Random facts about YOU!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

they must be scared of that under powered nintendo switch.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

PS2 released in 2000
PS3 released in 2006
So 6-year life.

PS4 released in 2013
So 7-year life. However, due to the PS3's horrific launch they were forced to overstay in order to make back the lost money, so I doubt there were plans to keep the PS3 around that long.

2013 + 6 = 2019 Soooo, I could see the PS5 being announced next year :/

Post by Avatar_Crim »

maybe that means i can finally get a ps3 super cheap soon.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:maybe that means i can finally get a ps3 super cheap soon.
They are already super cheap if you go for one of the earlier models. I work at a game store and we sell the 80gb bulky ones for like $70 CAD. Used, of course, but still cheap.

Consoles have a life cycle of being cheap in the generation immediately after then becoming "vintage" in the one after that. For example like Dreamcasts, which for a period you could find for as little as $20, are now something like $70. N64s are the same way.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

70 is a bit much still. im waiting for more of the 40-50 range(usd). dreamcast are 70 by you? i can get them by me for about 25-30, but since i have one, i pass lol.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:70 is a bit much still. im waiting for more of the 40-50 range(usd). dreamcast are 70 by you? i can get them by me for about 25-30, but since i have one, i pass lol.
50 USD is about 65 CAD, so more or less the same. I think because the PS3s are a multimedia device with so many features like Blu-Ray, DVD, games, internet, and so on, I don't see it dropping as low as some consoles do. There's always a demand for PS3s, at least at my store we go through like 10 a week.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Why get a PS3, like all the good games have been ported to PortStation4 :p

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i collect consoles. but only when i get them at the right price... like i have 3 ps2 and ive only paid about 40 in total for them.(2 fat 1 slim, and never has never been played)
so the next from that line id like to get is ps3. ps4 ill get when ps8 is out or something lol
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Tonight was productive. Got to watch the awesome Superbowl and do a term project in a single night. Wohoo

Post by Avatar_Crim »

that was an awesome super bowl, regardless who i wanted to win or not.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Decided to mission for 2h one way to catch Yugioh Dark Side of Dimensions on the big screen. What a fun and great movie! Such a good experience
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Been nearly going out with a girl for 6 months, taking her places, going out on valentine's day - decided to officially ask to date her today, turns out she has a bf. I dated enough women in the past, some experiences worst than others, but never like this. This is disgusting. Fvck life.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Vallen wrote:Been nearly going out with a girl for 6 months, taking her places, going out on valentine's day - decided to officially ask to date her today, turns out she has a bf. I dated enough women in the past, some experiences worst than others, but never like this. This is disgusting. Fvck life.
Wow. That's terrible. I've had that happen, but definitely didn't go on for that long, maybe a month or so. Either way, It's a pretty crimtty situation.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

So did anyone keep up with the terrible launch of the Nintendo Switch?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Been nearly going out with a girl for 6 months, taking her places, going out on valentine's day - decided to officially ask to date her today, turns out she has a bf. I dated enough women in the past, some experiences worst than others, but never like this. This is disgusting. Fvck life.

:/ wait what, how could she have a boyfriend if you've been going out with her for the past half year and she fails to mention said person. Thats ridiculous >.<
Vallen wrote:So did anyone keep up with the terrible launch of the Nintendo Switch?
?_? I don't even know the numbers, was it really that bad?
Vallen wrote:Decided to mission for 2h one way to catch Yugioh Dark Side of Dimensions on the big screen. What a fun and great movie! Such a good experience
d(^_^) it was a fun movie, heck even seemed uncensored going by what they usually remove and the dialogue was hilarious in parts~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:?_? I don't even know the numbers, was it really that bad?
I'm not sure about the numbers, but Nintendo bombed quality control. YouTube Switch Issues, there are a ton of problems with the OS and low quality design.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: I'm not sure about the numbers, but Nintendo bombed quality control. YouTube Switch Issues, there are a ton of problems with the OS and low quality design.
Can't say I've heard much about issues besides a dead pixel, my switch has been working without an issue so I can't complain xD
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Been really enjoying Nier Automata. The whole time I felt nostalgic playing it, couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I get it. It reminds me of .hack so much! From the music, to the environments, to the weapon design, to the character movement animation, to the hacking! I took a few screenshots while playing, and wow, show these to a .hack fan and they will believe a new game is coming!

(you can totally bs and say that these are the new designs of the forest of pain, mac anu, those GU spiral tower dungeons, and a new Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground) :lol:

(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Vallen wrote:Been really enjoying Nier Automata. The whole time I felt nostalgic playing it, couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I get it. It reminds me of .hack so much! From the music, to the environments, to the weapon design, to the character movement animation, to the hacking! I took a few screenshots while playing, and wow, show these to a .hack fan and they will believe a new game is coming!

(you can totally bs and say that these are the new designs of the forest of pain, mac anu, those GU spiral tower dungeons, and a new Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground) :lol:

I... I can see the light!!!! I've been hearing nothing but positive things about this game. Its time to purchase.

RF: When I was younger I got an e-mail from CyberConnect2 encouraging me to try and join after my studies.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

So where I live, in Toronto, it finally warmed up. After those few snowstorms in early April, spring finally came.
My lectures are also now over, and I only have a few exams next week.

This summer is very important to me, I'll be taking my last class at my university (graduating in August!) - I will also have to use this summer to job search and search for post grad - whichever option I will land quicker is the one I'll take lol...

But I also have been thinking back to my childhood a lot lately, a sort of reflection of the last 10-15 years of my life. Trying to remember and compare the type of person I was in the 2000s, and where I was, and the people who were around me at the time. It's a strange feeling I've been experiencing. I feel happy I'm transitioning from being a student to basically an adult, but at the same time, I keep thinking to my teenage days and really missing them. I'm excited, but a little worried too haha.