Going to Japan for a trip

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Going to Japan for a trip

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Will be staying in Kita for a while. Any recommendations to see, activities to do, festivals to attend? Planning to visit Kyoto, maybe Osaka too and also see Mount Fuji any maybe Tokyo Tower? Going by myself and I don't understand Japanese lol. I'm looking for any food recommendations or restaurants. Also food stalls? Another friend of mine told me to check out Dotonbori?

My trip will last 25 days. I don't have an itinerary. Will most likely drop by Lawson or Family Mart around New Years if other stores are closed.
Falions

Re: Going to Japan for a trip

Post by Falions »

A day trip to Osaka is definitely worth it if you're buying the JR pass since it's so close to Kyoto. You can spend a whole day just in Dotonbori. I definitely recommend going for takoyaki for lunch and okonomiyaki in dinner in Osaka. If you don't know Japanese, I recommend reading basic phrases and so on. Hiragana and katakana can be learned in a weekend, too, which could really help (especially since so many English words are spelled in katakana over there). As for food, the only place I can really recommend that I particularly remember where it was is Genki Sushi in Shibuya, they're great for lunch as their prices are super cheap and you can order (in English, too!) on tablets in front of you where it's delivered by a conveyor belt. PM me if you've got any specific questions!
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Just got back a few days ago. I miss Lawon and Familymart already for their cheap and delicious food. I did check out Dotonbori street in Osaka and tried Takoyaki for the first time. It was so good and hot. Wanted to stay longer, but couldn't. My feet are still somewhat sore from all the walking around town and to train stations. I had a lot of fun.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Not sure on events or so but you should check Kotobukiya out if you are in Akihabara at any point, who knows maybe they'll announce even more merch between now and then~

^.^ I'll be heading over there in afew months aswell *takes notes* xD
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

SSJScygoku wrote:Not sure on events or so but you should check Kotobukiya out if you are in Akihabara at any point, who knows maybe they'll announce even more merch between now and then~

^.^ I'll be heading over there in afew months aswell *takes notes* xD
I was there on my last day before my flight lol. I was just browsing around Akihabara and picked up Neptunia V CE and Neptunia Mk2 CE used for a friend at Trader 2. They had some nice figures at Kotobukiya and they have a whole floor dedicated just to "Tales of" games. They had some .Hack stuff too, but it was a small corner of an aisle. I was staring at the new Fate/Grand Order" Avenger/Jeanne d'Arc [Alter] Casual Wear ver. Figure they had for pre-order. I definitely contemplated about getting it, but I was leaving tomorrow and it wouldn't come out until May.

The one I saw in the store was uncolored, sort of like a gray clay model?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

zerokoolpsx wrote:I was there on my last day before my flight lol. I was just browsing around Akihabara and picked up Neptunia V CE and Neptunia Mk2 CE used for a friend at Trader 2. They had some nice figures at Kotobukiya and they have a whole floor dedicated just to "Tales of" games. They had some .Hack stuff too, but it was a small corner of an aisle. I was staring at the new Fate/Grand Order" Avenger/Jeanne d'Arc [Alter] Casual Wear ver. Figure they had for pre-order. I definitely contemplated about getting it, but I was leaving tomorrow and it wouldn't come out until May.

The one I saw in the store was uncolored, sort of like a gray clay model?
^-^ atleast you found some items to pick up while you were there,yeah they don't seem to have a large .hack section but with all the new merch you may need to look around in store. You can always pre-order the figure online xD

?-? maybe an unassembled garage kit or just one that needs painted?