Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Keyaki

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Keyaki »

shugo_lover wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Fu­ck Naruto.
That is all.
I concur. I don't even read the manga and I know what's going on. And I must say, my own theory was better.

This is just total ****.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

zaseo wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Fu­ck Naruto.
That is all.
I'm really hoping this is a genjustu or something. The main reason why so many people of disappointed is simply because of the HUGE PLOT HOLE. Kishimoto is really going to have to come up with something good to keep the story of Naruto's timeline consistent.

I know other series have plot holes but they're minor overall.
The main reason of my disappointment is that Tobi being Obito was a very crazy and obvious theory that this series made us think like 2 years ago, and just because Tobi had a Sharingan in his right eye and his name sounded alot like Obito...too obvious to be true. And through all the chapters since then, we've been led into assume that there was no way Tobi could be Obito...abyssmal differences between them, in how they are and what they've done, too many questions that cannot be answered just by saying "Obito", and so many things that left the Tobi = Obito theory long forgotten and no longer relevant, almost like the theory that Kakashi hid Pain-like piercings under his mask (OLD theory that arose from around the time of Jiraiya's death...about the same time that the Obito theory appeared, actually). And sure, Tobi was still a mystery and he could be anyone, and the Obito theory was still not 100% denied (unlike that Kakashi theory), but at least until the 10 last chapters, the only fact remaining to believe in that theory was that their names sounded similar...and believing on it for just that was no different than believing that Orochimaru and Konohamaru are family (and i know that the "maru" is just a japanese thing with guys...but still, it's just a name thing and it wasn't meant to prove anything). Everything else were just assumptions and beliefs based on gut...and sure, the theories of Tobi being Izuna, an embodiment of Madara, the original Zetsu or even Madara's child were all also assumptions based on no tangible facts, but they made MUCH MORE sense and could've perfectly explained several things...and out of all possible theories, the Obito one was the WORST of them, the one that contradicted everything else, and the one that would require alot of crazy explanations and plot twists. There was just no LOGICAL way in which it could be true, not after everything we had seen, everything we had learned, the path the story had taken, and EVERYTHING else.

And yet, it ended up being the correct theory. After 2 years of contradictions, 2 years of throwing us every single reason why to believe that he isn't Obito...he ended up being Obito all along. It has seriously been the worst deceit i've ever seen in ANY series. Tri-Edge/Ovan doesn't even compare in any way, since that one had many vague plots that were perfectly explained after its reveal, and it was a shocking spoiler overall...this one leads to dozens of contradictions after its reveal, and rather than shocking it has been tremendously bad.
And sure, one could still try to defend all the anti-theories and say that maybe he isn't actually the real Obito, or he's been manipulated, or it's all an illusion, or whatever you can try to come up with to deny this reveal. But sadly, we have no choice but to accept what we're seeing right now...and what we're seeing is that Obito, Kakashi's childhood friend that gave him his Sharingan and taught him important values of life that he accepted almost like his creed for the rest of his life (the whole "abandoning your friends is worse than scum" thing), is alive and has been working with Madara all along, leading the Akatsuki and an entire village from the shadows, doing the most horrible things worth of a true villian, and fighting against the main characters to fulfill his wish of sending the world into an eternal dream and achieve his "peace". And yeah, this will require plenty of more explanations for every plot hole that exists now (such like how the hell is alive, why is he with Madara, why did he change and how, how the hell he fought against Minato...and pretty much the whole series)...but at this point, i just don't care about it. They could as well ignore it all, have Kakashi and Obito kill each other in a crappy emotional way, have Sasuke suddenly forgive Konoha, join forces with Naruto to defeat Madara (with a Gigantic Mega Tailed Beast Perfect Susanoo Rasenshuriken), and then YAY PEACE FOREVER AND EVER, and it'll make sense with the story right now. It's not like i'll stop reading...i'm way too advanced in this series already and i still want to see how it'll end...but unless the following chapters REALLY convince me to accept and understand this reveal, i'll just not take this series any seriously ever again.

And yeah, i had to rant about this. I just had to D8
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I just think its lazy.

I've gotten back in Yu-Gi-Oh! and I'm dueling online on http://www.duelingnetwork.com/
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Keyaki wrote:I just think its lazy.

I've gotten back in Yu-Gi-Oh! and I'm dueling online on http://www.duelingnetwork.com/
HEY ME TOO!!! 8DDD
I've been on there for the past 2 months or so. Not exactly everyday...but that's where i started creating and testing my new deck, and though i don't play much often i've had about 50 duels so far.
Let's play together!! ;D
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

TheSorrow wrote:
Keyaki wrote:I just think its lazy.

HEY ME TOO!!! 8DDD
I've been on there for the past 2 months or so. Not exactly everyday...but that's where i started creating and testing my new deck, and though i don't play much often i've had about 50 duels so far.
Let's play together!! ;D
My username is Iznhou.
hidora

Post by hidora »

About the naruto thing, I have no idea wtf is going on, but my facebook feed has been spammed with variations like these all day long:

Image Image Image

It was funny the first time I saw one, but after the 15th one it gets kinda annoying...
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

hidora wrote:About the naruto thing, I have no idea wtf is going on, but my facebook feed has been spammed with variations like these all day long:

Image Image Image

It was funny the first time I saw one, but after the 15th one it gets kinda annoying...
Bwahahaa! LOL I'd go with Aizen.

