles, try having an outline and make the arrows more straight and pointing at the character talking. Also, the text is always just randomly slapped on the "bubble," try to have the same amounts of pixels around the text in every text bubble so they look better.
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

Thanks ill definately use that advice! ^^ Hmm.. One problem though.. my sprites are always so damn small.. everyone elses are larger and look better.. :( Any more advice/critism