Random facts about YOU!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Oxidizer

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Oxidizer »

I've only really been paying attention to current SMC, since the Witches 5 are like my favourite villain group ever. Sadly, their quick deaths continue...

I did see snippets of Dragon Ball Super, and I did like Goku vs. Hit.

Also been rediscovering nu-metal lately. God I feel like an angry teen again, lol.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, busier nowadays.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

started playing one piece pirate warriors 3.

Oh, also, just moved to WI. Which works out, cause I'm a judge for Pokemon Regionals in Madison now this weekend.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Awww yeah baby, the forums is back!

So, random fact.....

I'm still trying to get a Gundam Astaroth despite having scoured all of manila.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Been playing Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus on Steam. It is a great port. Also since it is doing well the other games are likely to get ported sooner or later.

I like the pre E3 stuff that has been shown. Next week is going to be even more hype.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well, if all goes well, I should be graduating this school year, I plan on just managing my farm full time once I do.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I am really hype for the big Street Fighter V update. Not just the story but a lot of content and fixes as well.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I am ready for dragon ball xenoverse 2 sadly enough.. i don't know why, but i really liked the first one.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

^I don't know if I want DBX 2. It seems that all they're doing is a new hub world, including movies in the story mode, and some new characters that should have been in the first one. I have mixed feeling on it (and secretly hope for a Budokai 4, or Tenkaichi 4, or Raging Blast 3)

--

I don't know why, but I noticed that I always get very nostalgic for .hack in the summer :(
During the full year I kinda seem indifferent, but the second half of each summer I start remembering .hack as a franchise when it was at its prime.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Vallen wrote:^I don't know if I want DBX 2. It seems that all they're doing is a new hub world, including movies in the story mode, and some new characters that should have been in the first one. I have mixed feeling on it (and secretly hope for a Budokai 4, or Tenkaichi 4, or Raging Blast 3)
I would much prefer a budokai 4, but xenoverse just had was I was hoping for in a game, and even if it just ends being a slightly different from 1, I'll take it for now. like i said, as meh as it may seem, I still want it for some reason lol.
Vallen wrote:I don't know why, but I noticed that I always get very nostalgic for .hack in the summer :(
During the full year I kinda seem indifferent, but the second half of each summer I start remembering .hack as a franchise when it was at its prime.
I do miss those days, watching it on Toonami or something.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

So I got back on the Tinder train. Oh man, these women are b!tches. I guess it's a result of there being way more guys on that site, so the girls are spoiled, so to speak. But they're offensive.

I kinda switched gears and just troll them with ridiculous opening lines just to piss em off. And if someone has a good sense of humor, then I actually try. Got 3 dates so far, don't think will see any of them again. Also got creeps a few times. Guys, if a girl is telling you she wants to hook up before she even saw you in person, 99% of the time it's either a dude, a killer, or a scheme to get you mugged.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i've never tried it, nor had i intentions to. but good to know and thanks for the heads up haha.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I'm really liking the features added to Sun and Moon. The IV Hyper Training thing is really cool. Breeding shall still be used for natures and egg moves. Breeding for Shiny Pokemon would be less of a hassle now, since IVs can be raised.

Like the Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017 trailer shown. Sega doing Sonic some real justice.

The summer heat these days. Also due to daylight saving time, the sun is out until around 8-9pm here. I tend to spend most of my time inside with the AC on anyway.

I'm a bishinen now but when I grow older I shall grow a well kept beard.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

When I was younger I always did these things called "End of Summer Posts" on all the forums I visited. I had online friends on various sites and we all kinda talked about what we did that summer - before school began (end of August is a dreadful time when you're a student lol). I kinda stopped doing them closer to the end of High School and Uni - but for some reason I feel like doing one again haha!

It's a little early to post this, but it'll give us a chance to talk over it for the next month (it's not like we get that much traffic on this site these days anyways). So here's what has been going on with me:

Like zaseo pointed out, the summer heat is crazy here too. I live on Toronto, Canada - we have huge temperature spikes. The Winters get as low as -30C (plus windchill) and the short Summers get up to like 33C (plus humidity), it's quite stressful on the body. Today I heard cicadas for the first time this summer - and if you don't know, cicadas are indicators of the summer ending (typically in August when the heat is at its peak before the drop in the fall).

