Random facts about YOU!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Vallen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm

I saved up money and took a few months off as un-paid leave starting this week, mainly to do some studying but also to think about my current situation. Work is extremely draining, I do on average 70hours per week with no overtime pay and no statutory holidays, sometimes we're forced to work even weekends - and this is for a big company after getting my uni and grad degrees, it's ridiculous. Not to mention my co workers all being angry and frustrated since they're also slaving away, it's not a good work environment. Now I gotta think what I can do next since this past year I have been the most un-happy I've ever been in my life.

In between studying I've been going for walks around my area, it's surreal to see the sunlight on weekdays, been a year since I last went outside before midnight or after 6am. Life has definitely took an unexpected turn for the worse, and I'm thinking really hard for a strategy to improve it.

In terms of fun stuff, there's not much, but watching some shows and keeping up with e3 this week has been enjoyable. There's lots of great games scheduled for the end of this console generation.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1008
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by SSJScygoku » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 am

Vallen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm
In terms of fun stuff, there's not much, but watching some shows and keeping up with e3 this week has been enjoyable. There's lots of great games scheduled for the end of this console generation.
:/ wait how the heck can any of that be legal,especially for a larger company and working more than 40 hours a week. You should have signed a contract with specific working days and hours not to mention have more days off if you have to work that much or atleast always have the weekends off. And all that with no statutory holidays which should be required by law, Is there a consultation agency you could inquire about this nonsense? Perhaps if it was a small company that needed the help but surely even then if they were that busy they could afford to hire more staff but even then the workers do have rights. Sure the company can try to fire you but thats even more in your favour as 1) you have more free time to visit consultations 2) its unfair dismissal and 3) it looks bad even if they fired you for some other reason, I doubt the court/tribunal would side with a company that is breaking so many codes of conduct, not to mention health & safety along with an uncertain amount of work :/

>.> having unpaid leave is another joke, especially with all the hours you've accumulated that should all but guarantee atleast a full month off. Not to mention the times you should you finish at, that most definitely requires extra pay for unsociable hours.

^.^ Glad you enjoyed E3, was there any games in particular that caught your eye? xD heres hoping for a good TGS~

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Vallen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 am

SSJScygoku wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 am
Vallen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm
In terms of fun stuff, there's not much, but watching some shows and keeping up with e3 this week has been enjoyable. There's lots of great games scheduled for the end of this console generation.
:/ wait how the heck can any of that be legal,especially for a larger company and working more than 40 hours a week. You should have signed a contract with specific working days and hours not to mention have more days off if you have to work that much or atleast always have the weekends off. And all that with no statutory holidays which should be required by law, Is there a consultation agency you could inquire about this nonsense? Perhaps if it was a small company that needed the help but surely even then if they were that busy they could afford to hire more staff but even then the workers do have rights. Sure the company can try to fire you but thats even more in your favour as 1) you have more free time to visit consultations 2) its unfair dismissal and 3) it looks bad even if they fired you for some other reason, I doubt the court/tribunal would side with a company that is breaking so many codes of conduct, not to mention health & safety along with an uncertain amount of work :/

>.> having unpaid leave is another joke, especially with all the hours you've accumulated that should all but guarantee atleast a full month off. Not to mention the times you should you finish at, that most definitely requires extra pay for unsociable hours.

^.^ Glad you enjoyed E3, was there any games in particular that caught your eye? xD heres hoping for a good TGS~
Welcome to public accounting, that's how they do us over here. Unfortunately "professionals", the term our government uses to define doctors/lawyers/accountants etc., are exempt from the 40h/week law. And the companies put us on salary rather than hourly wages, so no matter the hours the pay is locked in place. It's all very well thought out to exploit people, and considering these are global organizations with dozens of billions in annual revenue - they have their butts covered via policies, lobbying, and an army of lawyers that 'technically make it legal' for them to do this.

I liked the FF7R, it looks like a solid game. I also liked Fire Emblem Three Houses, that looks nice, too. Did any game catch your attention? ^.^

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Falions » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 am

Vallen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm
I saved up money and took a few months off as un-paid leave starting this week, mainly to do some studying but also to think about my current situation. Work is extremely draining, I do on average 70hours per week with no overtime pay and no statutory holidays, sometimes we're forced to work even weekends - and this is for a big company after getting my uni and grad degrees, it's ridiculous. Not to mention my co workers all being angry and frustrated since they're also slaving away, it's not a good work environment. Now I gotta think what I can do next since this past year I have been the most un-happy I've ever been in my life.