back to Random Facts.
RF: Yesterday when I go to campus to take care of stuff before real class starts, I saw something kinda, well, surprising? There's this glass box the Theater Club use to display their 'creative' works, it always abstract and all, but I don't expect to see some GURO SHOWCASE in there. They hung disembodied head complete with blood splatter and brain leaking to table. Of course those are imitation. But still, I don't expect that. I'm ok with guro, but I'm afraid other student having hard time to appreciate it.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

VirusCoreS wrote:
hidora wrote:About the naruto thing, I have no idea wtf is going on, but my facebook feed has been spammed with variations like these all day long:

Image Image Image

Bwahahaa! LOL I'd go with Aizen.

back to Random Facts.
RF: Yesterday when I go to campus to take care of stuff before real class starts, I saw something kinda, well, surprising? There's this glass box the Theater Club use to display their 'creative' works, it always abstract and all, but I don't expect to see some GURO SHOWCASE in there. They hung disembodied head complete with blood splatter and brain leaking to table. Of course those are imitation. But still, I don't expect that. I'm ok with guro, but I'm afraid other student having hard time to appreciate it.
Sounds like a Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro reenactment.
databug

Post by databug »

i need sleep.... but i wanna stay up! :(
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

RF: cant focus due to too many of these enterfactory ads popping up for no good reason, how the heck am I supposed to do what I'm supposed to do now?
hidora

Post by hidora »

Kaori wrote:RF: cant focus due to too many of these enterfactory ads popping up for no good reason, how the heck am I supposed to do what I'm supposed to do now?
With AdBlock Plus?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

hidora wrote:
Kaori wrote:RF: cant focus due to too many of these enterfactory ads popping up for no good reason, how the heck am I supposed to do what I'm supposed to do now?
With AdBlock Plus?
how?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Kaori wrote:
hidora wrote:
With AdBlock Plus?
how?
1. Download Google Chrome.
2. Go to the Chrome Store in your new Tab.
3. Search for Adblocker (It has a Stop sign and an open hand for a symbol) because its better than Adblock+.
4. Whenever you seen an ad, right click the page, go to Adblock, select "Block ad on this page" and click the ad you want blocked. Adjust the bar until it blocks the ad, but leave the page intact.
Chrome automatically blocks all pop-ups that you haven't allowed, and adblocker doubles that security.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erranty wrote:
Kaori wrote:
hidora wrote:
With AdBlock Plus?
how?
3. Search for Adblocker (It has a Stop sign and an open hand for a symbol) because its better than Adblock+.
4. Whenever you seen an ad, right click the page, go to Adblock, select "Block ad on this page" and click the ad you want blocked. Adjust the bar until it blocks the ad, but leave the page intact.
Chrome automatically blocks all pop-ups that you haven't allowed, and adblocker doubles that security.
I use firefox.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Kaori wrote:
Erranty wrote:
Kaori wrote:
hidora wrote:
With AdBlock Plus?
how?
I use firefox.
Firefox has adblocker as well. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/

RF: Just went to the gym. I'm sore and tired. Strangely I feel good.
RF2: I haven't read Naruto manga for a year, so all these spoilers. Oh well, I'll try to catch up in a few days.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

zerokoolpsx wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Erranty wrote:
Kaori wrote:
hidora wrote:
With AdBlock Plus?
how?
I use firefox.
Firefox has adblocker as well. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/

RF: Just went to the gym. I'm sore and tired. Strangely I feel good.
RF2: I haven't read Naruto manga for a year, so all these spoilers. Oh well, I'll try to catch up in a few days.
I've used IE, FireFox, and Chrome. IMO Chrome is the best for general use, but Firefox can view Animated PNGs and has apps that allow you to download stuff which Chrome doesn't (like downloadhelper, which kicks ass).

All in all though, I've gotten rid of Firefox because of their absurd amount of updates that invalidate apps and skins like crazy. When they switched from 8.0 to 10.0 in a single day it invalidated Adblock plus, an ad appeared, I got a really nasty virus, had to backup all my important files only using my mouse because every time I pressed a key the virus locked out my peripherals, then I had to Boot Nuke the HDD and install a fresh copy of Windows. At that point my buddy was badgering me about trying Windows 7, so I installed that, gave it a month, didn't like it because of many issues I had with it being counter intuitive for experienced XP people like myself and its lack of advanced hardware options, 3rd party driver support, and various other things. So I wiped that and installed Windows XP again. Haven't looked back.

And THAT is why I use Chrome.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

You haven't missed much.
All in all though, I've gotten rid of Firefox because of their absurd amount of updates that invalidate apps and skins like crazy. When they switched from 8.0 to 10.0 in a single day it invalidated Adblock plus, an ad appeared, I got a really nasty virus, had to backup all my important files only using my mouse because every time I pressed a key the virus locked out my peripherals, then I had to Boot Nuke the HDD and install a fresh copy of Windows. At that point my buddy was badgering me about trying Windows 7, so I installed that, gave it a month, didn't like it because of many issues I had with it being counter intuitive for experienced XP people like myself and its lack of advanced hardware options, 3rd party driver support, and various other things. So I wiped that and installed Windows XP again. Haven't looked back.
You saying that XP has more 3rd party and hardware support than Windows 7 !?!

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

RF: Fission mailed
Altre

Post by Altre »

Hi guyz.
[edit, cuz I thought download helper was still available...] Many of the popular extensions from Firefox have been ported to Chrome.
Hrm... looks like they don't anymore. That's disappointing (or would be if I downloaded as much as I used to...).
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

RF: Pre-ordered Borderlands 2 so I can get the Mechromancer class, its gonna be sweet!