My Creations, Your Oppinions =S

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Magatame

My Creations, Your Oppinions =S

Post by Magatame »

Hi, I made there sigs earlier tonight and was wondering if I could get your opinion and advice.. im a noob.. i basically used renders and patterns to make these for my mates.
Astra

Re: My Creations, Your Oppinions =S

Post by Astra »

Magatame wrote:Hi, I made there sigs earlier tonight and was wondering if I could get your opinion and advice.. im a noob.. i basically used renders and patterns to make these for my mates.
Astra can help.

opinions: meh...lay off the textures of the background, it makes it look grainy and have worse quality. i don't like the 'render slapped onto the background' kind of work you did. the symbol, and text is a big no no. the saving as jpeg is a huuuuge NO NO.

Suggestions: you need to make your own backgrounds, instead of using stocks, or patterns. use some brushes to make the backgrounds, then some gradient maps to add color. when you put the render on, you need the make the background colors match the colors of the render or stock you use, or else it won't look nice and have a flow feel to it. you need to blend them more, possible feathering them, or using the smudge tool. the text is too big, and the white and red outlines need to go away. the box for the text can stay but use a feathered lasso tool to make it so it disappears before it gets to the render. try adding some C4Ds for texture instead of the texture you use.
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

Okay, So what format should I save it too and what exactly is C4D?
Astra

Post by Astra »

Magatame wrote:Okay, So what format should I save it too and what exactly is C4D?
NEVER save anything sort of graphics as a .jpg, always save them as a .png...that's like....a law.

a C4D is a Cinema 4D. they're basically 3D abstract renders. find some C4D packs on deviantart, and put some in your sigs, change the blending options to color dodge, and align it to go with the flow of your sig. right now your sigs...have no flow, and very little depth.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Astra wrote:NEVER save anything sort of graphics as a .jpg, always save them as a .png...that's like....a law.
Actually, high-quality Photoshop .jpg are OKAY, and that's what he seemed to have saved them as. I don't see any decrease in quality compared to what it could be in .png.

Then again, this ol' computer monitor of mine is falling apart and everything looks weird, so I might be wrong.
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

Astra your very harsh lol any other tips or info anyone would like to give me =S Like a link to a C4D Pack lol
Astra

Post by Astra »

@Mellow: i can tell a slight difference. my laptop has a high-def LCD screen...so....

@Magatame: go to deviantart.com, and search C4D packs...

what do you mean i'm harsh? do you want help?
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

of course i do ^^ Im thankful too lol.. I have a high def tft moniter.. I dont see any difference >.< ah well lol \i dont compare them so maybe if I did I would notice
Astra

Post by Astra »

Magatame wrote:of course i do ^^ Im thankful too lol.. I have a high def tft moniter.. I dont see any difference >.< ah well lol \i dont compare them so maybe if I did I would notice
if you've got any sort of low quality render, or stock that you try to you, and you can some how make it look half decent...saving it as a jpg will F it up again. plus it can ruin the quality of any sig you make, no matter the original quality of the render or stock.
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

fair enought ^^ Thanks for the info and stuff.. I suck at everything.. lol
Magatame

Post by Magatame »

Okay. I followed your instructions and made this:
What do you think? Opinions on this? >.< (I put the old one below it so you guys can compare.. I know there rubbish.. Humour me.. lol)
Astra

Post by Astra »

Magatame wrote:Okay. I followed your instructions and made this:
What do you think? Opinions on this? >.< (I put the old one below it so you guys can compare.. I know there rubbish.. Humour me.. lol)
okay...the text box looks a bit better, but the white outline on the text looks wayyy off still.

i'll give you a tip to try out:

- open a new canvas
- put in your render
- use the gradiant tool, with a light color from your render as the foreground, and black as the other color.
-strecth it acorss the blank canvas to made a half-black, half-light color background under the render.
- put in your C4D, set the C4D to Linear dodge or color dodge!
- then erase the parts of the C4D that cover the render.
keep expirementing with that style.

you want the C4D to follow the flow of the sig, and the flow of the render (which is still poorly placed) i HIGHLY recommend actually making it the focal by placing it more near the center. the problem with that render, is that it has very little flow, it's really only moving in one direction... the flow is like a vertical line.

also, the render is wayyyy to small for the size of the canvas, scale the canvas size down to a more workable size.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

my opinon I think there pretty good
Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Very good sig. I like these. :D