In between studying I've been going for walks around my area, it's surreal to see the sunlight on weekdays, been a year since I last went outside before midnight or after 6am. Life has definitely took an unexpected turn for the worse, and I'm thinking really hard for a strategy to improve it.

In terms of fun stuff, there's not much, but watching some shows and keeping up with e3 this week has been enjoyable. There's lots of great games scheduled for the end of this console generation.
Yeesh, sounds awful. When I get back I'm planning on expanding the CC2 fan club to North America, so hopefully we can provide you some relief in your off hours haha.

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Vallen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm leaving the forum. It's been one hell of a journey visiting this place from the old days of GU updates on the main page, to the dark days of the "bring LINK to the West" campaign, to lurking these forums for the last decade.

I'm planning to make some much needed changes in my life regarding my career and some regarding where I want my life to go in the future. One decision I made is to step away from forums/playing games/and spending too much time on the internet - Instead I wish to spend my time reflecting on life, reading books, traveling etc. There's a lot to see and do in the world - and I figured if I don't make time for it now then it'll never happen.

My final words of advise to everyone would be to stay positive and remember that you were born not for slaving away at work, but to see and experience this life. The .hack franchise over the last 17 years had an impact on who I am today, and I wish nothing but the best to all the fans and the series as a whole. You were some of the best people I had the pleasure of meeting online, so thank you for everything and best of luck!!

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1008
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by SSJScygoku » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Vallen wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 am
Welcome to public accounting, that's how they do us over here. Unfortunately "professionals", the term our government uses to define doctors/lawyers/accountants etc., are exempt from the 40h/week law. And the companies put us on salary rather than hourly wages, so no matter the hours the pay is locked in place. It's all very well thought out to exploit people, and considering these are global organizations with dozens of billions in annual revenue - they have their butts covered via policies, lobbying, and an army of lawyers that 'technically make it legal' for them to do this.

I liked the FF7R, it looks like a solid game. I also liked Fire Emblem Three Houses, that looks nice, too. Did any game catch your attention? ^.^
^^; Sorry thought I replied to this

:/ wow its no wonder that people tend to take an alternative course of action in getting to get retribution when fired or unable to handle all the "mandatory" work that is supposed to be normal for companies,all without appropriate rest. Forgot lawyers, these company CEOs need a brick to the face,they can handle paying the employers their proper wage and have cover for when they need holidays.

^_^ Glad to saw some games that caught your attention~ There was one or two but it will be awhile before they come out xD
Vallen wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm leaving the forum. It's been one hell of a journey visiting this place from the old days of GU updates on the main page, to the dark days of the "bring LINK to the West" campaign, to lurking these forums for the last decade.

I'm planning to make some much needed changes in my life regarding my career and some regarding where I want my life to go in the future. One decision I made is to step away from forums/playing games/and spending too much time on the internet - Instead I wish to spend my time reflecting on life, reading books, traveling etc. There's a lot to see and do in the world - and I figured if I don't make time for it now then it'll never happen.

My final words of advise to everyone would be to stay positive and remember that you were born not for slaving away at work, but to see and experience this life. The .hack franchise over the last 17 years had an impact on who I am today, and I wish nothing but the best to all the fans and the series as a whole. You were some of the best people I had the pleasure of meeting online, so thank you for everything and best of luck!!
o-0 Nooo don't leave us! The forums will always be here (I hope) if you ever plan to return n_n

That is a good perspective to take, do what you want now to broaden your horizons and experiences before it becomes too late. Being free from that crazy employment which essentially makes you a slave to work as you can't go anywhere despite have the money. I hope you find happiness in your new direction but you can always pop in every so often,you'll be missed T-T

xD Thats exactly right and I wish you good luck in your future endeavours, if there is every a new .hack game/media I'll hope you'll come across it at some point and remember us~ Be sure to add the forum into your favourites incase you forget xD

Post Reply