My summer is going to be slow this month. I've done all the major things I had planned, and now I just wait all August until my final year of university begins. Due to my internship abroad, I couldn't get a full time summer job - so August is just my "relax and do nothing" month. It feels a little surreal but this is technically my final summer as a student. I've been in school since the late 90s, and then jumped straight into University. I ended up switching programs at Uni, so I stayed a Uni student a little longer than most 4-year programs. Still, I feel saddened realizing that this is my final summer of my life as a student - in the future it'll just be work.

I have nothing much going on (thankfully I completed all my major tasks that needed to be addressed). My remaining plans for August are:
-Continue my morning runs to the gym (while it's nice and empty)
-Chilling with friends
-Catching up on TV shows/games that I have in my backlog
-Selling old DVDs/Games (I have wayy to much stuff I don't need, all of it needs to go on eBay, empty some shelf space)
-Continue researching and thinking of post grad plans

Just curious, what's everyone else up to for August before the Fall starts? I love reading these posts and finding out what other people are up to. Granted, it's not as fun as in the past, most of us are adults here, but still an enjoyable read :)

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I'm up to the thing called job hunting.. It has been a rough time finding one.

Otherwise,when I have time, I've been going out on Pokemon hunts for Pokemon Go.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I wonder if the Pokemon company shall make up for that massive troll with Satoshi(Ash) losing the Kalos league in the finals. So many things wrong happen. Satoshi-Gekkouga throws a super orange water shuriken and it barely hurts Mega Lizardon X while its Blast Burn fainted Gekkouga. Earlier in battle Gekkouga canceled out Blast Burn with a normal water shuriken.

They hyped up things so much. Even called the episode Kalos League Victory! Alola shall not have the same format as previous leagues and if Satoshi does defeat Alan in the Team Flare arc, it wouldn't be the same feeling. Worse is it seems like he is going to get captured by Team Flare. It would be really hard to make up for Satoshi losing the Kalos league.

Thinking about getting some SFV costumes soon. Game is getting better with each patch.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Bleach ended. This was my weekly manga for more than a decade, and my favorite shonen out of the former big 3. I'm sad how rushed it felt, but I'm not gonna sit here and endlessly complain like the majority of the fanbase.

Despite the ups and downs that the series had over the years, Bleach still was a big part of my life. I've been a fan ever since I discovered this series back in 2005. Looking back on it now, Bleach really impacted me as a person, and my views and values were influenced by this series as well. I am so grateful that it was a part of my life growing up.

I suppose this now marks the end of a certain stage in my life. With me graduating university and the final series (Bleach) of my childhood concluding - I need to sit down and think about the future and plan the next phase of my life. Wow
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Vallen wrote:Bleach ended. This was my weekly manga for more than a decade, and my favorite shonen out of the former big 3. I'm sad how rushed it felt, but I'm not gonna sit here and endlessly complain like the majority of the fanbase.

Despite the ups and downs that the series had over the years, Bleach still was a big part of my life. I've been a fan ever since I discovered this series back in 2005. Looking back on it now, Bleach really impacted me as a person, and my views and values were influenced by this series as well. I am so grateful that it was a part of my life growing up.

I suppose this now marks the end of a certain stage in my life. With me graduating university and the final series (Bleach) of my childhood concluding - I need to sit down and think about the future and plan the next phase of my life. Wow
Well, I wish you luck with that, I'm okay with graduating and all, but movinga away from my hobbies?(namely Gunpla, anime and videogames) I'll still stick with them, besides my job is basically overglorified watchwoman for a warehouse, its called manager, but all I'll do is just make sure people pay for their orders and give change, although the latter is rare as we usually have flat prices for the products they want to stock up on.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I really hope Satoshi(Ash) can redeem himself in the anime somehow.

Can not wait for the September updates with Street Fighter V.

Gunvolt 2 hype next month.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Going for trophies in Journey. Sad that it doesn't have a platinum.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Playing Diablo 3 again, and started playing One Piece Burning blood. I think its my new favorite fighting game lol.