New Message Board Theme!

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Re: New Message Board Theme!

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I wonder...do we get "Hot" pinned?

Regardless...diggin' the update.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

While i really like the new layout and think it's much better than the old one (and possibly more efficient too, if this is related to the huge decrease in Bots invasion), i'm not liking the Ubuntu theme. Regardlessly of my preferrences to open source, i think it really gives the wrong impression. I mean, for a new member, finding an interesting .Hack site and then going to the forums and seeing an Ubuntu-like screen down to the top and bottom bars with ALL the icons can be a total LOLWUT. Sure, it can attract some members, and many others might not even identify it...but that's not the point. It just looks really out of place and make the forums seem to be about something they're not, not any different than seeing an Ubuntu forum with Kite's face all over. Whether or not it might look cool, it's just...wrong.

That said, changing the whole layout might be from problematic from impossible, seeing that perhaps you took enough effort already in merely changing from the old one to this, plus most active members are still getting used to this new design, and they all approve of it so changing it all again would do more harm than good. So, i think that just changing the "post" icons would be great, not affecting the overall layout while making it less Linux-ish and more .Hack-ish. I'm not sure if there's something i can do about it, like finding a better imageset or even making one myself...But i'm willing to help. Especially now that i can actually pay attention to the forums for once. lol
databug

Post by databug »

i like the look, i believe that, invokes calmness to the board.

but in regards to alternative skins, i think that could be a good idea. have as as a group design a few looks and then having everyone vote on which is better.